SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

The 3300 Demon Allocations, Is Mine Different Or is the Dealer Lying?

11738 Views 47 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Ted Pine
Hello, please help. I placed a $10K deposit for a Demon on April 19, 2017 at a dealer and I was #4 of either 5, 6, or 7 allocations this large Chicagoland dealership claims to have. They have my money and confirmed that I still have an allocation on June 24th (after 10 phone calls over three days), but also claim that I cannot order my Demon until July or August and that they have only received their first 2 allocations, leaving me at #4 waiting to order. I thought all 3300 allocations became available last week. This dealer is telling me allocations arrive in stages and is holding my money while not letting me order.

With this said, what do you think is going on? Is this dealer blowing smoke and going to say sorry we lied later in the summer when there are no Demon allocations left? Should I scramble now and find a different allocation and get my money back? Or is there a reason this dealer said I "cannot order until July or August" and he is actually telling the simple truth?
Reactions: dragrcr
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,005 Posts
I am pretty sure he is blowing sunshine you know where. My understanding is all U.S dealers received all there allocations on the 21st. I may be wrong maybe another member can verify but I believe he is just stringing you along.

Reactions: Scorpion27

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,567 Posts
Dodge - Contact Us

Dodge has a plan on which dealerships are getting allocations. I would call directly and ask questions.
Linda:)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call SRT hotline

Thank you everybody.

I did call Demon Hotline. The representative was super helpful. She said all 3300 are ready for order now and there are no future allocations. The Hotline representative then called the dealer for clarification about this and to investigate and spoke to the sales manager who took my deposit in April and called me back in 5 minutes. The sales manager at the dealer (who I made the deal with and has my $10K deposit and guaranteed me an allocation) told the Hotline representative that "we do not know how many allocations we have". After this, the representative from the Hotline called me back and explained: "does not look good", "is lying", "would put my money with another dealer", "should consider getting your deposit back and find somewhere else before allocations dry up".

I just called the business manager at the dealership and of course "he is busy and will call me asap". If anyone cares, I will update later. Looks like I might be getting screwed and will start looking elsewhere.

Thanks again.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,005 Posts
Thank you everybody.

I did call Demon Hotline. The representative was super helpful. She said all 3300 are ready for order now and there are no future allocations. The Hotline representative then called the dealer for clarification about this and to investigate and spoke to the sales manager who took my deposit in April and called me back in 5 minutes. The sales manager at the dealer (who I made the deal with and has my $10K deposit and guaranteed me an allocation) told the Hotline representative that "we do not know how many allocations we have". After this, the representative from the Hotline called me back and explained: "does not look good", "is lying", "would put my money with another dealer", "should consider getting your deposit back and find somewhere else before allocations dry up".

I just called the business manager at the dealership and of course "he is busy and will call me asap". If anyone cares, I will update later. Looks like I might be getting screwed and will start looking elsewhere.

Thanks again.
Sorry man

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,567 Posts
Thank you everybody.

Thanks again.
I'm glad Dodge is handling this and it least stopping these dealership " banking "!

Good Luck on finding the next one.

Linda:)

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,650 Posts
Time to darken their doorway!
Best help is self help!

and Welcome to the forum from VA! Tons of great info and people here. Enjoy!

Best of luck with the Demon order!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After all this, I just got a call from dealer (Mancari's of Oak Lawn) and they said that I "have an allocation IF they can find another dealership to sell their allocation" so that they can be a middle man. The sales manager said they "expected 6 allocations being the biggest dealer in Chicago, but only received 2 allocations" and I was sucker #4 of 6. They took my deposit 3 months ago knowing I was never going to get a car. Bad business and by definition-- fraud. They would still be lying if Chrysler Demon Hotline Help would have never been involved. A+ for SRT. F for dishonest dealership. :(:(:(

Good luck to everyone else still looking. The best I have found so far is $10K over. I found one for 5K over but it is gone. Let me know if anyone knows of one closer to MSRP. Thanks.

· Registered
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
4,169 Posts
After all this, I just got a call from dealer (Mancari's of Oak Lawn) and they said that I "have an allocation IF they can find another dealership to sell their allocation" so that they can be a middle man. The sales manager said they "expected 6 allocations being the biggest dealer in Chicago, but only received 2 allocations" and I was sucker #4 of 6. They took my deposit 3 months ago knowing I was never going to get a car. Bad business and by definition-- fraud. They would still be lying if Chrysler Demon Hotline Help would have never been involved. A+ for SRT. F for dishonest dealership. :(:(:(

Good luck to everyone else still looking. The best I have found so far is $10K over. I found one for 5K over but it is gone. Let me know if anyone knows of one closer to MSRP. Thanks.
You should be able to find one for your original $10k over. I would get your deposit back and start shopping.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
While this dealer certainly seems like a douche, I wouldn't necessarily say that they were frauds. I don't think any dealers knew how allocations were going to be handled, and how many cars they were being allocated until very recently. So to say that they took your deposit 3 months ago fraudulently, wouldn't be completely fair, since they didn't know at the time that they would only get 2 cars.

As you now know, though, it's best to move on. Hopefully, you'll still be able to find one out there at a reasonable price.

Frank

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
220 Posts
My dealer who is super honest,didn't know how many allocations he would get until last Tuesday. He only got one,which I got at mrsp,he told me he had offers of 30k over but held firm for me. Your dealer had no way of knowing his allocation until last week.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,618 Posts
Thank you everybody.

Thanks again.
Sorry. Dealers, not all, but dealers, can be creatures. And truthfully, if you can ever find a dealer that is as knowledgeable about you r car as people on this page, buy him dinner and send him Christmas cards to stay on his mind.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
163 Posts

those guys are shysters
i would never do any business there

· Registered
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
4,169 Posts
Are you looking for a third, lol?
I am trying to help Hellcat Dan with a deal as a kind of a back up to a back up. That is why I bumped his Thread yesterday morning. AsSo I have one more good Friend that is a serious buyer and he is like us, "it's MSRP or you are down the road". And that guy has money. He said he could never enjoy the car if he paid a markup and I can't say I disagree with him.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.