SRT Hellcat Forum banner
101 - 120 of 258 Posts
They are called port ordered options... 99% of ordered cars don't waste money on these options that are cf pieces for the car and probably an akrapovic or whatever it's called 5k exhaust.

Special paint color is $5k option.

Again 140k cars are soooo rare it's not even funny.

Wow! You are a sales manager at a gmc store! Omg please show us how much you got below invoice..... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

So glad you used your insider connections to pay 90k for your first performance car, and thanks for the knowledge that these cars won't sit after being a member for all of 6 days.

Meanwhile a savvy shopper effectively paid $400/mo for a hellcat for 3 years and is now getting ready to grab another one once you suckers overpay for yours I'll be getting mine for $600/mo 🤣

Attachments

😪😪😪 , anyways .. good luck with your $400 monthly payments and your unlimited trips to dealerships . I'll enjoy my Redeye soon..

🤭🤭😴😴😴
Anyway enjoy overpaying for your charger redeye while I pick one up next year for $600/mo and you continue to light money on fire while I save mine.

Oh and I never set foot in a dealership 😝😝😝, everything was done over the phone in a matter of a few days... you should know better being in the business.

I order a Charger Redeye on 24 September, received my VIN #. I'm not concerned about Power Dollars, if they apply excellent, however, that wasn't my intentions on saving money going into the deal. Yes, the Chargers have the meanest stance and know you add the horsepower to it. When it arrives I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store, lol.
I don't think many of us are simply concerned about saving money on the deal. If that was the case, I wouldn't have been so eager to find a 15 Charger HC when they were first released (knowing that I'd probably have to pay some type of markup), and I definitely wouldn't have purchased my 16 Charger HC at MSRP (instead of shopping around looking for deals).

After owning this car for 4 years now, this is what I've learned though...

1. The value of these cars after ownership isn't the greatest. You can buy used HCs in the 40s/50s easily. Multiple factors caused this. Some that come to mind is overproduction, Power Dollars, lack of exclusivity for both the body style and performance parts, etc. Knowing this, why wouldn't anyone want cut some of those losses that we almost certainly know we're going to see on the initial buy?

2. The build quality isn't the greatest. As I'm past the 36,000 mileage warranty, I've seen a few major issues that we really shouldn't see on any car.

a. The infamous door panel peeling on both driver and passenger front doors as well as the panels on both sides of the shifter area. Both of these are simply because the glue that is used is letting go. Replacement door panels are about $1k each since I'm out of warranty. So I'm stuck having to waste time and money fixing it myself.

b. The issue with the unconnect screen bubbling. Who knows what causes this. But I'll figure out how to replace it.

With just these 2 things in mind, if I were to go with replacing everything with factory parts, I'm a few grand in easily. And that's not even everything. Seeing as the car only has 4x,xxx miles, I'm actually curious to see how things go further down the line.

So yea, knowing that PDs has been available for so long, both for the 2019 and 2020 models years.. Knowing that the Charger Redeye is 2 years late, and being released so late in the generation.. And knowing that FCA released the Challenger Super Stock (which was revealed in the same video as the Charger Redeye) as a 2020 model so that those owners could take advantage of the PDs.. I'd love to at least get a little something off for my patience lol.

I don't think many of us are simply concerned about saving money on the deal. If that was the case, I wouldn't have been so eager to find a 15 Charger HC when they were first released (knowing that I'd probably have to pay some type of markup), and I definitely wouldn't have purchased my 16 Charger HC at MSRP (instead of shopping around looking for deals).

After owning this car for 4 years now, this is what I've learned though...

1. The value of these cars after ownership isn't the greatest. You can buy used HCs in the 40s/50s easily. Multiple factors caused this. Some that come to mind is overproduction, Power Dollars, lack of exclusivity for both the body style and performance parts, etc. Knowing this, why wouldn't anyone want cut some of those losses that we almost certainly know we're going to see on the initial buy?

2. The build quality isn't the greatest. As I'm past the 36,000 mileage warranty, I've seen a few major issues that we really shouldn't see on any car.

a. The infamous door panel peeling on both driver and passenger front doors as well as the panels on both sides of the shifter area. Both of these are simply because the glue that is used is letting go. Replacement door panels are about $1k each since I'm out of warranty. So I'm stuck having to waste time and money fixing it myself.

b. The issue with the unconnect screen bubbling. Who knows what causes this. But I'll figure out how to replace it.

With just these 2 things in mind, if I were to go with replacing everything with factory parts, I'm a few grand in easily. And that's not even everything. Seeing as the car only has 4x,xxx miles, I'm actually curious to see how things go further down the line.

So yea, knowing that PDs has been available for so long, both for the 2019 and 2020 models years.. Knowing that the Charger Redeye is 2 years late, and being released so late in the generation.. And knowing that FCA released the Challenger Super Stock (which was revealed in the same video as the Charger Redeye) as a 2020 model so that those owners could take advantage of the PDs.. I'd love to at least get a little something off for my patience lol.
Don't worry, the newbies know more about the car and its market than people who have had one for years, yet every other thread in the purchasing subforum keeps asking if PD will return for 2021.....

Well, all decent dealerships in my area want nonrefundable 1k deposit. I said, "thanks, but no". I decided to wait till 2021 and see how it goes. Now after reading this thread I get a feeling that they are (dealerships) concerned, that's why deposits are non refundable. I might be wrong, though, lol, not the first time.

My nieghbor works at Cabrals dodge dealership & he said he is gonna get ahold of me the first day the Redeye is avialable to order and my brother is ordering the Durango hellcat I’m hoping it’s anyday now also ordered a C8 on August 6th it’s gonna be a good 2021 love the new dodge commercial Talladega style That’s exactly how I’m gonna do my redeye as well

Me & my brother tried to get on pre order list for RE and Durango but it’s not like the C8 I guess the dealership just said it’s not avialable to order yet I asked multiple times to the last 2 months

Me & my brother tried to get on pre order list for RE and Durango but it’s not like the C8 I guess the dealership just said it’s not avialable to order yet I asked multiple times to the last 2 months
You can definitely submit an order now. Multiple of us have already done so. As far as I'm aware, they won't start production until November though.

The 797 Horsepower 2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye, Isn’t Cheap!
Is More Expensive Than Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody...

View attachment 560303

Not to mention the usual ADM on a new release.
i had dealer build one for me fully loaded was around 85k then they wanted 10k dealer mark up , guy was like just get hellcat and do some mods save 20 k

You can definitely submit an order now. Multiple of us have already done so. As far as I'm aware, they won't start production until November though.
tjohnson, i placed an order on a Charger RE on 9/24/2020 and if your information is correct being November they start production then 7-9 weeks on delivery will put the car arriving in early 2021. Do you think that will be the same for regular WB HC Charger?

tjohnson, i placed an order on a Charger RE on 9/24/2020 and if your information is correct being November they start production then 7-9 weeks on delivery will put the car arriving in early 2021. Do you think that will be the same for regular WB HC Charger?
More than likely, yes. But hard to say with 100% certainty.

If this is anywhere close to being true, this is precisely why I've been fussing so much about PD being available on the Charger Redeye from the start. Production hasn't even started yet and we're already hearing rumors of 3 new variants.

I'm starting to see some people on social media saying their dealership checked the status of their cars and it was in D1 with an estimated ship date of 11/23-ish.

Anyone else with orders in been in contact with their dealerships?

Just ordered mine. 2021 Charger Red Eye in White with Black Roof, Hood and Spoiler.

101 - 120 of 258 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.