SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,574 Posts
I would get the MT even though it is smaller. The Quick time pro is an older design and compound and it might dead hook compared to the MT. I am pretty sure the MT is designed for a Manual where as the Hoosire is not. Maybe I am wrong as I did not specifically research this.

ALSO be aware you are going to have to drive the car more. These will wander on the top end unlike the radials. If you do not like this then stick with the radials and deal with the bog. Either way I would go with the 3.9 gear.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,069 Posts
Dont you have to run bias ply up front if running in the rear?

And my 555RIIs like to wobble at the top end 120+ @20psi (20x10s)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Wait until you launch on that drag pack, night and day difference from the 555’s, you’re going to love being able to put the power to the ground. It’s all good, any car making this much power is bound to break at some point, fun part will be building it better and stronger now.
Aftermarket 9" ford pumokin whould enable you to find the next weak point.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,574 Posts
That front to back Bias Ply VS Radial rule only applies if the tires are the same size all around.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I thought that those drive shafts were supposed to handle a 1000hp?
In actuality, they should be torque rated.

However, torque at the output end of transmission is massively increased with a rev up and clutch drop. Eventually, I think you will find out that the tail end of the transmission becomes a weak link when you have everything else dialed in.

Parts breakage is not inevitable. If one chooses to go the "well, let's just break parts until we find one strong enough" route, then it does make it far more likely.

·
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,203 Posts
Jesus, rough night lol I guess the cars don’t like the cold! Hopefully I’ll find out later today what actually broke so I can start the fun of ordering new parts.
Exactly! My husband was in front of me. I waited for 25min clean up and then took my turn!

My Husband laughed how the cranage was a crowd pleaser. It was the Diff that broke that caused all the damage !

Linda :)

·
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,203 Posts
These are the two tires I am currently looking at switching to:

In the past I have seen that the 6 speed guys did well with the Hoosiers.
I once told a guy that do not use them on an A8 that he would need to do a lot of suspension work.
Didn't listen........ came to an MSHS race with Hoosiers......couldn't get down the track........sliding
He was lucky and a friend let him borrow his ET Rs and he was able to race.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
In the past I have seen that the 6 speed guys did well with the Hoosiers.
I once told a guy that do not use them on an A8 that he would need to do a lot of suspension work.
Didn't listen........ came to an MSHS race with Hoosiers......couldn't get down the track........sliding
He was lucky and a friend let him borrow his ET Rs and he was able to race.

I’m on ET street SS’s right now, plan on switching to the “R” next spring just still unsure if I want to go bias or not. If I do go bias I’ll be buying front runners to match.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The best way to avoid driveline shock Is a 15” rear drag brake package like the Mopar drag pack cars. There’s some really nice kit options out there. Keep your factory front big brakes with some Skinnies. Really works out well.
I know, I’ve given it some thought but I do like to put the stock 20’s on for street driving. Not sure how much the smaller rear brake would hurt street braking, I’m sure not enough for me to even notice.
And of course then I’d be buying new wheels too to ditch the Race Star 17’s I have now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
326 Posts
I know, I’ve given it some thought but I do like to put the stock 20’s on for street driving. Not sure how much the smaller rear brake would hurt street braking, I’m sure not enough for me to even notice.
And of course then I’d be buying new wheels too to ditch the Race Star 17’s I have now.
These new kits are awesome you don't lose much if any braking. they're not just using smaller parts they're moving good brakes in and away from wheel.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
699 Posts
Agree with Linda that these rears break a lot in cold weather. I broke by diff and passenger half shaft. Sounds like you may have done the same. Besides driveshaft these rears are real weak point.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,074 Posts
You have to make sure their is no slack in your driveline when you dump the clutch at 4,000 rpm’s.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
M6’s need a gearing change to 2.66 or 2.98 first, no more slipping the clutch, no more bog, then you can use the throttle to control your launch not the clutch. I’m on my original clutch yet, just about 16000 soon. I went with a 2.98 first 2.10 second combo which is perfect for the 315/50-17 MT R’s , about the same final drive ratio as the auto guys. I would have never cracked this 9 second pass without it.
4554E7F6-E402-4E44-835C-1D7809021DFD.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
510 Posts
M6’s need a gearing change to 2.66 or 2.98 first, no more slipping the clutch, no more bog, then you can use the throttle to control your launch not the clutch. I’m on my original clutch yet, just about 16000 soon. I went with a 2.98 first 2.10 second combo which is perfect for the 315/50-17 MT R’s , about the same final drive ratio as the auto guys. I would have never cracked this 9 second pass without it. View attachment 562436
Six more years before I can start getting invasive with this car. Until then... bandaid solutions!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Six more years before I can start getting invasive with this car. Until then... bandaid solutions!
You can get another transmission and toss it in and no one will ever know warranty wise there’s nothing else you have to do except swap it out if you have a warranty issue put the stock one back in and no one will ever know except your time sheets

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
510 Posts
You can get another transmission and toss it in and no one will ever know warranty wise there’s nothing else you have to do except swap it out if you have a warranty issue put the stock one back in and no one will ever know except your time sheets
My wife will know. And so will my pocket book. Also, it screws up my classification at autocross.

Why must there be so many consequences for my decisions?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My wife will know. And so will my pocket book. Also, it screws up my classification at autocross.

Why must there be so many consequences for my decisions?
You need to learn lying is necessary some times lol!!
All our politicians and country leaders do it why should you feel guilty doing it to for your needs??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
The 3.90 may not do much for your E.T. but it will wake the car up and make it more driveable on the street.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts