SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
510 Posts
For all the billet direct replacement pumpkins coming on the market you'd think they'd engineer a 4.XX gear solution. I dream of having 4.56s and 30" tall tires on my car.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
What is the ring gear diameter? If it is too small, then a higher numerical gear ratio becomes ever closer to a needle-and-pinion gear set, with too few teeth engaging the interface between ring and pinion.

I'd like to see a Dana 60 conversion.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
FYI, a 3.70 will cost $1,353.00, a 3.90 will cost $709.50 at mopar online parts. If you have not done so you may also want to consider upgrading the rear cradle and differential bushings.

Reactions: El-Gato

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just an update, finally heard back from the shop that works on my car. The drivers side axle shaft snapped clean just inside of the differential. The piece of the shaft is lodged inside the diff. The passenger side did not snap but is twisted. The shop is sending me pics and I will post when I get them.
The differential is being replaced with a 3.90 unit and the axle shafts are being replaced with G-Force 1500hp rated shafts. I’m also having a Barton installed while it’s there.... because why not lol

41 - 45 of 45 Posts