SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
I have nodded my car to an extent and not voided the warranty...
Totally depends on dealer. There have been hellcat owners on this forum who have had their warranty flagged and voided with just a CAI or just drag radials. Specifically states in warranty NO modifications period. If dealer looks the other way consider yourself very lucky. Also if you played with the tune at all and had a spare ecu and even put back your original, your screwed.. Also watch out dealer may say to you now , no problem we will cover your warranty even modded. Things change when money is involved. If I where you get it in writing . They should have no problem doing that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
^ Yes, it totes depends on the dealer. A CAI or DR's can't void the warranty. Have you seen a Redeye? My CTS-V had thousands (supercharger and diff) in warranty repairs while it was modded. It was in several times for diag, they were def annoyed and could have told me to piss off, but they did the right thing. I had another CTS-V that was modded even further and the service advisor was asking for how to trigger the exhaust cutouts while it was in for warranty work. Of course, there are some on the flip side, you screen those dealers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
^ Yes, it totes depends on the dealer. A CAI or DR's can't void the warranty. Have you seen a Redeye? My CTS-V had thousands (supercharger and diff) in warranty repairs while it was modded. It was in several times for diag, they were def annoyed and could have told me to piss off, but they did the right thing. I had another CTS-V that was modded even further and the service advisor was asking for how to trigger the exhaust cutouts while it was in for warranty work. Of course, there are some on the flip side, you screen those dealers.
Sorry you are wrong. CAI does and so does drag radials. Maybe GM is different. If something breaks let me now how you make out and please tell us the dealer that honored the warranty. It would be a great help for others on this board to know a dealer that will honor warranty with mods. Go search forums for other members horror stories when going for warranty work with any kind of mods.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Also look on you tube under user SRTMUSH I also believe he is on here. He was denied a supercharger with a bad bearing because of a k+n air filter, not even the complete cai. He was fighting with fca but don't know the outcome. So YES a dealer certainly can void your warranty for a cai or DR, especially DR for the added stress on driveshaft, axles, dif etc..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Did you explain the Redeye yet? That's got a green belt and cone filter from the factory and doesn't look like a dry one either. Also, how the widebody provides wider wheels/tires for better traction like DR's. Also the Demon comes with DR's from the factory. Do those have voided warranty from the factory too?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,332 Posts
I've known slowpoke for a while now and he's awesome but I'm definitely not saving mine for the next guy but I don't know what "beating on it" really means. I haven't ever done a burn out, but I've worked on my 0-60.
Not literally saving it for the next guy lol. Just trying to keep it nice not eventually turn it into a run down old rat rod that you see everywhere when they're ten yrs old but look and run like thirty yrs old.
Smackdown seems to like em old n loose though so that’s whatever. Ive done my share of racing on the racetrack (see my avatar) and so for me that’s where it gets loose but with a dedicated race vehicle, not on the street with my street car that i prefer to keep tight for me. I like knowing it’s mint every time I drive without wondering if that mod is leaking or the tune is causing that misfire or clunk or tick. For me personally the track is the place for it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,332 Posts
Did you explain the Redeye yet? That's got a green belt and cone filter from the factory and doesn't look like a dry one either. Also, how the widebody provides wider wheels/tires for better traction like DR's. Also the Demon comes with DR's from the factory. Do those have voided warranty from the factory too?
You’re making zero sense with all that. Every example you listed came with that equipment stock. When you drive in with different DR’s on a Demon the answer is yes. Likely? No. Can they void it? Definitely. Change your belt to a green one and technically if they think something isnt right, they can use that to get rid of you. Again, likely? No. Possible? Yes. Hellcats with cai’s that arent stock? Hell yes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Smackdown seems to like em old n loose though so that’s whatever. Ive done my share of racing on the racetrack (see my avatar) and so for me that’s where it gets loose but with a dedicated race vehicle, not on the street with my street car that i prefer to keep tight for me. I like knowing it’s mint every time I drive without wondering if that mod is leaking or the tune is causing that misfire or clunk or tick. For me personally the track is the place for it.
Plot twist: my first Hellcat was a year and half old with 8k mi and original tires with 8/32" remaining. When I bought it, it was always in red key mode and I kept breaking the "top speed" and doing multiple "WOT runs" on it. I def didn't keep it tight for the next owner. I just bought my second Hellcat, with 10k miles on it over 4 and a half years, so it was prob kept tight for me. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,502 Posts
Live your life man. Do it how you want with all your opinions being your own. Sounds like you have an amazingly exciting job that you can drive a Hellcat so gently. Sounds miserable to me. To each their own. That's just my 2 cents.
Exciting job I don't know. Suits me that is for sure. Certainly allows me to afford pretty much any car -- other than super exotics -- I want to drive.

My self worth doesn't need bolstering by hot rodding around in my Hellcat.

To me the Hellcat is an exciting car to drive even if I only very rarely take it up near 10/10ths.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Sorry but the base hellcat is not a redeye or a demon. The engine alone iin the redeye and demon is much improved to compensate for increase in horsepower. Not to mention the improvements with trans,torque convertor,axles etc to handle the EXTRA STRESS Enough said, you are wrong ,sorry!
What slowpoke387 said. Thanks slowpoke387!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
The factory wider tires on a widebody do not even come close to a DR. Demon and redeye are upgraded in all drivetrain areas engine, trans dif,etc to compensate for increase in power and torque so they can give a factory warranty. The use a green belt because of the increased boost pressure made from the 2.7l supercharger which again is upgraded from the base 2.4L supercharger on regular hellcat. Enough said let's move on. This is getting old.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,202 Posts
Also look on you tube under user SRTMUSH I also believe he is on here. He was denied a supercharger with a bad bearing because of a k+n air filter, not even the complete cai. He was fighting with fca but don't know the outcome. So YES a dealer certainly can void your warranty for a cai or DR, especially DR for the added stress on driveshaft, axles, dif etc..
After his YouTube video exploded FCA reversed course and replaced his supercharger, but yes, originally they denied his claim because of a K&N.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Hello everyone,

I’m new to this board and I’m sure this issue has been discussed many, many, many times....but, I’m getting ready to finally purchase a Hellcat and wondered about the future of used Hellcats. I love looking at Cars.com, CarGurus and Autotrader (and probably 10 other ones as well) and I’m noticing more and more used Hellcats with miles between 35-50k for sale. My humble opinion is the market is going to continue getting flooded with used Hellcats with these miles because the original owners have had their fun and don’t want to deal with this car after the factory warranty runs out.

Here’s my questions: Do you think we are going to see more and more used Hellcats with this type of mileage showing up on used car lots? And do you think the prices are going to stay in the 38-45k range for long? I was waiting until after the new year to see if there were going to be any big price drops and I’m already seeing some (I know adding another year to the car decreases the value) how far do you see the discounts dropping? Are we going to see 30k 2016 Hellcats with 53k miles anytime soon (and I’m not talking about salvage ones)

I love Hellcats and plan on buying one this year and I’m not chasing the lowest price to barely afford it and can’t afford the maintenance....I’m truly wondering if a market shift is getting ready to happen and if 50k Hellcats will be a dime a dozen in two years?

Thanks
I think the prices will be bottoming out around 40k by mid year. I have a leased 2016 Charger HC with 28k miles, RV is 44k. I was looking to move into a 2019 at the end of the year, but was only offered 40k for payoff. Dealer told me that there are too many heavily discounted 19's and that was driving price of used vehicles down. I suspect there will be quite a few coming off lease in the next few months. As much as I love the car, I don't think I'm willing to pay 44k for it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
No....A CAI does not void your warranty. I’ve driven my 18 with mines on it for 2 years and my dealer has said it wasn’t a problem. In srtmush case, there were a lot of hellcats made in 15,16 having problems with the supercharger bearings from the factory with stock CAIs. Srtmush won his case because of that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
126 Posts
There are a lot of opinions expressed here that seem to be more wishful thinking than real world analysis. As long as FCA is producing Hellcats, they will depreciate. There really will be no bottom, at least not in the near term. And EVERYTHING plays into a car's depreciation; MY, miles, condition, availability, color, transmission, equipment, season, demand, and yes, even factory discounts and leases on new models. Hellcats averaged over $600 a month depreciation the first few years of production. As those cars age, that depreciation will slow somewhat, but will not stop. Without new innovative models, it will be interesting to see how quickly today's deeply discounted units will depreciate.

I just looked on one national sales site and there are well over 300 Used Challenger Hellcats for sale. Many low mileage desirable Hellcats can be had for the mid-$40ks. But many of them have been on there for months even after repeated price drops. So that mid-$40k ask is not getting them off the lots.

I have owned many, many used muscle cars. There is nothing wrong with a used muscle car, but you do have to have enough sense/knowledge to not get burned. Used Hellcats are becoming a real bargain. We are on the verge of being able to buy a real maximum performance machine for under $40k. You sure can't build a classic with any where near the comfort, performance and dependability for that money. And one more thing; any machine can be damaged or destroyed, especially by an idiot. But these machines have so many self preservation features, that with the stock type tires, most will not be hurt at all. No matter how many times the go pedal is mashed. They are well designed, built tough, and self protect.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
No....A CAI does not void your warranty. I’ve driven my 18 with mines on it for 2 years and my dealer has said it wasn’t a problem. In srtmush case, there were a lot of hellcats made in 15,16 having problems with the supercharger bearings from the factory with stock CAIs. Srtmush won his case because of that.
Like myself and others said a THOUSAND TIMES it depends on dealer , enough already. By the way srtmush was ONLY THE FILTER NOT A CAI UNIT! Yes fca can certainly deny a cai unit if they want to. If your dealer says it's ok great, name the dealer if he will accept mods so other members on this forum can go to them if they have a warranty problem in the future. A matter a fact I will contact fca's warranty department tomorrow and ask them point blank if a cai will void warranty and also ask about other mods. I will post reply tomorrow with the name of the representative I talk to from fca. Hope that will end this once and for all. If I am wrong you will know tomorrow. How about this give me your dealers name so I can ask fca if others can go to them with aforementioned mods and still be covered.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
549 Posts
I just had my complete differential replaced under warranty. I took it to the drag strip for the first time and 2/5 runs in the burnout box I kept hearing this screeching noise towards the end of the burnout. It sounded like rear end noise and I verified it both times on the return road I would hear a random (Ker-chunk) noise and it also did it on right hand turns only. Once the car cooled off over night, the clunking was completely gone and only a whine remained above 65mph. I have a good friend as a service advisor and was worried about my differential brace. He said bring it in on stock tires and they will replace the unit under warranty. 5 days later I get a call and all is well and the tech even reinstalled my diff brace. I tipped the mechanic and my service advisor $50/each for giving me no quams about the diff. I asked him about what FCA said and he told me that this particular dealership makes the call on the warranty. I was very happy!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Like myself and others said a THOUSAND TIMES it depends on dealer , enough already. By the way srtmush was ONLY THE FILTER NOT A CAI UNIT! Yes fca can certainly deny a cai unit if they want to. If your dealer says it's ok great, name the dealer if he will accept mods so other members on this forum can go to them if they have a warranty problem in the future. A matter a fact I will contact fca's warranty department tomorrow and ask them point blank if a cai will void warranty and also ask about other mods. I will post reply tomorrow with the name of the representative I talk to from fca. Hope that will end this once and for all. If I am wrong you will know tomorrow. How about this give me your dealers name so I can ask fca if others can go to them with aforementioned mods and still be covered.
University Dodge 🤷🏿‍♂️. I personally spoke with my service advisor and it was broken down to me. CAI UNIT OR FILTER doesn’t matter. I have a WHOLE UNIT on my Hellcat and they weren’t bothered by it since day one of my oil change. They’re concern is me tuning my car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
I just had my complete differential replaced under warranty. I took it to the drag strip for the first time and 2/5 runs in the burnout box I kept hearing this screeching noise towards the end of the burnout. It sounded like rear end noise and I verified it both times on the return road I would hear a random (Ker-chunk) noise and it also did it on right hand turns only. Once the car cooled off over night, the clunking was completely gone and only a whine remained above 65mph. I have a good friend as a service advisor and was worried about my differential brace. He said bring it in on stock tires and they will replace the unit under warranty. 5 days later I get a call and all is well and the tech even reinstalled my diff brace. I tipped the mechanic and my service advisor $50/each for giving me no quams about the diff. I asked him about what FCA said and he told me that this particular dealership makes the call on the warranty. I was very happy!
Exactly what I said! FCA will void the warranty if they know it was modded. The dealer basically lies to fca and says it is all stock no mods. If you find a dealer that will do it, good for you, you beat the system. Like the above member mentioned dealer said "bring it in on STOCK tires" not drag radials . I wander why the dealer said that????Enough said

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Exactly what I said! FCA will void the warranty if they know it was modded. The dealer basically lies to fca and says it is all stock no mods. If you find a dealer that will do it, good for you, you beat the system. Like the above member mentioned dealer said "bring it in on STOCK tires" not drag radials . I wander why the dealer said that????Enough said
Perfect example just posted on forum under "fca is garbage" talks about warranty and the problems he is having. FCA flagged him and totally voided his warranty.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts