SRT Hellcat Forum banner

The Hellephant Question....

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Gotgap 
#1 ·
I have a 2021 Super Stock. Would a hellephant engine be a bolt up? would the driveline hold up? Is it safe and or possible? Always gotta have more.............

#6 ·
I just thought that tuning to get more HP would put a strain on the engine as it seems that adding 200-400- more HP on the present SS engine wouldn't hold up long. Thanks for the insight, I will look deeper into tuning aspect, and thank you guys for your response. Peter

#7 ·
To be fair, I don't fully expect any 1,000hp engine to last very long without maintenance. This is likely why you won't see one go into a production vehicle as nobody in their right mind would warranty a pushrod car with 1,000hp+.

Reactions: Gotgap
#13 ·
Me Me Me!!
Who would of thought a Demon with 840hp for the track with a bumper to bumper warranty?
My Buick Grand National puts out gobs of power, and would hurt 99.99% of feelings of cars on here, but damn that sumbitch breaks a lot.
Last time turned the boost up 3 more pounds and the crank said "Umm, I am done, I think we need to go our separate ways."

#16 ·
As an engineer, you give engineers far too much credit :) Go watch that impossible baking challenge show on Netflix where they team a baker and an engineer to make crazy things. Note how many engineers can't figure out how to make a simple functional pulley. And, one of the worst ones was a NASA aeronautics engineer. Poor girl, I don't think she ever made anything that worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.