SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love the new Mustang and think this is pretty cool. Takes a lot of parts from the new GT500 and slaps them on a 5.0 GT. Bumps up power to 485 and offers a Tremec 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wasn't too long ago Ford and GM said that the younger generation was not interested in muscle cars and they were going to stop building them. Hmmmm?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still rather a GT350 but for the $$ not a bad car
I think the GT350 is way overpriced. The Mach 1 is priced to be a pretty good bang for your buck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely nice that it gets the GT350 Tremec manual transmission.
I think it looks good but I was hoping for 500hp

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I tire of Mustang's shape looking like something that got pushed out of a Moa's vojeeber.

Bring back the 1969 Boss 429 Mustang, with as few changes as necessary to make it legal. Same thundering 429 cubic inch engine, BUT turning at around 3000RPM max with a nice supercharger, so it can make power and torque AND fuel mileage like the Hellcat.

Then, OOPS, those, those PHILISTINES are actually putting bigger cams, valve springs, and headers on it and cranking 1000hp out of it at 6000-7000 RPM!!!

Henry Ford III on the New Boss:
"Of course the scoop feeds directly to the engine. What do you think we are, boy, a bunch of pansies?"
The tires are 295/60/17's, evidently, and, according to Henry, the sidewalls have been made "Stiffer than a British officer's upper lip" so they can run lighter wheel/tire combo and not lose much in the way of cornering sharpness." As an added bonus the new Goodyear Polyglas lookalikes are actually run-flat tires.
Evidently, old rivalries die hard, and Henry Ford has thrown down the guanto to Fiat Group president Michael Manley, "but this time on the streets of Detroit, or any autostrada you care to race your muscle cars on." Quoth Henry 3.0

Of course, for purists, have the New Nine with a fuel injection lookalike for the monstrous and insta-banned Autolite 1400cfm inline four-barrel carb that Ford brought to NASCAR.

Have (I am Jack's smirking revenge) non-electronic good ol'boy New Boss Nines with various carburated options, ready to plop in and run, as in, an absolutely direct bolt-in, so people could, ostensibly find a way to replace the factory engine with a BSN carbureted EMP-proof old-school, lumpy-cam pavement terror capable of 600-800hp, depending on cam choice.

You know, back when I gave Bob Lutz the idea of resurrecting the Cuda, AND producing the small-block Hemi, they dragged their feet for about ten years before they got to work on it.

I wonder if ol' Henry's boys and girls are a bit quicker off the mark than Bob et al.

I wonder if Ford will spend the rest of its existence watching the taillights of Hellcats and Challengers. I wonder if all the people over there, collectively, can dredge up ONE gram of testosterone.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I say, forget the minivan. Bring back big, fat, loud, wide SEE-DANS as your brood-hauler of choice. Don't make'em overly-luxurious. Lotsa space, BENCH SEATS YOU BUNCH OF AFFECTION-ALLERGIC PANSIES, and a trunk that all the kids can sit in if they want to.

Ford Galaxie
Dodge Fury/300/Shamu/Moby Dick
Chevrolet Impala

Go full freaking retro on them. Chrome. Bumpers. Steel thicker than gum wrappers. Analog. Automatics. Slickly integrate hybrid tech in there.

Tennis courts in the interior, or bowling alleys. Or maybe a skeet shooting range. You get the idea.
Helicopter landing pad on the roof.

While I'm at it, punch the Europeans and Asians in the face with tariffs that match theirs, and bring back REAL Cadillacs, Lincolns, and Fifth Avenues. A parade of huge, soft, luxurious velvet-upholstered cream puffs that even Henry Ford himself would be proud to be seen in.

DO IT, AMERICA! DO THE WHOLE FREAKING GLOBAL VILLAGE!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wasn't too long ago Ford and GM said that the younger generation was not interested in muscle cars and they were going to stop building them. Hmmmm?
And they did. The Camaro is now a corvette, the corvette is now a Ferrari, and the mustang is only a mid-engine away from being a Porsche. There's nothing "muscle car" about any of them, except horsepower numbers. But the cars themselves are all sports car.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Reactions: vortecd

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So 20 more HP for $15,000?
More than just HP bump over a standard GT. Suspension, brakes, etc. and some GT500 parts. I like it, but not everyone’s cup of tea.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
626 Posts
Biggest plus to that car is the Tremec transmission. The MT82 has sucked since it came out.

·
Registered
In The Market
474 Posts
This will be like the c8. Base price $59k but after you add options $70k. How many machs will be 50k, 0

Scat pack with options can be had under 40k with discounts.

So you can have a track worthy car for over 50k which most don't do or have a drag worthy car for under 40k which most do

I have owned plenty of of Mustangs, and loved my Daytona more

For now I will take me Hellcat over any Mustang

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
I like the idea of a new boss 9! I’ve thought that about a lot of the most popular cars of the first gen muscle cars. Build a brand new 69 Camaro or a brand new 70 Mustang with all the safety and comfort not to mention power trains you’d sell as many as could be built. Like remaking a really good movie. Next generation will eat it up.
KID

1 - 18 of 18 Posts