SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friday night argument(s) with buddies at Bob's Big Boy. The perfect Hellcat Challenger for street use...

'15, 6-speed Sublime Green - started it all. All the power you need.

'17 supercharger issue fixed, five-spoke back wheels. Classic sleeper.

'18 Demon ("floats" when street driving?)

'18 wide body anything (mixed views on plastic additions to body)

'19 narrow body RE (rare, never seen one on street)

'20 Super Stock, Smoke Show (limited production year)

· Premium Member
2022 Challenger Jail Break
2,761 Posts
It has a super stock tune so rated at 807hp. Also for tje street and comfort it’s the only 807hp red eye you can get premium options like laguna and carbon fiber. Street for me means comfort.

· Registered
More round than tall
790 Posts
I LOVE Bob’s Big Boy.

Them burgers - nom nom nom!!!!

· Registered
21 Camaro ZL1
1,504 Posts
19 WB Redeye Challenger is the perfect HC. It has the newest ECM compatible with the direct connect packages, but it did not come with the newest EPA stepped on calibration from Dodge that neutered the car. Plus its the newest look inside and out with the WB, the same as any brand new HC. That would be my pick if I were to get another one. Used 19 RE WB Challenger A8.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
783 Posts
I won’t go into it all but 21+ cars have the newest calibration with the much harsher cat over temp thresholds that drop boost and wash down the cylinders with fuel to save the cats.
I say no. Why would they have something that would cause premature failure of the cats ? Excess raw fuel goes directly to the cats.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,718 Posts
19 WB Redeye Challenger is the perfect HC. It has the newest ECM compatible with the direct connect packages, but it did not come with the newest EPA stepped on calibration from Dodge that neutered the car. Plus its the newest look inside and out with the WB, the same as any brand new HC. That would be my pick if I were to get another one. Used 19 RE WB Challenger A8.
But the fugliest wheels. Bump up to ‘20.

· Registered
322 Posts
Jailbreak cars are cosmetic garbage only. They let people build ugly cars that they think will be rare and worth more money one day. All while paying a big premium. Makes no sense to me.

Robert
Wow,

Man just keep it quiet 🤫 or my Cat will hear you 😜

I get it, yes they can be really ugly for sure but as many have said before if you want a Redeye WB properly spec’d then Jailbreak is your only option when ordering in ‘22

Plus, my Jailbreak ain’t ugly She’s a beauty 😻

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

· Registered
1,350 Posts
The "perfect" Hellcat is a free Hellcat!!!

But until then, the perfect one for me is sitting in my garage. 👍
Wow,

Man just keep it quiet 🤫 or my Cat will hear you 😜

I get it, yes they can be really ugly for sure but as many have said before if you want a Redeye WB properly spec’d then Jailbreak is your only option when ordering in ‘22

Plus, my Jailbreak ain’t ugly She’s a beauty 😻

View attachment 599561
Sure as hell is beautiful!!!

· Registered
21 Camaro ZL1
1,504 Posts
I say no. Why would they have something that would cause premature failure of the cats ? Excess raw fuel goes directly to the cats.
They don’t. Dumping fuel cools the cats. All cars have cat over temp protection. Just so happens dodge ramped up the protection on the newer hellcats and now it kills performance in otherwise safe driving scenarios. Like at the drag strip or on the highway doing wot pulls.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.