SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is redundant, but it’s a carry over from my previous post . Long story short - I’ve been to the dealer 5 times for a check engine light . 4 times they’ve reset it . This last time the master tech looked at it and said that the exhaust manifold had some loose bolts . He tightened them up and reset the light . Three days of no check engine light and then wham ! It came on this am .. tomorrow they’re going to replace the cats and 02 sensors . Also , the service writer said that there are two Sets of sensors that need to be replaced , and one of them is on back order till dec21. My question is , what are the realistic chances of a lemon law at this point ? Love the car but this is getting ridiculous . Keep in mind the car was purchased brand new less than a month ago and has less than 1,000 miles .

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
986 Posts
Lemon laws are different depending what state you are in. Google it for your state & see what you can find. That's ridiculous though, thought of a different dealer maybe?? & a part on backorder until DECEMBER OF 2021???? WTF. How are they building cars then???? That cannot be right. I would seriously think about another dealer

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,506 Posts
I would see if they can locate them in another dealer's stock. I talked to Steve White Parts and was able to locate a rear window locally. They were great help. Turned out a local dealer had the rear window for my Ram in stock when the repairing dealer was happy to wait 3 months for the window to come in.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,068 Posts
Agree with both replies so far - it might be time to see another dealer. Your warranty is good at all Dodge dealers.

Didn't see where you're located, but I can certainly recommend my dealer here in Central IL. PM me if that will help!

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,517 Posts
sorry if this is redundant, but it’s a carry over from my previous post . Long story short - I’ve been to the dealer 5 times for a check engine light . 4 times they’ve reset it . This last time the master tech looked at it and said that the exhaust manifold had some loose bolts . He tightened them up and reset the light . Three days of no check engine light and then wham ! It came on this am .. tomorrow they’re going to replace the cats and 02 sensors . Also , the service writer said that there are two Sets of sensors that need to be replaced , and one of them is on back order till dec21. My question is , what are the realistic chances of a lemon law at this point ? Love the car but this is getting ridiculous . Keep in mind the car was purchased brand new less than a month ago and has less than 1,000 miles .

If I were you, I would be sending emails to the Dealership Service Manager, the Sales Manager and the Dealership General Manager explaining everything that has happened and how unhappy you are with the lack of service on your New SRT vehicle. Make sure everyone is included on those emails so they can see that you sent it to all the managers.

If you do not get a response by the next day, send another. Keep on it. Emails are powerful documents and things get done a lot quicker compared to just making phone calls.
You can usually find the email addresses on the Dealership web site under "about us" "meet our staff" or you can call the Dealership and ask for the email addresses for those individuals.

I would also call or email FCA / SRT customer service. The more people you get involved, the quicker you will get the problem fixed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I were you, I would be sending emails to the Dealership Service Manager, the Sales Manager and the Dealership General Manager explaining everything that has happened and how unhappy you are with the lack of service on your New SRT vehicle. Make sure everyone is included on those emails so they can see that you sent it to all the managers.

If you do not get a response by the next day, send another. Keep on it. Emails are powerful documents and things get done a lot quicker compared to just making phone calls.
You can usually find the email addresses on the Dealership web site under "about us" "meet our staff" or you can call the Dealership and ask for the email addresses for those individuals.

I would also call or email FCA / SRT customer service. The more people you get involved, the quicker you will get the problem fixed.

Good luck.
Done and done !

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,517 Posts
If you would not mind, please keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,876 Posts
Not sure how your cats and/or O2 sensors could be bad that fast unless there was something in your fuel or the wrong type of fuel. Very bizarre if they are just defective too. I’m really wanting to know if this remedies what’s ailing your car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure how your cats and/or O2 sensors could be bad that fast unless there was something in your fuel or the wrong type of fuel. Very bizarre if they are just defective too. I’m really wanting to know if this remedies what’s ailing your car.
Yeah I’m starting to think a buyback is a real possibility ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts