SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What did you get those made up for? Those are great.
not sure. my wife did for xmas last year. (play on last name), she has an graphic artist friend who made up the stickers. I had made a joke about needing barf bags due to launch control after leaving kids bday parties or dinners.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
568 Posts
Like my Hellcat here. It's the only one of its kind in the world with this color combo (for the inaugural 2020 model year). Every other Hellraisin/satin car made after is a clone of mine.
Let's let this marinate a bit..

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
741 Posts
A Plaid isn't about saving money. It's about moving from an 11 second vehicle to a 9 second vehicle. Getting your money back in fuel savings is just a nice bonus.
Man I will always be a V8 rumbling gas fed sorta guy. But I was 🤏 to buying a Tesla. I love the quite, super quick novelty aspect of it. After reading tons of reviews...I saw many buyers say that overall they are awesome, good build quality cars. BUT if you have a warranty issue or problem, you can’t get it taken care of easily. Or even at all several owners stated. Scares me a bit. Especially in this climate where you can’t even get common car parts due to shortages. It just gave me enough reserve to say no for now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
413 Posts
Man I will always be a V8 rumbling gas fed sorta guy. But I was 🤏 to buying a Tesla. I love the quite, super quick novelty aspect of it. After reading tons of reviews...I saw many buyers say that overall they are awesome, good build quality cars. BUT if you have a warranty issue or problem, you can’t get it taken care of easily. Or even at all several owners stated. Scares me a bit. Especially in this climate where you can’t even get common car parts due to shortages. It just gave me enough reserve to say no for now.

You really hit the nail here. I have had several customers that use Tesla vehicles as a daily or some other use outside of their hot rods. Same deal. We are between two major cities so service is a pain to begin with. We have done several Tesla jobs that should have been warranty jobs the customer was sick of dealing with. We could not have done the work without rich rebuilds videos hahaha. He has some good content for anyone considering buying a Tesla. The stuff he covers is more common than anyone is lead to believe

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dad used to be a GM of a body shop and Tesla asked them to be a repair shop for them and he declined after speaking with a lot of friends in the industry as cars would sit at the shop for months because they could not get the parts to fix the cars as Tesla was too focused on production to get parts out for repairs. 2 months for a windshield, 3-4 months for other body components. Just crazy

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
568 Posts
My brother and several close friends have owned Teslas for years and haven't had any major issues. If you need a quick reality check, spend a few hours in a Dodge service department.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
741 Posts
My brother and several close friends have owned Teslas for years and haven't had any major issues. If you need a quick reality check, spend a few hours in a Dodge service department.
Sad but true as well about Dodge service...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
413 Posts

Trust me when I tell you, even though dodge leaves a lot to be desired, they are so many light years ahead of what you get with Tesla ownership if your used to having a part the same day to fix your car.

I have had a friend lemon law two Ford’s in a row. Do I think they are all junk now? Nope. Some people will have good luck, some will have unimaginable bad luck.

One thing I do know for sure though. Most people that buy a Tesla really tow the brand for some reason. I have had the chance to buy a few used Tesla’s for what Tesla offered on trade for new model. Owners all told me the same thing. “I got a good one, never had a real issue!” But the carfax told me a different tale so I haven’t tried one out yet. I will be though I can tell you that. Just a waiting game for now.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
741 Posts
Trust me when I tell you, even though dodge leaves a lot to be desired, they are so many light years ahead of what you get with Tesla ownership if your used to having a part the same day to fix your car.

I have had a friend lemon law two Ford’s in a row. Do I think they are all junk now? Nope. Some people will have good luck, some will have unimaginable bad luck.

One thing I do know for sure though. Most people that buy a Tesla really tow the brand for some reason. I have had the chance to buy a few used Tesla’s for what Tesla offered on trade for new model. Owners all told me the same thing. “I got a good one, never had a real issue!” But the carfax told me a different tale so I haven’t tried one out yet. I will be though I can tell you that. Just a waiting game for now.
Thats the same I read about after a couple of months of serious inquiry. Most issues were minor, but buyers couldn’t get them taken care of, or it took months and months. Yeah it can happen anywhere, but seemed to be more so with Tesla’s. This was before all of the “shortages” going on too. I imagine now it would be worse., like with every dealer. I’m not knocking the brand. I think they are cool if they get the service side up a bit more, I’ll buy one. Especially a plaid!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would guess a week, but depends on if for some reason there is a delay. When did you order just out of curiosity ?

I got news today build date 9-23. Any idea how long for delivery to Kansas City anyone?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
149 Posts
Ordered mid June
Hmm.. what options did you get, I ordered July 17th and mines already being shipped to my dealership.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
92 Posts
It wasn’t heavily optioned. I’m wondering if the color made it so long. granite

·
Registered
63 Posts
It wasn’t heavily optioned. I’m wondering if the color made it so long. granite
more of supply shortages.... i ordered in first in nov and got in march and even sat in storage awaiting for stuff.

You need to mass produce those and sell them
ha, i'll avoid the copyright police but i'll gladly hand them out if i'm out at something.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
149 Posts
more of supply shortages.... i ordered in first in nov and got in march and even sat in storage awaiting for stuff.

ha, i'll avoid the copyright police but i'll gladly hand them out if i'm out at something.
Yeah but its 'different now' you guys got your orders in a LONG time ago. I am talking about people who did fresh ordered in the last 2-3 months. Some of them are moving quickly... like mine. I'm just awaiting the 'call' telling me that they have the Durango at the dealership! The Dealership and I are guessing I'll have it in my hands by months end. So just under 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
18 Posts
The plant is closed this week due to another round of parts shortages. Return to work is scheduled for September 27 at this point. Shipping of completed units will still happen this week, but if your build sheet or window sticker isn't visible there won't be any progress until next week at the earliest. Shipping has been quick from JNAP on completed units and rail travel seems to be good and on time. The only wildcard is the transport from your local railyard to the dealership. That is not controlled by your dealership and those transports are the ones that seem to be in short supply.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
92 Posts
I’m scheduled to be built on the 23rd. Are you saying that won’t happen?

61 - 80 of 130 Posts