SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,663 Posts
Last night on 896 in DE the fam and I were coming home from PA and I rolled up on a poser Durango SRT Hellcat 🙄👎

White with tinted windows and he added red Hellcat emblems under his 392 emblems. I rolled up next and shook my head and then punched it.

He later came up next to me and punched it. Funny I didn't here a supercharger. I LOLd. Poser boy forgot he has a 2018-20 front end and headlights. And he's going to feel dumb when he gets smoked by a lot of cars he wouldn't with a real Hellcat.

Loser 🤡

·
Registered
442 Posts
I get that alot from all types of young drivers...Latest was a 392 jeep SRT with the requisite loud exhaust..The amount of traffic dictates any response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Last night on 896 in DE the fam and I were coming home from PA and I rolled up on a poser Durango SRT Hellcat 🙄👎

White with tinted windows and he added red Hellcat emblems under his 392 emblems. I rolled up next and shook my head and then punched it.

He later came up next to me and punched it. Funny I didn't here a supercharger. I LOLd. Poser boy forgot he has a 2018-20 front end and headlights. And he's going to feel dumb when he gets smoked by a lot of cars he wouldn't with a real Hellcat.

Loser 🤡
That’s the area where I live

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,396 Posts
Wife decided she wanted something different....again, so we traded the Durango Hellcat yesterday for a 2020 Mercedes Benz AMG G63.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

• Wow
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,396 Posts
Nice SUV . But missing the passion of the Durango Hellcat . To each HER Own
Agreed. She wanted something with more luxury. It doesn't perform quite as well as the Durango Hellcat, it weighs 100lbs more and only make 577hp.

Reactions: Jon walton

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,396 Posts

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,396 Posts
Finally got around to riding in the AMG G63 tonight, I got to admit it FEELS quicker than the Durango Hellcat, although the official specs says it isn't and it shouldn't be. I can't explain it. From a luxury standpoint, the G63 is on another level compared to ANY car I've ever been in. It has so many bells and whistles, its unreal. The seat bolsters actually inflate on the left or right side when you take a turn in order to hold you in your seat, its nuts.

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,396 Posts
I'm feeling a stronger motor after about 2900 miles. Really nice...
Wouldn't surprise if that's the case, it was that way with the C8 Corvette we had, although I can't say that I noticed any major changes in our Durango Hellcat when we traded it at 4200 miles. I'll freely admit though, I never ran the Durango Hellcat that hard very often, not nearly as much as the Challenger and Charger Hellcats we had.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think you would have been impressed with the DHC if you did tap into the performance esp in track mode...The Merc is on a different planet as far as fit/finish and tech...

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,396 Posts
I think you would have been impressed with the DHC if you did tap into the performance esp in track mode...The Merc is on a different planet as far as fit/finish and tech...
I've run the DHC in track mode, it just always felt heavy and the trans doesn't shift as quickly as it does in the Challenger and Charger Hellcats. I know its quicker than the G63, physics say it has to be but the G63 feels quicker for some reason. Maybe the power comes on differently.

·
Registered
442 Posts
you'd have to look at the torque curves...turbo vs blower....the G is of course a military style all terrain vehicle.I'm confidant the HC would leave it easily on a road course

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
413 Posts
The new AMGs make a thunder noise from the exhaust that is quite impressive for stock. Have some good experience with the SUVs and cars both stock and with Renntech goodies. They do feel very fast. Quite hard to explain. In my experience it would be like a 600cc sport bike. When your using it you swear nothing could ever be faster, but we all know a stock Hellcat should take one in a straight line. It’s the way the power comes on as another said due to power plant design. I have had customers bring modded AMGs to the drag strip. If you don’t leave on launch control just right they produce underwhelming times for the claimed power they put out

Interior is on another level. Heck of a vehicle and should be for the entry price

101 - 120 of 131 Posts