SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,980 Posts
I personally believe the 7 car will be running E100. E85 on a top tier performance car is a dangerous, poorly regulated fuel. E100 is not.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
646 Posts
I personally believe the 7 car will be running E100. E85 on a top tier performance car is a dangerous, poorly regulated fuel. E100 is not.
So they are going to change an abundance of laws somehow and make it a e100 car? Tell us more, your posts are always awesome!

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,980 Posts
how do you get e100? is it an e85 with a blend?
just curious.
E100 is pure ethanol. E85 is 15% gasoline. The problem with a performance car with a warranty s that tuning them for E85 can be problematic, given the need to create a conservative tune that adjusts for the inconsistent mixtures E85 is found to have while still retaining desired power levels. E85 is a blend, and not all manufacturers produce the same concentrations. Colder temps and humidity affect how the E85 stores. If it sits too long in a high humidity environment, it absorbs more water, thus reducing the concentration further.

With a high performance engine, this can damage the engine if the tune isn't set up to account for this. Now, inject an engine with a warranty from the manufacturer. If it comes with E85, it will also come with some kind of sheet you'll have to sign about the need for testing your E85 prior to fill-up and how to store an E85 vehicle. I imagine Dodge won't warranty the engine if someone blows it up by putting in E85... or filling it up with E85 and letting it sit for 6 months before firing it up, only to find that their gas tank is now mostly water.

At least with E100, it's a pure ethanol. It will be more predictable. Furthermore, you'd only be able to get it via mail order more than likely. IMO, I've always thought that this 7 car will be Demon-like in that it'll have a pump gas PCM and an E85 or E100 race gas PCM. The thing that lends me to believe it'll be E100 is the XXX alcohol stamp on the Dodge garage. E100 is pure ethanol, it's more stable than E85, and it would reduce the chances of owners accidentally screwing up their motors. It will also make more power.

I don't think this 7 car, like the Demon, will be designed to run 100% of the time on its race gas PCM. Thus, the gimmicky E100 setting will be for track days, and a 91-93 PCM for street work.

In terms of legality, yes, it is technically not legal to drive on the road with higher than E85. E100 can still be purchased and used on race days... similar to how nitromethane or alcohol is used at race tracks.

Of course, I fully expect this to actually be an E85 car with a hyper conservative tune that leaves a LOT of hp on the table. It would have to in order to compensate for the warranty related predetonation issues they'd be on the hook for if/when someone pops their brand new $250,000 Hellcat/Demon Redeye/Pot 'O Gold car's engine. Whether it's E100 or E85, I still think it's going to be a 2 PCM car like the Demon was.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
646 Posts
how do you get e100? is it an e85 with a blend?
just curious.
You have consider the source of the post. It's illegal here, therefore not available, the car wouldn't start in any type of cold climate, teenagers would drink it, etc.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
646 Posts
E100 is pure ethanol. E85 is 15% gasoline. The problem with a performance car with a warranty s that tuning them for E85 can be problematic, given the need to create a conservative tune that adjusts for the inconsistent mixtures E85 is found to have while still retaining desired power levels. E85 is a blend, and not all manufacturers produce the same concentrations. Colder temps and humidity affect how the E85 stores. If it sits too long in a high humidity environment, it absorbs more water, thus reducing the concentration further.

With a high performance engine, this can damage the engine if the tune isn't set up to account for this. Now, inject an engine with a warranty from the manufacturer. If it comes with E85, it will also come with some kind of sheet you'll have to sign about the need for testing your E85 prior to fill-up and how to store an E85 vehicle. I imagine Dodge won't warranty the engine if someone blows it up by putting in E85... or filling it up with E85 and letting it sit for 6 months before firing it up, only to find that their gas tank is now mostly water.

At least with E100, it's a pure ethanol. It will be more predictable. Furthermore, you'd only be able to get it via mail order more than likely. IMO, I've always thought that this 7 car will be Demon-like in that it'll have a pump gas PCM and an E85 or E100 race gas PCM. The thing that lends me to believe it'll be E100 is the XXX alcohol stamp on the Dodge garage. E100 is pure ethanol, it's more stable than E85, and it would reduce the chances of owners accidentally screwing up their motors. It will also make more power.

I don't think this 7 car, like the Demon, will be designed to run 100% of the time on its race gas PCM. Thus, the gimmicky E100 setting will be for track days, and a 91-93 PCM for street work.

In terms of legality, yes, it is technically not legal to drive on the road with higher than E85. E100 can still be purchased and used on race days... similar to how nitromethane or alcohol is used at race tracks.
So, you think they are going to do this, and then you fuel up by ordering through the mail? Really? Wow.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,980 Posts
Technically yes but its a promise, if i get married 3 years ago the promise doesnt diminish, we will see what kind or a guy he is. I will garantee he will lose clients
He's going to lose all of his clients on 12/31 of this year anyway.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,980 Posts
So, you think they are going to do this, and then you fuel up by ordering through the mail? Really? Wow.
I already do this with VP racing fuels :)

I have a vintage dragster that runs on this stuff. It costs me over $300 per 1/4 mi trip:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts