SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 10:12 a.m. I get a message on my phone saying the window has been broken out of the trackhawk and the alarm has been triggered.
It was in a parking garage in the care of a hotel valet.
They did have some terrible security footage LOL of three individuals, 1 breaking out the rear passenger side window and then about to jump in when the alarm went off and of course they all three took off running at that point.
The alarm is the compustar t13 with a siren in the engine compartment and a Extremely Loud siren in side the vehicle as well that makes it unbearable to be in the vehicle while the alarm is going off, ask me how I know.
Since they stopped making the trackhawk November 12th of last year I guess it's safe to say you really cannot replace it. So a broken window is pretty easy to replace, the car is not.
Also pretty safe to say I'm happy I had the T13 installed on all 3 of my cars.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,698 Posts
Parking lots/garages = no bueno. Secure or not.
I may look into that alarm, what's the going rate?

· Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in what city or town did this occur?...nice to see an alarm that worked.
Dalles
Parking lots/garages = no bueno. Secure or not.
I may look into that alarm, what's the going rate?
I really don't like any sort of public parking, however the Trackhawk is the wife's daily driver. So this was the driving force behind finding the best alarm I could find while still allowing remote start.
With all the bells and whistles including Drone mobile, tracking, inside siren and so on it was $2000 per car. The Drone mobile subscription is about $300 a year.
Some will say that's to much.
Keep in mind her Trackhawk was $102,000 and she considers it to be irreplaceable. All Mopars are eazy to steal. So the alarm was installed for this very reason, so she could use her car.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
870 Posts
Glad to hear that they didn't get your TrackHawk! I'll bet that alarm was deafening in the parking garage too with how everything echoes! Probably pretty easy to find the culprit's too......Just look for the three Dudes with bleeding ears (broken eardrums)! :)

I'm especially glad that it was parked too and She or You weren't "Carjacked" because there are too many victims of carjackings that don't turn out so well for the vehicle owners. There was a TrackHawk jacking near us (nearby suburb) where the TH owner came out of a popcorn shop to find a stolen Charger parked behind his TH. He yelled at the Guy trying to break into it and then proceeded to pull out his CCL legal gun and told them to get to stepping, not knowing that they were also carrying (not legally but since they were criminals, it didn't matter).

A shootout ensued and both he and one of the criminals were shot. He later died at the hospital while the criminal had gotten fixed and put in jail. The other two fled the scene leaving their shot comrade behind (thus proving there is no Honor among thieves).

I guess My point is : I don't care if they stopped making them or not, it's not worth getting shot or killed or any other type of injury over ANY material thing! That's why I'm glad that it happened where it did and that You or your Wife weren't around or hurt!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,776 Posts
I've been looking into the same system. The subscription gets cheaper with a longer term. I'm seeing a lot of pros for this alarm system. The fact you pretty much cannot stay inside the car unless you're deaf is a huge plus too.

Sorry for the damage but at least you still have your ride.

Reactions: BHoward

· Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been looking into the same system. The subscription gets cheaper with a longer term. I'm seeing a lot of pros for this alarm system. The fact you pretty much cannot stay inside the car unless you're deaf is a huge plus too.

Sorry for the damage but at least you still have your ride.
Yep, the subscription does get cheaper the longer the term.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.