SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been hearing these noises in the front of my hellcat widebody charger. Car only has 5500 miles. I dont know how to describe the noise that it is making but I feel it in my throttle when I hit about 40mph. it kinda sounds like a clunk/creaking. it also makes the noise when im down shifting. if anyone has idea lmk thxs

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,172 Posts
It's possible that you hear the 2 pc Brembos clicking.

Linda :)

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,519 Posts
I dont think it's the Brembos. I’m thinking that at 40 theyve pretty much settled in already.

Reactions: OldMoparGuy

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,239 Posts
When you say you feel it in the throttle do you been you feel it in the gas peddle ??

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,239 Posts
Have you checked front sway bar and struts? Sounds more like a suspension issue.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,172 Posts
Do you have any modifications to your Hellcat?

Linda :)

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
857 Posts
the only mod I have is dynomax racing bullets foe the exhaust
Possible whoever welded the bullets in, has the exhaust sorta under load from not cutting it to a proper size? Under heavy load the engine will obviously move a little bit, could be your exhaust hitting your underside which would occur under high rpm (when your downshift as stated) and the feeling in your throttle is more pronounced because its a deeper exhaust note. does it replicate in all modes and shifting settings or just track or something rather violent? Tried using paddles and downshifting manually?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Maybe drive shaft center bearing? Hard to guess but may be worth it to take to the dealership as it should be under warranty assuming it's not the exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Possible whoever welded the bullets in, has the exhaust sorta under load from not cutting it to a proper size? Under heavy load the engine will obviously move a little bit, could be your exhaust hitting your underside which would occur under high rpm (when your downshift as stated) and the feeling in your throttle is more pronounced because its a deeper exhaust note. does it replicate in all modes and shifting settings or just track or something rather violent? Tried using paddles and downshifting manually?
Iv had the exhaust done at 1500 miles and never at a issue. and iv used the paddle shifters it does it as well and it happens in every mode. I thought it might be the transmission

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
857 Posts
Iv had the exhaust done at 1500 miles and never at a issue. and iv used the paddle shifters it does it as well and it happens in every mode. I thought it might be the transmission
Any play in drive shaft where the carrier bearing is?

Any odd play in the steering wheel? Turn on and turn wheels to full lock and see if you hear anything clicking could be worn end links or something stupid

1 - 18 of 18 Posts