SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my GoMango 2019 Redeye. Car has 1300 miles. Hate to sell, but might do it to free up some capital to keep my business afloat. Any idea what I can realistically get for the car if I sell? I paid around 92k for the car. It’s pretty loaded up. I can always get another one once the economy levels out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,342 Posts
Sorry to say, but It is a terrible time to sell a car.

Prices are dropping on both used and new with 0% financing available on new vehicles.

It is going to be a buyers market for some time. JMO

Here are some used Redeyes on Autotrader for reference:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know I’m gonna take a beating on this. My wife thinks I should set the car aside and not sell it. This car has always been my dream to own. She’s probably right. However, psychologically, keeping it seems wrong to me right now. I can always get another one once bus is back in check. I’d rather keep my guys as well as the business as stable as possible in these times. It’s a car, though I love her, not the most important thing right now....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,528 Posts
Can't get an SBA loan now to keep the business going? Seems like they're dying to give money away right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can definitely do a small business disaster relief loan. The loan is 100% forgivable providing 80 % of the money is used to pay employees. the reminder must be used for utilities, rent, etc. If the funds aren’t utilized properly, the business will be respon for the loan. No such thing as a free lunch! Just glad the feds are willing to provide me with the funds to keep employees paid in full

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Man that thing is right up my alley, I’d be f n heartbroken if I had to part with it. But your thinking is correct, it’s just a car, you can get another. But your wife is right as well, you love it and worked hard to get it. But skilled labor is hard to replace, I know what your thinking, my guys are scrapping and starving and here I am like a fat cat in a fat cat, guilt. That’s the good man and good boss in you that got you where you are. Tough decision no doubt. This crap will level off in 3 months and then things will boom again. Definitely nows not the time to be trying to sell a 90,000$ car, banks are going to be getting tighter with lending etc, taking a beating would suck. If you can get a fair price sell, but don’t give your baby away

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,827 Posts
Just for a quick comparison - I’m waiting to seal the deal on a ‘20 WB RE ordered to be built the way I want it. Loaded up with every option other than satin painted hood for $76,400 after all the discounts. $94,400 msrp.
Selling a used one after paying 90 is going to be painful.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
109 Posts
I feel ya with the small business staying afloat.... We have applied for the government assistance and it would kill me to get rid of my redeye. Get the federal assistance, ride this wave and be one of the small businesses that made it through the 2020 pandemic. There are also small business loans available at no more than 4% to all of the small business force. Good luck to you and when you survive this hell you'll be happy you still have your redeye.

Digitally market the crap out of your company right now! Build your future business, get people to spend their "stimulus check" the way it is supposed to be used, to help revive the economy when this hell ends. I believe there will be a huge industrial/manufacturing push in America when this ends and help bring back the "American Made" Pride.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I posted in the other thread. Dealers will only pay wholesale prices, and that's almost always lower than what KBB reports.

Right now you're looking at low $60k tops from a dealer, and high $60k tops private.

·
BMF
4,291 Posts
OP
Unfortunately with this Chinese Virus era your timing is bad.
I was offered from multiple dealers 2020 Redeye’s loaded in the 90k MSRP range at 19k to 22k off MSRP in the last week. With 0% financing available it’s still not a good deal so I walked.
The bottom has yet to hit bottom.
My suggestion is to hold out 6 months let this Chinese Virus do its thing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,827 Posts
0% financing is not applied to Hellcats.

Yet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I should hold off for a while. I think I still owe around 55k for the car. I agree, realistically, I’d be lucky to see $65k for the car. Once I pay it off, that leaves me with 10 grand. Ten grand isn’t gonna do anything for the business. The only thing selling will do is make me feel lousy for the incredible financial loss in 1 year of ownership. Thanks everyone for helping me dissect different optIons as well as ways of looking at this. Stay safe and stay healthy everyone!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
632 Posts
Not a problem, might even go to 55k and pay off your loan. Seriously I am looking for a Redeye and prices are coming down daily. Unfortunate for sellers however. I do wish you well in your sale and would discuss per PM when you want to sell.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not a problem, might even go to 55k and pay off your loan. Seriously I am looking for a Redeye and prices are coming down daily. Unfortunate for sellers however. I do wish you well in your sale and would discuss per PM when you want to sell.
Seriously dude, if by back we’re against the wall to the point where there was no way out, I would sell it for that price. In all honesty, your offer is completely offensive and it tells worlds about your character as a human being in times like these. I, as a person, would never take advantage of another person’s misfortune the way you are trying to do. To think, you feel your offer is even reasonable for a Redeye with 1200 miles, tells me you can‘t afford the car. To think I was considering selling the car to have that money to pay my guys to stay home tells you what kind of person I am. You however, looking to swoop in and steal the car for pennies tells what kind of person you are. I’ll take out a loan if need be for my people. Ass.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
632 Posts
Thanks for your response. Obviously it is a buyers market and whether you like it or not, money talks and bullshit walks. As for my character, your opinion means little to me. So as I said again, good luck with your sale and life in general. I am done with this.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts