SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Thinking of Getting my hood wrap I have a white Hellcat , did anybody have their hood rap and decided to take it off after and have any problems doing so, just in case I want to remove it.
It really depends on the quality of the wrap. Some work better than others as far as removal. I haven't heard of any removing yet. I need to have my stripe removed the new one applied. Anxious to see how well that works.:) Welcome to the site BTW...Don't think I welcomed you yet!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
It really depends on the quality of the wrap. Some work better than others as far as removal. I haven't heard of any removing yet. I need to have my stripe removed the new one applied. Anxious to see how well that works.:) Welcome to the site BTW...Don't think I welcomed you yet!
Ditto what she said

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
I love mine. :)

Reactions: LForst

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
503 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
Thinking of Getting my hood wrap I have a white Hellcat , did anybody have their hood rap and decided to take it off after and have any problems doing so, just in case I want to remove it.
No issues with mine. Avery Satin Black. Perfect match to the spoiler. The place I got it done at (who does pretty much all of the full vehicle wraps around here) said they use Avery more than 3M. I had went in wanting Avery anyway. I posted pics in my own thread if you want to check it out, since I also have white.

Work getting done today SRT Hellcat Forum

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,280 Posts

I had the the roof and hood done I did not like the roof and remove it. It came right off easy. 3M 1080 satin wrap on mine.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,280 Posts
What is the difference between Avery & 3M? Film thickness, cost, UV resistance, ease of application, stability i.e., shrinkage & peeling?
The place that did mine said they are both top knotch he had matte in Avery and 3M in satin. Satin matched the spoiler the best so I went with it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Yep, satin on mine too. Perfect match to the spoilers. A hair dryer and it'll come right off. Talk to your wrapper and make sure they trim the vinyl properly. Some cut too deep and leave lines in the paint when the vinyl is removed. My guy did a great job.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just went to one place and they grouted me 600.00 for the 3m matt finish when I said I would like satin finish they did not stock it I would have to buy a roll my self because they don't stock it is your matt or satin and can I ask what did you pay

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.