SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by the dealer today and looked at a 2020 RedEye identical to my Hellcat but with RedEye power. It’s a new vehicle. BUT....it has 2000 miles on it. The story behind it and the balls that some people have still has me just shaking my head.

So a guy took a BUS from Maryland to central NC to get the car. Did all his paperwork, did the financing, and drove his shiny new RedEye back to Maryland. The problems started when the bank called him just to do a post approval interview. Seems when ur talking about a near $80k car loan, the bank wants to cross their T’s and dot the I’s. They called him and it turns out...it wasn’t him. Some scum bag piece of shit just took his identity and good credit and went and bough themselves a brand new RedEye and had a field day with it. Unfortunately for him he didn’t realize the car could be tracked with UConnect. They located the car with his basketball, sneakers, and real ID still in the car. He was nowhere to be found though. The dealer said they still don’t know what happened with this moron. They brought it back to NC and I feel bad for the car! Front splitter beat to hell, plenty of flaws now in the body panels where they showed no love whatsoever. Dings, scratches etc. looked like a typical used car that was not well cared for. I can only hope the cops caught up with him and he’s in jail headed for prison. This car can be yours for $15k under sticker never titled sold as new!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
I went by the dealer today and looked at a 2020 RedEye identical to my Hellcat but with RedEye power. It’s a new vehicle. BUT....it has 2000 miles on it. The story behind it and the balls that some people have still has me just shaking my head.

So a guy took a BUS from Maryland to central NC to get the car. Did all his paperwork, did the financing, and drove his shiny new RedEye back to Maryland. The problems started when the bank called him just to do a post approval interview. Seems when ur talking about a near $80k car loan, the bank wants to cross their T’s and dot the I’s. They called him and it turns out...it wasn’t him. Some scum bag piece of shit just took his identity and good credit and went and bough themselves a brand new RedEye and had a field day with it. Unfortunately for him he didn’t realize the car could be tracked with UConnect. They located the car with his basketball, sneakers, and real ID still in the car. He was nowhere to be found though. The dealer said they still don’t know what happened with this moron. They brought it back to NC and I feel bad for the car! Front splitter beat to hell, plenty of flaws now in the body panels where they showed no love whatsoever. Dings, scratches etc. looked like a typical used car that was not well cared for. I can only hope the cops caught up with him and he’s in jail headed for prison. This car can be yours for $15k under sticker never titled sold as new!
I'd hate to see how you respond when something personally affects you ha.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,298 Posts
Reactions: CatDaddyB5
1 - 4 of 4 Posts