SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I’ve seen the videos of top speed runs at this place in YouTube but had no idea it was in FL! Was it difficult/expensive to set this up? I would love to attempt a top speed run in the Cat.
It wasn’t difficult but it was expensive as hell lol about 3.2k ish but it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. I might actually do it again now that I know what I need to break 200

·
Registered
31 Posts
It wasn’t difficult but it was expensive as hell lol about 3.2k ish but it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. I might actually do it again now that I know what I need to break 200
Thanks for the info! Pricey for sure but I think I would do it at least once! Breaking that 200 mph mythical barrier in a car you own would be awesome. Good luck!

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Maybe 195? It’s not going to be the best weather and Challengers are less aerodynamic than the Chargers. Hope you do well...good luck!
LOL! This was a post that I made with a guess as to top speed without reading the rest of the posts...didn’t realize it was old news! I wonder which direction the wind was blowing?(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alright everyone, Im heading out to Johnny Bohmer Proving grounds this Saturday to do some 2.3 mile top speed runs in the redeye on the space shuttle runway at the Kennedy Space center. Wish me luck! any guesses on top speed for me?!
I live in Cape Canaveral,,,lpease provide some info as to how one is able to use this facility and would love to come watch if that's possible...I wanna play too!!!! thanks...Larry

·
Registered
271 Posts
I live in Cape Canaveral,,,lpease provide some info as to how one is able to use this facility and would love to come watch if that's possible...I wanna play too!!!! thanks...Larry
Earlier in the thread is the contact info and there are no spectators allowed only driver and crew (crew is limited and you pay for each person)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Look up Johnny Bohmer proving grounds! He will give you all of the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like I'm not too far off the pace. I ran up to 187mph a while back in my bone stock 2019 Widebody Redeye with summer P Zeros with Swaim rock guards, no prep, and was still accelerating at a respectable pace. Although those rock guards look like they might catch some wind, guess they don't hurt anything much aerodynamically. The nose did seem to be lifting a bit, and I have noticed the hood fit is about the thickness of the hood too high, but my hood scoop pieces remained in place. Thanks for posting up!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Sounds like I'm not too far off the pace. I ran up to 187mph a while back in my bone stock 2019 Widebody Redeye with summer P Zeros with Swaim rock guards, no prep, and was still accelerating at a respectable pace. Although those rock guards look like they might catch some wind, guess they don't hurt anything much aerodynamically. The nose did seem to be lifting a bit, and I have noticed the hood fit is about the thickness of the hood too high, but my hood scoop pieces remained in place. Thanks for posting up!
Yeah I had the zl1 Rock guards on and thought maybe that could’ve caused some drag too but I think my biggest mistake was the tires, too much friction at that speed!

·
Premium Member
6,524 Posts
Awesome Looking Photos

Does everyone have a JBR License plate on for the day?

Linda :)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts