SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
Is the ease of duplicating the key fob how so many thieves are easily stealing hellcats? Ive seen posts about it, and articles online, but haven't read much into it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is the ease of duplicating the key fob how so many thieves are easily stealing hellcats? Ive seen posts about it, and articles online, but haven't read much into it.
yes or making a copy

Also down here, folks have had their cars broken into during a dinner where someone is catching the signal as they eat.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
Now Im wondering if its happening to hellcats more, or Dodge's in general. Obviously anyone whos going to steal a car would prefer to steal the most expensive one they can so a hellcat is a more valuable target then say a Dodge minivan. I assume Dodge uses the same key fob tech as other manufacturers. I wonder if the other companies are having their key fobs ripped off as easily.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat on order, Upgrading from Challenger R/T
33 Posts
Now Im wondering if its happening to hellcats more, or Dodge's in general. Obviously anyone whos going to steal a car would prefer to steal the most expensive one they can so a hellcat is a more valuable target then say a Dodge minivan. I assume Dodge uses the same key fob tech as other manufacturers. I wonder if the other companies are having their key fobs ripped off as easily.
VW and Mercedes also have had notable thefts via fob relay attacks. At least you can get a cheap faraday bag to put your keys in at home or after parking. Doesn't prevent someone breaking your window and forcing the car into neutral, but at least adds some protection for < $20. Seems a lot of them on amazon are targeted toward key fobs as well :p.

This also doesn't help if someone is jamming the frequency to prevent the car from being locked, which is super easy. Always make sure your car is locked. In my area, we also get crimes of opportunity where they don't want to break glass but just walk down the street pulling handles to see if you've actually locked your car.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
311 Posts
One of my friends had his Hellcat Stolen from his driveway last week. They literally walked up to his car opened the door and drove off😤they were able to duplicate his key fob signal with a device. This Video explains what you can do to prevent this.

Yep, I have Faraday bags (pouches) for all of my FOB's

Just keep in mind that once you slip your FOB into the gold sleeve, you're no longer protected from locking your FOB in the car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
I'll stick with The Club, until the update comes out. PLUS, I don't go out to dinner much either!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,069 Posts
Can also just pull the batteries out of your fobs and use the emerg hard key to get in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
265 Posts
I keep one of these hanging at my desk at work and I keep my spare at home in one too. You need to make sure you use the proper inner pocket or it doesn't work. I need to get one for when I'm out and about that's a little slimmer for my pocket.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
Yep, I have Faraday bags (pouches) for all of my FOB's
You also have unnecessary apostrophes for pluralizing your unnecessarily capitalized words. <Grin>

Go ahead, make fun of me. That doesn't bother me.

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
311 Posts
You also have unnecessary apostrophes for pluralizing your unnecessarily capitalized words. <Grin>

Go ahead, make fun of me. That doesn't bother me.
I'm paid royalties every time I use unnecessary capitalizations and APOSTROPHE'S.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Can a repeater keep and store your code. What happened to me at the park last weekend was there was one car on each side of me with people in it. So I have to get my remote out to leave so could they use the repeater then and store my code only to use it at a later date.

If that is possible then someone can do it in traffic at any time and follow you home. Thankfully mine is always tucked in the garage but in my scenario above they could take my care the next time I am at that park and away from my car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How can it read and duplicate your frequency when the buttons on the fob are NOT being pushed and the fob is not transmitting? Otherwise the fob would be locking/unlocking and starting the car? I could understand if they are stealing the frequency when you push the button and they are within range.

·
Registered
2020 Super Stock - Sinamon Stick, 2021 Durango SRT - Octane Red, 2018 Jeep JKU - Black
8 Posts
I use a product called Vonetti I got off of Amazon. I have a few for our cars. You can find videos on you tube now on how to remove a set of plugs from behind your glove box and actually create new fobs...then there are the rarer cases where the car gets popped into neutral and towed (much harder and car is usually left out for this to happen). The box below is about 45$. But prefer it to the bags above - both help with the repeater situation. I am going to upgrade to a revelco in the next two weeks to prevent the first two situations above.

C3F0BDDB-C98E-4712-8BBD-AFA4593573EC.jpeg

Otherwise we need to consider one of these.

D79A9FCF-E91D-4B1B-93EF-753E6D7E1207.jpeg

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'm paid royalties every time I use unnecessary capitalizations and APOSTROPHE'S.
I feel the same about grammar and spelling corrections. APOSTROPHES is not written with an apostrophe.
Technically, in this particular example, APOSTROPHES is written with an APOSTROPHE plus an S.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts