SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye on order as of 2020.12.11
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the two, im not super knowledgeable on heads so wondering your opinions. Thitek are quite a bit more money but are they worth it? Lets hear it :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
854 Posts
Trying to decide between the two, im not super knowledgeable on heads so wondering your opinions. Thitek are quite a bit more money but are they worth it? Lets hear it :)
Didn’t think Thitek had heads for the hellcat. I know they have porting service for them.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
540 Posts
You have to give them your old heads . Just ordered mine yesterday

·
HOTM Winner
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But the Thitek will work on the hellcat. Linda posted someone she knew had them if I remember correctly?

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,311 Posts
HHP sells Thiteks
And also the ones on Top Cat by BES

Are you asking if there is Stock?

Linda :)

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,311 Posts
But the Thitek will work on the hellcat. Linda posted someone she knew had them if I remember correctly?
I posted direct info from Craig who owns and mfgs the Thitek heads. My husband was part of the first sets of craigs R&D in the prior platform.I know Craig very well just had a nice dinner with him this past weekend.

Also I Know Tony's expertise as owner of BES and can say his Heads for the Hemis are Top of the line and again are what my husband's Hellcat "Top Cat" has installed and also a BES Cam.
Preparations are always about going forward to handle the extra RWHP that is needed for the goal.
Some want to post "I only have bolt ons " hmmmmm. Don't think that is totally true, but at the end of the day how many runs are made without breakage going down the 1/4 mile being cheap ?
The truth is told at the track and I see breakage. ;)

·
HOTM Winner
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I posted direct info from Craig who owns and mfgs the Thitek heads. My husband was part of the first sets of craigs R&D in the prior platform.I know Craig very well just had a nice dinner with him this past weekend.

Also I Know Tony's expertise as owner of BES and can say his Heads for the Hemis are Top of the line and again are what my husband's Hellcat "Top Cat" has installed and also a BES Cam.
Preparations are always about going forward to handle the extra RWHP that is needed for the goal.
Some want to post "I only have bolt ons " hmmmmm. Don't think that is totally true, but at the end of the day how many runs are made without breakage going down the 1/4 mile being cheap ?
The truth is told at the track and I see breakage. ;)

So lemme ask you, opinion of course...are the Thiteks worth the extra cash over ported ones?

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,311 Posts
My husband Top Cat really enjoyed R&D and to be involved with with the test and tuning of parts on his Hellcat and then posting the track proven info here for everyone' knowledge. John would be looking for Horse Power gains to help push for his goal.
He ordered the 1st set heads from Josh to test on his Mighty Challenger.
The HHP/BES heads are track proved out to pick up a 25 to 30 HP gain. :cool:
This is the info from HHPs website.

Working with noted Engine Builder Tony Bischoff of BES Racing Engines (Winner of countless Engine Masters Challenges, and famed builder of the fastest Gen3 HEMI engines in the world) we give you the best 6.2L Ported Heads on the market.

Our HHP/BES Heads will beat the competition. All of our records in the HEMI world are proof of this.

Research: Compare our ported cylinder heads to that offered by our competitors. Not all heads are ported the same and when it comes down to it, the true value behind our record holding cylinder heads lies in the high levels of experience that BES used to design their killer port and valve job designs.

Additional Parts Required:
  • MOPAR Head Gasket Kit
  • MOPAR Head Bolts (unless using studs)
  • Oil Change & Coolant Flush
Difficulty: This modification should only be done by trained professionals. Installation time is on average 12 hours and requires trained expertise.

Installation at HHP (DE): We can also install your heads for you at an awesome price, too, and from the outside you can't tell that any work has been done to your vehicle. Dealerships cannot tell unless they break into the engine. If you are unable to get your SRT-8 to us we can ship our heads to you. Installation requires oil change( Royal Purple & K&N Filter usually), coolant change and all new head bolts and gaskets. If you need to purchase new head bolts and gaskets just let us know at the time of purchase.

For More Information: Please call us at 888-894-1115 for more info regarding this package and what you will need to successfully complete the transformation of your vehicle into one of the baddest vehicles the HEMI world has ever seen. Let our experts help you plan out your build. At HHP, we carry EVERY part you will need to complete your entire build, and since we are a chain of installation shops as well, we can provide everything from inhouse installation and tuning to tech support and email tuning for the do-it-yourself mechanics.

CALL US TODAY AT 888-894-1115 FOR MORE INFO ON THIS PACKAGE AND ALL OF OUR HHP HEADS AND CAM PACKAGES!

·
HOTM Winner
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My husband Top Cat really enjoyed R&D and to be involved with with the test and tuning of parts on his Hellcat and then posting the track proven info here for everyone' knowledge. John would be looking for Horse Power gains to help push for his goal.
He ordered the 1st set heads from Josh to test on his Mighty Challenger.
The HHP/BES heads are track proved out to pick up a 25 to 30 HP gain. :cool:
This is the info from HHPs website.

Working with noted Engine Builder Tony Bischoff of BES Racing Engines (Winner of countless Engine Masters Challenges, and famed builder of the fastest Gen3 HEMI engines in the world) we give you the best 6.2L Ported Heads on the market.

Our HHP/BES Heads will beat the competition. All of our records in the HEMI world are proof of this.

Research: Compare our ported cylinder heads to that offered by our competitors. Not all heads are ported the same and when it comes down to it, the true value behind our record holding cylinder heads lies in the high levels of experience that BES used to design their killer port and valve job designs.

Additional Parts Required:
  • MOPAR Head Gasket Kit
  • MOPAR Head Bolts (unless using studs)
  • Oil Change & Coolant Flush
Difficulty: This modification should only be done by trained professionals. Installation time is on average 12 hours and requires trained expertise.

Installation at HHP (DE): We can also install your heads for you at an awesome price, too, and from the outside you can't tell that any work has been done to your vehicle. Dealerships cannot tell unless they break into the engine. If you are unable to get your SRT-8 to us we can ship our heads to you. Installation requires oil change( Royal Purple & K&N Filter usually), coolant change and all new head bolts and gaskets. If you need to purchase new head bolts and gaskets just let us know at the time of purchase.

For More Information: Please call us at 888-894-1115 for more info regarding this package and what you will need to successfully complete the transformation of your vehicle into one of the baddest vehicles the HEMI world has ever seen. Let our experts help you plan out your build. At HHP, we carry EVERY part you will need to complete your entire build, and since we are a chain of installation shops as well, we can provide everything from inhouse installation and tuning to tech support and email tuning for the do-it-yourself mechanics.

CALL US TODAY AT 888-894-1115 FOR MORE INFO ON THIS PACKAGE AND ALL OF OUR HHP HEADS AND CAM PACKAGES!

Some decent gains...is that RWHP i assume?

Thats what im trying to figure out, if ported ones gain you 25-30, how much will the Thiteks put out, maybe 35-40? Cost to power ratio im trying to see if its worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm just doing this for anyone that finds posts missing info.
Thitek G3H "Bear" heads new casting 205cc with 2.165 intake valve. $3,500
Thitek full porting stock 2.14 intake $1600-$1995 probably the best CNC porting. CNC porting is not the best, every head is slightly different from core shift. As it's all the same, CNC porting cuts conservatively to avoid the smallest dimensions identified on different heads during port development. Development is done all by hand. CNC porting is a copy of the best porting within the casting minimized dimensions that the shop developed or often times, paid a professional to do it. (It's a lot cheaper to use a 5 axis and blow out copies all day)
Edelbrock makes a set of heads as well in 3 different chamber sizes. $2,650 set 202cc w 2.165 intake valve over 2.14 stock.
The OEM heads are spectacular. There are a LOT of places porting hemi heads now. Katech is probably the cheapest. They fully CNC port LS heads for $850 when they run specials. Very reasonable considering 5 axis porting is 2.5 hours at the absolute most.
The Thitek and the Edelbrock both have much thicker port walls so serious head porters can and do create a masterpiece using one of those as a starting point. 400cfm should be cake with the design and an aftermarket core.
2009 and up are technically Gen 4 and any head will bolt on any block. Apaches for the 392 flow the best, Hellcat heads are heavy duty for boost. Either is good. It's crazy that even now people think the Hellcat is a different motor than all the other gen 3-4 Hemis. It is identical, now in every way since 2017. The 6.4 BGE block is used in the Hellcats, all versions, with a shorter stroke crank.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Some decent gains...is that RWHP i assume?

Thats what im trying to figure out, if ported ones gain you 25-30, how much will the Thiteks put out, maybe 35-40? Cost to power ratio im trying to see if its worth the extra cash.
Keep in mind, that is the heads themselves, not the host of additional mods that can fully take advantage of those better heads, such as long-tube headers, high-flow cats, cam, valvetrain, blower mods, pulleys, etc, which all dogpile even more on that well-designed head.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts