SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone went from the original 555r to the new Nitto 555rII and preferred it better? Is the traction much better on the 555rII? How well do they hold up from a dig and 20-40 mph rolls? I’d like to get them in a 305 size do you have to get bigger size replica wheels to fit them or do they fit fine on the stock wheels with no issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing. Some run the 305's on stock wheels others say you shouldn't do it. I thing the r is a little smaller than the rII so for that reason I was considering the 555r on my car in the 305. If I go 555rII's I will stick with the factory size.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
I went from 555r 305's to 555r2 315's and I think there is a decent bit of difference (not a direct comparison I know). I actually went to the track for the first time ever and the 555r2's did pretty well. As far as dig & rolls on the street, they may barely break loose around 30mph but hold pretty dang good on my stock hellcat. I did 5 runs with short burnouts each time and you can't even see any treadwear so hopefully the R2's will hold up longer as advertised

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went from 555r 305's to 555r2 315's and I think there is a decent bit of difference (not a direct comparison I know). I actually went to the track for the first time ever and the 555r2's did pretty well. As far as dig & rolls on the street, they may barely break loose around 30mph but hold pretty dang good on my stock hellcat. I did 5 runs with short burnouts each time and you can't even see any treadwear so hopefully the R2's will hold up longer as advertised

Good to hear thank you for the response!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts