SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Power Dollars still in effect and many dealers clamoring for sales in the middle of this virus crap, I decided now might be the best time to buy the Hellcat i've been thinking about for years. I set out to find a new 19/20 automatic widebody, black with laguna, tech, plus, harmon karden, and convienence packages. In short, pretty well loaded up minus a sunroof and of course, red was my preferred interior color.

Turned out that although there were a lot of 19s leftover, I couldn't find a single 19 or 20 with exactly what I wanted. I did however happen across a used 2019 with everything I wanted and a bit more. Almost fully loaded. its MSRP was $82,890 and 2800 miles. The dealer advises that they sold the car new 7 months ago, took it back on trade and sold the man a Redeye to replace it. It appears untouched and unmodified. They have been sitting on it for a month priced at $67k which doesnt surprise me with new ones pricing for not much more than that. They dropped it to $64,500 a few days ago and with their showroom being dead from all this Corona crap going on, I made them an offer of $61k and they accepted it on the spot.

Thats over 22k under its MSRP and even under nada trade value which stuck me as a pretty damn good deal, especially considering how loaded it was. Pretty confident i'm pulling the trigger tomorrow.

Anyone think of a reason I shouldn't move on this?

window sticker.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,517 Posts
Thats def a deal. I’m about to do the same thing. Here’s my deal. 2020 order, RedEye, wide body, sunroof, HK, convenience package, full leather, nav, carbon fiber package, perf spoiler, 3.09’s, -very loaded up.
$93,735 msrp. My deal - $76,538 after Power Bucks and dealer discount.
Hell that’s only $6k more than I paid for my 2016 back then.

·
Registered
In The Market
223 Posts
Thats def a deal. I’m about to do the same thing. Here’s my deal. 2020 order, RedEye, wide body, sunroof, HK, convenience package, full leather, nav, carbon fiber package, perf spoiler, 3.09’s, -very loaded up.
$93,735 msrp. My deal - $76,538 after Power Bucks and dealer discount.
Hell that’s only $6k more than I paid for my 2016 back then.
I agree with Dennis on used- especially on a supercharged car. I could only pull the trigger if I talked to the prior owner.

I would pull the trigger all day on Poke’s deal. 18% is smoking! Best I can do is supplier with the rebate. Not sure that’s good enough given my prior nightmare experience with a trrrible dealer and dodge ‘customer care’ I received as a result.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
772 Posts
I would do it! That’s a helluva deal. Any service history in 7 months? Probably just an oil change. Drive it and if you like it, I can’t see why it would be a bad buy? Plenty of warranty left too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought mine used! 6700 miles still had stock tires. Ran vin thru dodge on Warranty claims, came back with 1 recall... all good saved thousand from new.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,909 Posts
I believe the auto market is getting ready to really take a beating. Think of all the people who work for a company that makes a product that no one is buying. They can’t afford to keep their people on, so those people aren’t going to have any income, and they won’t be buying anything for a while. Now multiply that by the number of times this will happen over the next several weeks or months. This all equates to low demand. The value of a car now tanks, both new and used. The ripple effect will be very wide spread. your $61k car now isn’t worth squat because no one is buying. Could be wrong but I can definitely see this happening.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
571 Posts
I’m pretty secure economically but am going to hold off on buying another Hellcat for right now. I agree they are going to take another plunge in value. Will wait and see how all of this plays out.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
With Power Dollars still in effect and many dealers clamoring for sales in the middle of this virus crap, I decided now might be the best time to buy the Hellcat i've been thinking about for years. I set out to find a new 19/20 automatic widebody, black with laguna, tech, plus, harmon karden, and convienence packages. In short, pretty well loaded up minus a sunroof and of course, red was my preferred interior color.

Turned out that although there were a lot of 19s leftover, I couldn't find a single 19 or 20 with exactly what I wanted. I did however happen across a used 2019 with everything I wanted and a bit more. Almost fully loaded. its MSRP was $82,890 and 2800 miles. The dealer advises that they sold the car new 7 months ago, took it back on trade and sold the man a Redeye to replace it. It appears untouched and unmodified. They have been sitting on it for a month priced at $67k which doesnt surprise me with new ones pricing for not much more than that. They dropped it to $64,500 a few days ago and with their showroom being dead from all this Corona crap going on, I made them an offer of $61k and they accepted it on the spot.

Thats over 22k under its MSRP and even under nada trade value which stuck me as a pretty damn good deal, especially considering how loaded it was. Pretty confident i'm pulling the trigger tomorrow.

Anyone think of a reason I shouldn't move on this?

View attachment 551519

61k is a very solid deal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,349 Posts
Tough one. I gotta have new. Break in too critical.
Not really, it's 2020, not 1960. And if the engine hasn't exploded by 36,000 miles (end of warranty) there's no way you can realistically point back to the first 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,349 Posts
I believe the auto market is getting ready to really take a beating. Think of all the people who work for a company that makes a product that no one is buying. They can’t afford to keep their people on, so those people aren’t going to have any income, and they won’t be buying anything for a while. Now multiply that by the number of times this will happen over the next several weeks or months. This all equates to low demand. The value of a car now tanks, both new and used. The ripple effect will be very wide spread. your $61k car now isn’t worth squat because no one is buying. Could be wrong but I can definitely see this happening.
While I totally agree, I do not see dealers caving on cars like Hellcats. Knowing how they think and work, they'll be content sitting on these cars and riding out the times because they aren't their bread & butter. I don't think you'll see new or used Hellcat pricing drop much lower than it is now.

·
Premium Member
In The Market
36 Posts
While I totally agree, I do not see dealers caving on cars like Hellcats. Knowing how they think and work, they'll be content sitting on these cars and riding out the times because they aren't their bread & butter. I don't think you'll see new or used Hellcat pricing drop much lower than it is now.
I agree on that.

·
BMF
4,221 Posts
The Auto Industry is about the CRASH !!!!
I would not ORDER at this time.
Once the Dealers are forced to close in the coming days and weeks ahead things will really get interesting.
I would sit back and wait for the bottom to fall out which is IF not WHEN !!!!!!

·
Registered
In The Market
223 Posts
It’s easier to sit on a $65k car in good times than in bad. While I don’t think the bottom will fall out, it might be prudent to ‘wait it out’ a while...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,349 Posts
It’s easier to sit on a $65k car in good times than in bad. While I don’t think the bottom will fall out, it might be prudent to ‘wait it out’ a while...
They're all on the same floorplan.

You focus on moving the 10 Grand Cherokees, 20 Rams, and 20 Wranglers a month because you have a bunch of them sucking a lot more interest out of you if they sit, before losing your balls right away on one or two Hellcats.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts