SRT Hellcat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
Because of CA strict emission laws.
Emissions aren’t an issue as these cars are 50 state legal, Koon’s just doesn’t want the hassle of CA but I don’t remember why.

I shipped my HC from Indiana to CA for $1500 enclosed transport and the dealer sent it with the certificate of origin. Had it smogged when it arrived then inspected by DMV, and registration was no problem. I had never bought out of state or shipped a car so was a little unsure, but it was easy and small town dealers are much nicer to work with.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,331 Posts
Exactly, there is no more California Emissions like in years past, all cars today have exactly the same emissions and are legal in all 50 states so has to be another reason.

Isn't there some extra tax penalty in California? Thought I remember if you buy the car out of state and then try to register it within 12 months, you get hit with some BS.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
how is insurance on this?
I pay $757 per year for full coverage. I think insurance is pretty reasonable for a car of this caliber.

I'm a 54 year old male with Erie Insurance and live in the Richmond VA area. Good or bad, my rates are below:

Vehicle 1 = 2003 Ford F250 (108k miles)
Vehicle 3 = 2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4wd (78k miles)
Vehicle 4 = 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (11k miles)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I pay $757 per year for full coverage. I think insurance is pretty reasonable for a car of this caliber.

I'm a 54 year old male with Erie Insurance and live in the Richmond VA area. Good or bad, my rates are below:

View attachment 551880
That is awesome... very reasonable.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,331 Posts
Do you have Craigs info?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,517 Posts

View attachment 551880
That's because it's added on with other cars. If it were your only vehicle your premium would be much higher for the Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,517 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
That's because it's added on with other cars. If it were your only vehicle your premium would be much higher for the Hellcat.
Absolutely correct. It's insured as a "pleasure" vehicle driven less 7,500 miles per year. I also have my homeowner's insurance with Erie so that provides further discount.

Is it a bad assumption that most people with a Challenger Hellcat do not use it as a daily driver? Insuring as a "pleasure" vehicle definitely cuts the insurance cost.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
8 Posts
Thats def a deal. I’m about to do the same thing. Here’s my deal. 2020 order, RedEye, wide body, sunroof, HK, convenience package, full leather, nav, carbon fiber package, perf spoiler, 3.09’s, -very loaded up.
$93,735 msrp. My deal - $76,538 after Power Bucks and dealer discount.
Hell that’s only $6k more than I paid for my 2016 back then.
thats awsome good for you

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1 Posts
Everybody has an opinion, and this is a message board....

I’m not as skeptical as WT, but we are in unchartered territory here. The global economy is so interconnected. There’s so much debt- corporate, government, and private. So many corrupt and/ or just plain arrogant central planners deeply embedded in bureaucracy that think they have it figured out. Unfortunately, the planners have the power and plenty of followers/ supporters because it’s all about their FEELZ in any given moment.

The virus isn’t THE problem. It’s a catalyst. It’s just the first domino that ends up exposing the underlying dysfunction. There should’ve been a recession way back in O’s term when GDP was running around +.1 percent and still requiring stimulus in the form artificially low rates. That recession didn’t happen, so the next cycle was baked in as a depression absent all this craziness.

Just my two Hoosier hillbilly cents... back to the subject at hand. Hellcat sales won’t be incentivized significantly more absent an increase in production- let alone a stoppage. Here is what I fear specific to cars like the hellcat; this golden age of mass produced supercharged V8’s might come to a close even earlier than we thought- and it’s not likely to come back. The Executives running these multinational corporations and their political elite friends don’t like us- our hobbies or our values. It’s called the gas guzzler tax. We have to pay an extra tax to get them to build the products we want. You get a subsidy for the Feelzy Prius. Their business models do not incorporate recruitment and maintenance of life-long customers. What will you do for me today? I don’t care about yesterday or tomorrow. This goes for many dealerships as well. It’s a shame, really. It wasn’t always this way. At least it didn’t seem so.
You guys are incredible. Take some blame now and then.. or at least once.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
My Hellcat is a lease 2017 fully loaded SRT Challenger. Payment: $547 a month. The car is in showroom condition with 20,483 miles, lease is up in six months. At which time I can trade up to a redeye (do I really need the extra 100hp?) or buy my hellcat out right @ 32k. Nothing wrong with leases, just not for everybody.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With all of the uncertainty that is going on at this time I would definitely not give up on my dream but instead, I would save my money and look at all the modifications that you would want to be done to your car and keep saving money for the cause. When/IF the economy/world gets back steady I would then make the purchase, I am sure that the prices of vehicles (Especially vehicles that are not absolutely necessary for work) will go down in price. So my personal advice is to wait and see what will happen in a month's time at least. Just my 2 cents, I bought my car 6 weeks ago and wish I wouldn't have, Now I am worried that my dream car will have to go back. Now all those mods that I want look like they are just dreams. Save your money, and wait it out.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
256 Posts
With all of the uncertainty that is going on at this time I would definitely not give up on my dream but instead, I would save my money and look at all the modifications that you would want to be done to your car and keep saving money for the cause. When/IF the economy/world gets back steady I would then make the purchase, I am sure that the prices of vehicles (Especially vehicles that are not absolutely necessary for work) will go down in price. So my personal advice is to wait and see what will happen in a month's time at least. Just my 2 cents, I bought my car 6 weeks ago and wish I wouldn't have, Now I am worried that my dream car will have to go back. Now all those mods that I want look like they are just dreams. Save your money, and wait it out.
I would say it depends on the availability of the car in question. If it can be ordered later, then maybe wait and see.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
The Chinese Virus is here..
If anyone wants to believe it will pass and everything is back to normal then your a FOOL
This is here to stay
Life will be different
Most businesses models will not sustain
But only Fools stand and watch a Tidal Wave
Paranoid Snowflake

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts
Koons won’t sell to CA residents for some reason. Isn’t there some big dodge dealer in San Jose or Gilroy that cuts deals?
It's not close to San Jose, but as a reference:

Huntington Beach Dodge has a few Hellcats/Redeyes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,349 Posts
So......I keep regular tabs on the buying value of my 2014 Jeep SRT with Carvana, etc. as that is paid off and I'm going to use those funds as a DP on a new Hellcat plus pay off the rest of my student loan (finally!).

Well, good thing I did not order my car. It seems the online car buying sites are treating vehicles to take in much like stocks. In a bit over a week my vehicle lost 25%!!! I've had a consisten solid offer of $32,600 for awhile, which I was very happy with. I just checked today, $24,500. :eek:Yeah, that aint happening.

So, beware if you have a trade to factor into your buying decision. The new Hellcat may be a sweet price, but your trade may be down drastically.

141 - 160 of 186 Posts