SRT Hellcat Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,526 Posts
So......I keep regular tabs on the buying value of my 2014 Jeep SRT with Carvana, etc. as that is paid off and I'm going to use those funds as a DP on a new Hellcat plus pay off the rest of my student loan (finally!).

Well, good thing I did not order my car. It seems the online car buying sites are treating vehicles to take in much like stocks. In a bit over a week my vehicle lost 25%!!! I've had a consisten solid offer of $32,600 for awhile, which I was very happy with. I just checked today, $24,500. :eek:Yeah, that aint happening.

So, beware if you have a trade to factor into your buying decision. The new Hellcat may be a sweet price, but your trade may be down drastically.
You got me thinking. Called my dealer and am having him draw up an invoice showing my trade value. Then sending a deposit. Def wanna lock my deal in

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,350 Posts
You got me thinking. Called my dealer and am having him draw up an invoice showing my trade value. Then sending a deposit. Def wanna lock my deal in
I don't know about that place, but I have never been successful over the years doing this with any dealer. They have always given a ballpark, but never guaranteed anything in writing as "mileage and condition can change drastically" in the time it takes from order to delivery. Of course, there are some who've done it here (bad idea) and has been offered to me in the past, to give them the car NOW to lock it in. Even as a 3rd toy car I would never do that!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I pay $757 per year for full coverage. I think insurance is pretty reasonable for a car of this caliber.

I'm a 54 year old male with Erie Insurance and live in the Richmond VA area. Good or bad, my rates are below:

Vehicle 1 = 2003 Ford F250 (108k miles)
Vehicle 3 = 2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4wd (78k miles)
Vehicle 4 = 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (11k miles)

View attachment 551880
Hi Dean, those some good numbers on the HC. I'm retired military and live in Woodbridge, VA. I have USAA which the HC is cover under with an outstanding driving record. I pay $783.11 every 6mos and I used your deduction to get a quote and I'm still in the $700 every 6 mos. I'm going to look into Erie Insurance Company.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,526 Posts
I don't know about that place, but I have never been successful over the years doing this with any dealer. They have always given a ballpark, but never guaranteed anything in writing as "mileage and condition can change drastically" in the time it takes from order to delivery. Of course, there are some who've done it here (bad idea) and has been offered to me in the past, to give them the car NOW to lock it in. Even as a 3rd toy car I would never do that!
So as it turns out my son is roommates with the sales guy at a local dealer. He matched the deal I was getting in VA and saved me from a 451 mile drive each way. The dealer is about 10 miles away. I texted him and told him I was worried about the numbers changing in two or three months when the car comes in but he says he can make up an invoice showing the trade value. I would need to send him a $500 deposit. The last time I did this with another dealer they had me send them pics of all angles of the car along with a pic of the current odometer reading. When the new one came in I took the road trip and it went super smoothly. Hoping this goes the same.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Hi Dean, those some good numbers on the HC. I'm retired military and live in Woodbridge, VA. I have USAA which the HC is cover under with an outstanding driving record. I pay $783.11 every 6mos and I used your deduction to get a quote and I'm still in the $700 every 6 mos. I'm going to look into Erie Insurance Company.
Don't mention me by name and get my rates raised up if they made a mistake, lol.

As noted in my other post, I do have multi-car discount and also have homeowners through Erie which adds extra discount. I also have it insured as a "pleasure" vehicle that doesn't exceed 7,500 miles per year. I'm not 100% certain on the mileage limit but I think it's 7,500.

Let us know what you find out. I get my Erie Insurance through an independent insurance agency.

·
Registered
In The Market
139 Posts
Geezer here. Got Hartford through AARP. About $1600 a year for full coverage now for the 06 Charger and 09 Challenger. Hellcat would be a $500. Per year increase.

·
Premium Member
In The Market
36 Posts
i ordered my car literally the day Corona hit the states, they were 7 days into the build when the plant shut down, so now its a waiting game of fun and pain....

·
Registered
8 Posts
i ordered my car literally the day Corona hit the states, they were 7 days into the build when the plant shut down, so now its a waiting game of fun and pain....
What day did your order go thru? Mine was on March 6th! Looks like we are in the same boat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
My Hellcat is a lease 2017 fully loaded SRT Challenger. Payment: $547 a month. The car is in showroom condition with 20,483 miles, lease is up in six months. At which time I can trade up to a redeye (do I really need the extra 100hp?) or buy my hellcat out right @ 32k. Nothing wrong with leases, just not for everybody.
My Cat is a 2017 leased for 3 years, I bought out the lease at the end. $45,417.00 Buy out and only 6K miles and 10 year bumper to bumper dodge warranty. My baby is officially mine. I don't do leases typically. But 0 % over 3 years was a great down payment for me. Now she shares the garage with her big brother a 69 Charger SE.
I did looked hard at the 2020 Charger Daytona on a trade in that was on the show room floor but I opted to keep my baby.

·
Registered
In The Market
223 Posts
I’ve got Erie as well with multi-car, home owners, and an excellent driving record. My quote was $478 annually for a REWB. I’ve been with them a very long time. Had one claim and was pleased with how that turned out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,909 Posts
So as it turns out my son is roommates with the sales guy at a local dealer. He matched the deal I was getting in VA and saved me from a 451 mile drive each way. The dealer is about 10 miles away. I texted him and told him I was worried about the numbers changing in two or three months when the car comes in but he says he can make up an invoice showing the trade value. I would need to send him a $500 deposit. The last time I did this with another dealer they had me send them pics of all angles of the car along with a pic of the current odometer reading. When the new one came in I took the road trip and it went super smoothly. Hoping this goes the same.
had the same happen when we bought our scat Charger. Local dealer did a superior deal on a new 2019 in October 2018 vs a leftover 2018 at another dealer. Both of which were excellent deals but the 2019 came in within about $250 of the 2018...and it was local. Done deal. Pays to get your best deal from the country on paper, then see if someone local can match it. Never know. Might get lucky!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Hellcat is a lease 2017 fully loaded SRT Challenger. Payment: $547 a month. The car is in showroom condition with 20,483 miles, lease is up in six months. At which time I can trade up to a redeye (do I really need the extra 100hp?) or buy my hellcat out right @ 32k. Nothing wrong with leases, just not for everybody.
So you pay 550 for 36 month and then you can buy it out for only 32k? Sounds unreal. If this is true, the dealer must be crazy

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,350 Posts
So you pay 550 for 36 month and then you can buy it out for only 32k? Sounds unreal. If this is true, the dealer must be crazy
It is, user is either leaving out the down payment they're going to pay, or needs to look over the lease agreement again. Zero chance the residual is $32k......on a 2017.....that is fully loaded.

·
Premium Member
In The Market
36 Posts
my 2020 widebody hellcat charger loaded with everything except the navigation "dont' need it", came to $797.39 a month with nothing down. If i put 2k down, it would have been $761, but I would never throw down a DP on a lease, i have made that mistake once. My Original MSRP was $80,170. Base invoice was $77,349. And my price after negotiation was $76,749.61. First month's lease due when I pickup the car.

·
Registered
In The Market
115 Posts
It is, user is either leaving out the down payment they're going to pay, or needs to look over the lease agreement again. Zero chance the residual is $32k......on a 2017.....that is fully loaded.
Yeah, that does sound like a good deal. I wonder if he put some money down or had some positive equity in trade?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,350 Posts
Yeah, that does sound like a good deal. I wonder if he put some money down or had some positive equity in trade?
That wouldn't change the buyout figure at end of the contract, it would just reduce the monthly payment during the term.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
256 Posts
That wouldn't change the buyout figure at end of the contract, it would just reduce the monthly payment during the term.
If he traded it in before lease end, after having put money down, it would change the payoff favorably.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts