SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Thoughts on the JLT Intake?

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Dextar 
#1 ·
I just sent out my TB to Fastman to have him port that and I was thinking about replacing the intake with the JLT. I already have the HC lower plus the bumper portion installed but I was thinking of getting the JLT to smooth out the airflow since the stock pipe has the accordion portion. Eventually I was hoping to pick up the Redeye Charger hood with the ram air so the stock box would eventually need to be upgraded anyway.

I have no interest in doing the LMI since I do drive this car for three seasons.

#7 ·
I know, I bought your lower from your last car haha. I've noticed the AIT is great until you start to do some runs then it heat soaks. I had looked at the one that comes with the Daytona and it's different than the JLT. It doesn't seal to the hood as well as the JLT does plus it still has that silly accordion tube connecting it.

My thoughts are selling the K&N filter + hellcat lower but keeping the tube and the grill piece and getting the JLT. I spoke with Jay about it and he said he'd need some datalogs to see if there is anything that needs to be tuned up once I get it done. My guess would be if he didn't need datalogs there wouldn't be an improvement.

#6 ·
I like mine, I got the bag for the filter for added peace of mind (Not sure if it 100% works, but I try not to drive in super shit weather) I've yet to get it tuned, but enjoy the sound and look. I did add some thin adhesive foam around the plastic window around the vent too, again, probably overkill, but oh well.

Reactions: Dextar
#11 ·

Didn't see much change on the JLT site between 2015-2020 intakes vs 2021-2023 intakes.

#22 ·
Sorry brother, this is for us NA kids. :( I wouldn't recommend the current JLT but they JUST released a new one for the HC that you could check out. I'm waiting for them to release the upgraded box for my kit. The fitment on the current one is not worth the price of it.