SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
405 Posts
For many of us who live in SoCal, this story remains a constant reminder that even non-Hellcat Mopars have immense power and drivers of all muscle cars need to be responsible for the horsepower under our hoods. If I remember correctly, the driver in the story below (Dealio Lockhart) was racing his SXT.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,317 Posts
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, if the country had overnight race tracks that stayed open more than 11pm (cecil local here), or more locations to race other than drag strips like abandoned lots that can be turned into tracks, street racing would disappear OVERNIGHT.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Having lived in Modesto for quite some time I can tell you it's not a shithole.......till now. Covid caused widespread homelessness and its bad really bad sorry to say.
As for street racing it's the thrill of it is why they do it. These cars have no traction so RR is where it shines. This is another reason in the resurgence of "side shows".

Though I don't condone it I've done RR on that very stretch of 99 from about Turlock through ripon/Manteca. 60-150 is a rush and there is nothing like it. My only defense is I'd do well late when little to Noone is out.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,554 Posts
In Turlock visiting. Left family member's house the other night and the mile or two from there to my hotel room the roads were filled with loud cars hard accelerating away from stop lights and stop signs. Mustangs, lots of Mustangs, Dodges, and maybe some Camaros. A few imports, too, but I didn't recognize the car make/model.

Was like being in a Mad Max movie. Crazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts