SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
Petty`s garage sells the frt hooks for 40 bucks. I made mine an look the same. very easy to strap too.

I got both the front and the rears. The fronts bolt in with zero effort, literally 1 min each. The rears require a bolt to be removed, which I thought would make the job a PITA, but the bolts went right back in with little effort, maybe 5 min each.

Then with the full set of Petty hooks, then I use four straps on each end of the car, two straight, two crossed (grand total of 8 straps).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got both the front and the rears. The fronts bolt in with zero effort, literally 1 min each. The rears require a bolt to be removed, which I thought would make the job a PITA, but the bolts went right back in with little effort, maybe 5 min each.

Then with the full set of Petty hooks, then I use four straps on each end of the car, two straight, two crossed (grand total of 8 straps).
Thanks BULL ORDERED THEM

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts

Hey Bull, I just installed my Petty Hooks on my Demon. What kind of hook are you using on your front ype straps that connect to the Petty Hook for the Crossed and Straight connections, clearance seems tight and I worry about rubbing on the tie rod boot or the under engine cover.
Do you use a Flat Snap Hook or a Twisted Snap Hook (MAC's) or something else? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,981 Posts
You might get an answer from @DGatzby he owns a Redeye that he trailers.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
18 Posts
Hey Bull, I just installed my Petty Hooks on my Demon. What kind of hook are you using on your front ype straps that connect to the Petty Hook for the Crossed and Straight connections, clearance seems tight and I worry about rubbing on the tie rod boot or the under engine cover.
Do you use a Flat Snap Hook or a Twisted Snap Hook (MAC's) or something else? Thanks in advance.

Bull has left the building...

However, the answer, having seen what was done, was a flat strap down to the D-rings in the trailer floor.

Somewhere around here is a picture of that Hellcat loaded in his trailer. His car was elevated on 2x12s (to clear the fender in the trailer to get out of the escape hatch). End result is no contact of the straps or hooks with the car, except at the hooks of course... ;)

He likes to go in with 8 straps total, 4 each end, 2 straight, 2 crossed.

Hope that helps (All of that old crowd is over at the other he ll cat for um . org forum)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,777 Posts
how do you tie your redeye down in a trailer don’t want to go through my new wheels. Lol

Thanks rob
When I had to haul a car 2K miles I rented a one way trailer rental the trailer came with canvas web tire/wheel hold downs. These fitted over the tires and secured the car to the trailer. The hold downs made no contact with the wheels or body.

As per vehicle code (?) I had to loop a safety chain around some substantial part of the undercarriage of the car in case all wheel/tire hold downs failed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts