SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Last week, I went to my local dealer and ordered a '17 M6 HC YellowJacket. I'm not very familiar with the ordering process, but from what I understand, there is no guarantee that I'll get the color I want until I have received the VIN (or is it VON, I'm confused)... So my question is: how long does it typically take to get the VIN, and when should I get worried that I won't get that limited production color?

Thank you guys for your help in this!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exact order date to Dealer: Sept 23rd
Dealer confirmed order sent to FCA District Manager: Same day
No VIN received this morning

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
You should get a VON (vehicle order number) when the order is placed. When the VON is picked up for scheduling you'll receive a VIN. Time varies based on allocations and what was ordered. Seems that there has been no real norm established.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the longest time people have waited? And do you think my color choice is at risk while my car order remains in the Limbo zone?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
278 Posts
I placed my order for my '17 Challenger A8 Yellow Jacket on 20 September and had a VIN the next day. Not sure when to start worrying.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,004 Posts
You should get the color you ordered. Maybe in a week or so check with resume speed.
Best of luck and I hope your car comes soon

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,541 Posts
Exact order date to Dealer: Sept 23rd
Dealer confirmed order sent to FCA District Manager: Same day
No VIN received this morning
I ordered The Yellow on the 21st, got the Vin and the Von on the 24th. RS said it is in D1 status as of the 28th. Did they give you a configuration preview sheet when you ordered? If so in the upper right corner it has a status line that should tell you if it is place or pending.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was reading on the forum here, and I saw what lots of orders were delayed because of sunroof back a couple of years ago... Is it still the case? I ordered with sunroof, so that might explain the delay?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,541 Posts
Was reading on the forum here, and I saw what lots of orders were delayed because of sunroof back a couple of years ago... Is it still the case? I ordered with
Was reading on the forum here, and I saw what lots of orders were delayed because of sunroof back a couple of years ago... Is it still the case? I ordered with sunroof, so that might explain the delay?
sunroof, so that might explain the delay?[/Q
Did you talk to the dealer? It may be that he does not have an allotment for a 2017 Hellcat yet. It depends on the dealer and how many they sell or Dont! I would ask them some questions. You should have conformation by now. And it may have something to do with the sunroof.Sometimes special equipment slow the process. Mine was all Standard equipped except for the A8 automatic.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll ask the dealer tomorrow... It's possible that they did not get an allocation right away as they are a small dealership (35k people town)... I live in the middle of nowhere o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,541 Posts
I'll ask the dealer tomorrow... It's possible that they did not get an allocation right away as they are a small dealership (35k people town)... I live in the middle of nowhere o_O
lol NO I live in the middle of nowhere. But I like it most of the time.It's a 16 mile drive to see a town.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
267 Posts
Can anyone confirm this? RS maybe?
I think this is accurate. I ordered from my dealer(small) on the 19th of Sept. and the sales manager said he couldn't put the order in until Dodge gave them allocation. On the 29th of September I received a call from my dealer stating they were given the okay to place the order. I signed off on the vehicle + options I wanted and the order went in. I'm going to call them at the end of this week to get an update and hopefully a vin number.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys... I guess I just need to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'm actually in no hurry to get the car, as I'm trading in a motorcycle, and I'm getting horrible prices right now... Just want to secure the color!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
780 Posts
Thanks guys... I guess I just need to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'm actually in no hurry to get the car.....
Everyone says that, then a month later they see winter weather coming and picture themselves driving home with their new 700hp monster on icy roads or snow.

It's a process and an adventure ordering these cars. We will all tell you we've been there, in your same shoes patiently waiting for news, order status changes, tidbits from RS or your dealer and ultimately when it's on the truck and headed toward your dealer. It's a fun process for some, and agony for others. For myself when I ordered a 15 from a dealer without an allocation and a shortage of superchargers from IHI, my wait turned out to be 14 months. But I truly didn't care because it was important to buy fromy local dealer to me and also to get the options I ordered.

In your case, the sunroof and the color. So stick with what you want and settle in.

We will also tell you that, whether you choose to believe it or not: IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!

(I heard the same words of encouragement and after 12k+ mi I have to agree: it was worth waiting 14 months for. Car is a beast and an absolute blast to drive.)

Hope your car arrives sooner and you enjoy it!
20160909_190908.jpg
20160909_190908.jpg
20160909_190908.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts