SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
waiting on 2021 order
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I picked the wrong dealer...Ordered Monday. Trying to get an update to make sure the order has gone in. Was told they don't get the VIN until 3 weeks usually after the order...They had no clue when asking about VON.

Last Jeep I ordered in 2013, I remember getting the VON right away. Is this still the case?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
Went through something similar with my last HC. Bugged dealer for a VON quite a few times until he finally told me to chill out lol. Eventually it was explained that that dealer submits orders on certain days and in bunches and that indeed there was an order for mine and that a VON would come. It was ordered and eventually I did get a VON. Lesson learned was stop being that guy. Let the dealer order process happen and go find something else to do for two months to distract yourself. Did that with the RE. Never bothered to torture the dealer and before I knew it he was calling me to tell me that the car was in. What are you really going to do with a VON anyway other than use it to call FCA and bug them lol. Just a form of self torture in the end. Been there.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
waiting on 2021 order
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good way to look at it. I kind of just wanted confirmation the order has gone into the factory. I'm not in a huge rush, and kind of have in my mind it will probably be august before I see it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
644 Posts
Very good way to look at it. I kind of just wanted confirmation the order has gone into the factory. I'm not in a huge rush, and kind of have in my mind it will probably be august before I see it.
I just ordered a SS and had the VON# before I left the dealership and then received the VIN# within 24 hours which I got from SRT which they get from your VON.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe I picked the wrong dealer...Ordered Monday. Trying to get an update to make sure the order has gone in. Was told they don't get the VIN until 3 weeks usually after the order...They had no clue when asking about VON.

Last Jeep I ordered in 2013, I remember getting the VON right away. Is this still the case?
I am in suspense what model and options did you order?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello all. I just order a regular HC Challenger on 4/20. Only options were rear seat delete & rear spoiler.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
644 Posts
Hello all. I just order a regular HC Challenger on 4/20. Only options were rear seat delete & rear spoiler.
That's the EXACT way I just ordered my SS with Rear Seat Delete and the SRT Spoiler, although I did opt for the black calipers.
I wanted the car as light as possible and didn't want or need leather and all the bells and whistles, (been there / done it) ! The only feature I'll miss is the Blind Spot Mirror Signal, but will be fine without it.
My friend just got a base model Hellcat from Koons and I think you're going to be very happy with the Houndstooth seats which are real nice looking in person and of outstanding quality.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's the EXACT way I just ordered my SS with Rear Seat Delete and the SRT Spoiler, although I did opt for the black calipers.
I wanted the car as light as possible and didn't want or need leather and all the bells and whistles, (been there / done it) ! The only feature I'll miss is the Blind Spot Mirror Signal, but will be fine without it.
My friend just got a base model Hellcat from Koons and I think you're going to be very happy with the Houndstooth seats which are real nice looking in person and of outstanding quality.
If you don't mind,when did you order your SS?

·
Registered
222 Posts

I was given a VIN within three days. Your dealership is being lazy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Small world !! This is my 4th car from Herb Chambers: Jeep Compass, Hellcat, Red Eye and now the SS.
Nice, ever work with John Puleo? That's who sold me the car. I have NO IDEA how I remembered his name because that was like 6-7 years ago, but a quick search on google says he still works there. I wish this color was available on Hellcats.... Sigh.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,575 Posts
I was given a VIN within three days. Your dealership is being lazy.
VIN has nothing to do with dealer. The plant scheduled your car quickly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
Well, we have no idea if his dealership even bothers to submit his order.
That's why you don't leave the dealership until you get the POC which proves he ordered it.

Some dealers even sit on sold orders until the guy that works in the back office and orders all the cars decides to place a stock order and he'll throw yours in.

Gotta have the POC before you leave not just to prove he actually ordered it, but to double check it to make sure it's correct.

Even after several phone calls and emails, my salesman still managed to order the wrong interior on the SRT but good thing I got the POC right away and we were able to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you ordered a base Hellcat and not a Redeye, I do not believe they are scheduling the base ones yet. There fore no VIN. All base Hellcat engines going to TRX
, Durango, etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts