SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Rayz, any idea about why the Pirelli PZero 305's are listed in two really different thread widths? They list a replacement for a Ferrari that shows 12.1", the regular one shows 10.6"? Big difference in the same tire.

I am getting concerned after looking at another thread here last night that the 315's may not fit without rear wheel splash mods so it won't rub. Seems like the OEM 9.5" wheels have their outside rim set about even with the outside sheet metal. A 10.5" wheel may not be possible.
I know Pirelli makes various of the same as they match tires specific OEM vehicle requirements.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
Switching to the Continental DWS. I'm going to slightly stagger the setup, putting 295/40/20s on the rears. Gives me one more inch over the the 275s. The difference is only a bigger diameter by .6in. I can live with that.

When I get my 20x10s I'm going with a 315/35 setup.
Puffy - did you ever get the 295s installed? I'm very interested in trying your setup and the reviews on C DWSs are really good.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
Puffy - did you ever get the 295s installed? I'm very interested in trying your setup and the reviews on C DWSs are really good.
I haven't taken delivery just yet. I'm a couple weeks away from that but I'm planning to throw 295/40/20s on my stock 9.5s. I will post up pictures as soon as they are on.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
Sorry, should have looked at your signature...I think I'm going to order a set today.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
Sorry, should have looked at your signature...I think I'm going to order a set today.
Let me know how things turn out. I already ordered the tires, just waiting on the car.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
275/40-20 FALKEN AZENIS FK 453 - geez I'm on the bubble now - $720 for a set shipped to my door. I've had great experience with every Falken tire I've ever used. The last set I put on my Corvette made it handle like a different car and they weren't even as good as these newer 453.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,099 Posts
Everyone would be much happier if they got DR's...this car will tear through a normal set of radials in no time anyways...you might as well get a tire that is meant to only last 15K Miles....and you actually can hook up, and enjoy the power....

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A live document. A lot in tires change often but definitely want to draw attention to the tread depth of some tires.
Hellcat & SRT Tire Comparisons

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
474 Posts
Thanks Rayzazoo for the thread. To be up front as possible, I love my car but am technically car illiterate so find this and other threads on Hellcat.Org very informative.
Based on a lot of reading, and my NY weather experience, I can't keep the Pirelli Summer tires on the ground so I am switching to the Nitto 555R. I guess I need to keep the car under 159MPH as I lose the top end the Pirelli's give me. Maybe that's a good thing :) Most of my driving is stop light to stop light anyway so will let you know next week how the new tires feel. Thanks again for all the posts.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
I think this has come up before, but what's the story behind the 4 different versions of the PZero Summer tire with the same part number but different section widths???

How does a mere mortal know which is which?

:mad:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
134 Posts
I think this has come up before, but what's the story behind the 4 different versions of the PZero Summer tire with the same part number but different section widths???

Tell me about it. You don't know how long I wrestled with the price on mine before coming to the conclusion of which tires I had. I finally got it figured out through Tire Rack, but still don't know what sets them all apart. (106Y), 106Y Bentley, Bentley double DD big frame wide rights. Ok, yes, the last part is made up, but not far off.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

For the Pirellis, the main differences are tire weights, tread width and speed ratings.

Very minor tweaks. As an example Y vs (Y) is 186mph vs 186+mph. It is just whether or not the tire has been tested for those speeds.

Also, some tire models that are the same on tire rack will be priced differently based upon how long they had them in storage/inventory.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks Rayzazoo for the thread. To be up front as possible, I love my car but am technically car illiterate so find this and other threads on Hellcat.Org very informative.
Based on a lot of reading, and my NY weather experience, I can't keep the Pirelli Summer tires on the ground so I am switching to the Nitto 555R. I guess I need to keep the car under 159MPH as I lose the top end the Pirelli's give me. Maybe that's a good thing :) Most of my driving is stop light to stop light anyway so will let you know next week how the new tires feel. Thanks again for all the posts.
I'd recommend the 555 G2 instead of the 555R for street use. The 555R has 5/32 tread depth (good for drag strip) vs the 555 G2 has 11/32 tread and will last longer.

555R is rated for 149mph
555 G2 is rated for 168mph

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
75 Posts
What's your thoughts on going with the 295/40/20 in the G2 in the rear? Gives an extra inch or so of width.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm interested in trying the Kumho Ecsta PS91 in 275/40/20.

This looks like a good alternative to the stock Pirelli PZero Summer tire.

·
Texas President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,600 Posts
I'm interested in trying the Kumho Ecsta PS91 in 275/40/20.

This looks like a good alternative to the stock Pirelli PZero Summer tire.
U got my attention... Please explain!!!

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
What's your thoughts on going with the 295/40/20 in the G2 in the rear? Gives an extra inch or so of width.
Inch taller and wider. Should fit although it is recommended for a 10-11.5 inch rim.

Wider tire, with correct rim size will help in lateral grip; but could be at the expense of added unsprung weight, aero drag, wheel/tire slippage on stock rim.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
75 Posts
Thanks. Figure it shouldn't be too hard to fit since you hear of lots of people putting the 555r 305's on the stock rims with no issues. In fact that was my initial choice until I found out these were Nitto's newest performance tire.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts