SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Scat Pack WideBody A8 summer tires. Stock. Why such a big gap?
PXL_20210207_204504488.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody 2021 Durango GT
10 Posts
Lower aspect ratio on the wider tires I believe ( could be wrong). 35 as opposed to 40 or 45 on the regular" body. I noticed this on my new widebody as well coming from a standard with 275 wheels

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lower aspect ratio on the wider tires I believe ( could be wrong). 35 as opposed to 40 or 45 on the regular" body. I noticed this on my new widebody as well coming from a standard with 275 wheels
So the height of the tire/wheel combination could be lower than the 275s or 245s....

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
Give it some time to settle. Fenders are in the front.
Here's mine. Not quite as bad as yours after a few months.
IMG_0150 (2).jpg

·
Registered
524 Posts
From factory 275/40 to factory 305/35 the tire hieght change is .26 inches. So the 305 is basically a quarter inch shorter.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody 2021 Durango GT
10 Posts
Good to know that it settles down a bit after a while

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another reason why a new car just delivered to dealer might look higher than normal are spring protectors which are plastic placed between the coils during shipment...
I had that happen on a Camaro SS 1LE-front coils-to raise up the splitter so it wouldn't scrape the pavement etc. Didn't think the rear coils would have them. Nevertheless I looked and couldn't find any.....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,069 Posts
Another reason why a new car just delivered to dealer might look higher than normal are spring protectors which are plastic placed between the coils during shipment...
They still do that? Didn't see any on mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give it some time to settle. Fenders are in the front.
Here's mine. Not quite as bad as yours after a few months.
View attachment 568993
Thanks! Quarter-panel. Are the the rear coils designed to settle and the front coils where there is more weight are not? Do you have the ZL1 rock guards like I do?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
Thanks! Quarter-panel. Are the the rear coils designed to settle and the front coils where there is more weight are not? Do you have the ZL1 rock guards like I do?
I would suspect that the rears just have a lighter spring rate/weight and so they tend to settle more than the fronts which are prob a bit beefier for the added weight up front. I may be wrong but it's my theory lol. I do have the ZL-1's. Also have the side skirts which imo really add to the look while helping with more protection.
IMG_0141.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
913 Posts
Drive it hard and break it in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would suspect that the rears just have a lighter spring rate/weight and so they tend to settle more than the fronts which are prob a bit beefier for the added weight up front. I may be wrong but it's my theory lol. I do have the ZL-1's. Also have the side skirts which imo really add to the look while helping with more protection.
View attachment 568995
Thanks! Looks like a show car! Love the license plate!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts