SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Tire pressure?

34853 21
Ok door label says 32psi but the tires are inflated 35-37. What are your tires at?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
Ok door label says 32psi but the tires are inflated 35-37. What are your tires at?
20 inch tires should be at 38 cold and 40 if the vehicle has been driven. Lower them way down at the track but for normal driving use above psi

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Mine are at 32/33 cold and they can go as high as 36 on a warm day
Like 19 degrees warm we got up to today? 12 right now which beats the minus 10 we had two days ago.

Reactions: cole3986 and purnrg

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,111 Posts
from TSB 22-004-06 but same principles still apply.

The tire pressure will vary with temperature by about 6.9 kPa (1 psi) for every
6.5°C (12°F). This means that when the outside temperature decreases, the tire
pressure will decrease - the customer should adjust his tire pressure for this
decrease in pressure
- please refer the customer to his vehicle owner’s manual for
information on how to properly inflate his vehicle’s tires. The tire pressure will also
increase as the vehicle is driven - this is normal and there should be no adjustment
for this increased pressure.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
235 Posts
32 psi is the recommended cold inflation pressure. unless you're doing autocross or racing a road course, I wouldn't go higher than 35 psi cold. anything above that and you risk premature center tread wear.

Lets see.... Premature tire WEAR... does that mean we should get 700 miles out of the rear tires if we do 1/8 mile burnouts @32 psi!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
Every time I leave my delaership they've adjusted them to 41 psi cold. No idea why. I always drop that to about 32 after I get home.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
378 Posts
Every time I leave my delaership they've adjusted them to 41 psi cold. No idea why. I always drop that to about 32 after I get home.
If you drop it as soon as you park your car, you are under inflating them. Make sure you're doing it when they're cold (not in direct sunlight, not freshly driven, morning temps.)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
Yep, when cold. Sorry, didnt mean right when I get home. The next AM.

Bad choice of woids.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
No, this is Dodge. Nitrogen is too expensive. They use cow farts instead. Far cheaper. Stinky burnouts are an unfortunate side effect.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,613 Posts
I fill my tires with helium. It lightens them so they go faster

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.