SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after weeks, no make that months of soul searching, I finally decided on which tires, and more importantly which shop to mount and balance my tires. I spoke to darn near every tire shop in town and decided on a reputable shop in town here which has been here decades. They were confident they could make my ocd butt happy and they also do road force balance. My last set I took to a porsche dealer 3 hours away. So today, all excited like a little kid, I dropped them off anticipating trying them out later. Pick them up, unload and get ready to wax them up and WTF! a gouge right in the middle of a spoke! And to top it off all of them had scuff like scratches in a few spots around the bead area! I was mad but actually I was more sad and disappointed. I took the rim back and they were actually real good about the gouged rim and said they would make it right. I was very calm and respectful because I realize stuff happens. Now the rims aren't perfect with 30 k on them but I take meticulous care of them. mostly just pitting from driving. I don.t expect a brand new $ 1000 rim but a nice comparable OEM one at the least. As far as the scuffs they said that's normal, I say [email protected]# to that, but it is what it is. So we'll see what happens. They are srt hyperblack rims and are not that common and from what I've heard hard to color match when repaired. I was so bummed I didn't even put them on yet. I know its just a rim but I work my a$$ off to buy my things and support my family! Any way if you're still here, Thanks for listening to my rant! LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, If anybody has one, or two let me know! I'll also post on"wanted". Thanks

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Scuff marks on the rim when replacing the tires is bull:poop:
I had mine done at a shop in town and they cut my tire during installation, they called me and told me and ordered a new tire and the whole job at their expense.
To bad you don't live near me, I have my old set with about 11000 miles on them put away because i bought new rims.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scuff marks on the rim when replacing the tires is bull:poop:
I had mine done at a shop in town and they cut my tire during installation, they called me and told me and ordered a new tire and the whole job at their expense.
To bad you don't live near me, I have my old set with about 11000 miles on them put away because i bought new rims my last set didn;t have one mark

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,333 Posts
Their tire machine has a worn out flange head if it is scratching like that.
That damage to the rim is just them being sloppy or a tech that was in a huge hurry.
I would tell them I want a new OEM rim.

·
BMF
4,568 Posts
Eat it. No way to prove that they did it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,075 Posts
^^^ 🙄

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,333 Posts
Some people are still honest in this world.
They may come through and take care of you.
Geez, stay positive guys

Reactions: Greengohellcat

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had that happen to me on one of my rims at BJs Wholesale Club, they informed me of the scratch and insisted they would get me a new rim, they did. The tech said the machine needed a part to be replaced, he was sincerely apologetic. It was disappointing it happened,they handled it well.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
So after weeks, no make that months of soul searching, I finally decided on which tires, and more importantly which shop to mount and balance my tires. I spoke to darn near every tire shop in town and decided on a reputable shop in town here which has been here decades. They were confident they could make my ocd butt happy and they also do road force balance. My last set I took to a porsche dealer 3 hours away. So today, all excited like a little kid, I dropped them off anticipating trying them out later. Pick them up, unload and get ready to wax them up and WTF! a gouge right in the middle of a spoke! And to top it off all of them had scuff like scratches in a few spots around the bead area! I was mad but actually I was more sad and disappointed. I took the rim back and they were actually real good about the gouged rim and said they would make it right. I was very calm and respectful because I realize stuff happens. Now the rims aren't perfect with 30 k on them but I take meticulous care of them. mostly just pitting from driving. I don.t expect a brand new $ 1000 rim but a nice comparable OEM one at the least. As far as the scuffs they said that's normal, I say [email protected]# to that, but it is what it is. So we'll see what happens. They are srt hyperblack rims and are not that common and from what I've heard hard to color match when repaired. I was so bummed I didn't even put them on yet. I know its just a rim but I work my a$$ off to buy my things and support my family! Any way if you're still here, Thanks for listening to my rant! LOL View attachment 566929 View attachment 566931 View attachment 566933
With the correct equipment no damage should occur. I run an automotive program at a technical college, we mounted tires on my Hellcat, brand new wheels too, not one mark it scratch.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,861 Posts
Should be more than repairable. I’m the same way as you. Recently got expensive new wheels and wanted someone with a touch-less Hunter machine. Went to Les Schwab and the manager mounted them for me himself, just to be safe.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eat it. No way to prove that they did it.
Probably not! Oh except for the pictures and video I took of all four right before I dropped them off. Then again I could have gone home and smacked it just to be able to go through all the fun of letting them know its damaged so I can get a new rim!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the correct equipment no damage should occur. I run an automotive program at a technical college, we mounted tires on my Hellcat, brand new wheels too, not one mark it scratch.
Exactly!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had that happen to me on one of my rims at BJs Wholesale Club, they informed me of the scratch and insisted they would get me a new rim, they did. The tech said the machine needed a part to be replaced, he was sincerely apologetic. It was disappointing it happened,they handled it well.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The guy at the desk was very sincere and felt bad, and said he would do what he could to make it right as far as the gouged rim. As far as the scuffs? I probably will have to "eat it" .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Should be more than repairable. I’m the same way as you. Recently got expensive new wheels and wanted someone with a touch-less Hunter machine. Went to Les Schwab and the manager mounted them for me himself, just to be safe.
That's what is disappointing because they said they had the best machines and had me wait till yesterday because the "best" guy would be there to do it. If they had said there may be some scuffs I would have said fine, and moved on. Maybe to Les Schwab!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts