SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for all the support guys! I'll let you know how it goes. A new rim would be fine, But like I said they weren't brand new so a clean used oem take off rim comparable to mine is all I want out of this. Just sucks it happened for them and me. As far as the scuffs? IDK?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
143 Posts
I have never had a tire put on that did not cause scuff like scratches to the rim. It is a shame, because I know how and use to mount tires and it can be done if you take care. It is really a shame.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,359 Posts
Thank you! Checking it out. Looks like 400$ each, trying to verify color. Sure looks right. I'll call.
See if they will give us a discount if you buy the rims and I buy a set of their flares.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So got an update! So the tire shop (counter man) had told me to think about what I wanted and let them know. They would "make it right". So in the meantime I found a super nice OEM rim from a fellow member and bought it, (for way.,way less than a new one from dodge). Told the shop and he said he'd talk to the boss. Called me back and said boss said he would offer to pay for half the rim because it wasn't perfect anyway. So I hung up, thought about it and called the owner..I explained to him the entire story why I chose his shop and that they actually scratched all four rims. His response was something like "I don't understand what you want, especially over such a small ding" Or thing? He basically wanted to know how much to make me go away. Said one of the problems he had was that I left with the rims and then came back, and his guys said they didn't do it! REALLY? did you just call me a liar? should I have needed to stand there and inspect all the rims? I guess so. Now I'm pretty upset. "Fine, you want me to pay for the rim I will, but I get the damaged one back!" No,no you don't. So after some back and forth about that he said, "Fine come get your check and keep the rim, as long as you're happy" So I did! No apologies, no empathy! So now I feel like crap over the whole Sh#@ show and feel like going and throwing half the money back at him! Maybe I should have compromised, and I may have if he hadn't been such a dick, But after he could care less about the scuffs on all the rims and sorta called me liar? IDK? This all just happened and I'm running on emotion. My intention was never to capitalize on the situation, just be treated fairly. So did they pay for the rim? yes. Am I happy? no.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts