SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Octane Red Pearl, Satin Black Hood,
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its probably been discussed but what tires would you recommend for the rear of my 2019 RE?
I have 10k on the vehicle and will need to replace the stock 305/35ZR20 P Zero Summer rear tires soon.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
315/35 PS4S

Reactions: 383RR

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Its probably been discussed but what tires would you recommend for the rear of my 2019 RE?
I have 10k on the vehicle and will need to replace the stock 305/35ZR20 P Zero Summer rear tires soon.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
For the rears: 315/35/20 Nitto NT555RII for sure. These cars NEED R compound tires. Will get roughly the same amount of miles out of them as you got with the Pirelli’s.
Michelin PS4S are very good all around (probably the best ultra high performance summer tire) but don’t compare to the 555RII’s in straight line grip. Straight line grip in the biggest problem with Hellcats.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
PS4S more specifically for ON THE STREET.

I will back up my recommendation with straight line acceleration numbers FROM THE STREET if that is the ONLY important function of the question. I invite ALL others to post up their street acceleration times, if your suggestions are “for sure”, “works best” or you think your suggestion has “better grip”.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
128 Posts

I will back up my recommendation with straight line acceleration numbers FROM THE STREET if that is the ONLY important function of the question. I invite ALL others to post up their street acceleration times, if your suggestions are “for sure”, “works best” or you think your suggestion has “better grip”.
View attachment 569638

Well said shows how good the PS4S works for you. Is your Redeye stock and have you ever tried the Continental ECS tires? If so how does it compare to the PS4S traction wise and were you able to match the same numbers you have posted here with the Contis?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
Well said shows how good the PS4S works for you. Is your Redeye stock and have you ever tried the Continental ECS tires? If so how does it compare to the PS4S traction wise and were you able to match the same numbers you have posted here with the Contis?
Stock power. That is my recommendation and I show my acceleration times since everyone only wants to talk about acceleration. That is easy to quantify. I never have shown anything or owned a Continental Tire.

Looking for anyone to post their real data, not just what their seat tells them about all these other tires that people say work. I have tried and still own R888R’s Cup 2’s Pilot Sports, and PZeros. The PS4S especially for street use are the best all around tire and provides the quickest consistent acceleration that I have found. Been that way on my former ‘15 Hellcat (3.4 sec 0-60) and now this RE.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts

To each their own with tires. It’s all personal preference and that’s why people share. Forum is community of people with opinions on a common topic - so meant to share differing options so people can take others’ opinions and develop their own. All posts should be taken with a grain of salt, mine included. For instance - my non-widebody, non-redeye performance page photo could be claimed to be on the street with _ tire. (It’s not, and was definitely done on the track) but that’s my point. **For clarity, I am not accusing anyone of falsifying anything with photos.

R compound tires, simply put, are softer and provide superior grip than non-R compound. I assume that’s why competitive drag racing is done on R compound tires.

I have run Michelin PS4S on the rear of my Charger Hellcat and mustered a best 0-60 of 3.7 seconds on the street when they were new. That took many tries of finding a clean road, practicing throttle management, adjusting the amount of brake boosted RPM at start, etc. I have also run 555R’s and within a couple attempts, bested my previous time with a 3.5 second 0-60 on the street. The largest difference, in my opinion, of these two tires (when it comes to straight line grip) is the Nitto’s ability to consistency replicate a lower 0-60 time when compared to the Michelins.

Don’t get me wrong, Michelin PS4S tires are superior tires in every other respect. They also come with a 30K mile warranty! Which is crazy.

To each their own, but I have run 555R’s and PS4S’s, I prioritize consistent straight line grip, and prefer the drag radial R compound Nitto.

Happy tire shopping! We all do it a lot haha

Reactions: Barbell_Cat_717

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
View attachment 569660
To each their own with tires. It’s all personal preference and that’s why people share. Forum is community of people with opinions on a common topic - so meant to share differing options so people can take others’ opinions and develop their own. All posts should be taken with a grain of salt, mine included. For instance - my non-widebody, non-redeye performance page photo could be claimed to be on the street with _ tire. (It’s not, and was definitely done on the track) but that’s my point. **For clarity, I am not accusing anyone of falsifying anything with photos.

R compound tires, simply put, are softer and provide superior grip than non-R compound. I assume that’s why competitive drag racing is done on R compound tires.

I have run Michelin PS4S on the rear of my Charger Hellcat and mustered a best 0-60 of 3.7 seconds on the street when they were new. That took many tries of finding a clean road, practicing throttle management, adjusting the amount of brake boosted RPM at start, etc. I have also run 555R’s and within a couple attempts, bested my previous time with a 3.5 second 0-60 on the street. The largest difference, in my opinion, of these two tires (when it comes to straight line grip) is the Nitto’s ability to consistency replicate a lower 0-60 time when compared to the Michelins.

Don’t get me wrong, Michelin PS4S tires are superior tires in every other respect. They also come with a 30K mile warranty! Which is crazy.

To each their own, but I have run 555R’s and PS4S’s, I prioritize consistent straight line grip, and prefer the drag radial R compound Nitto.

Happy tire shopping! We all do it a lot haha
Those numbers are street or prepared strip numbers?

·
Registered
19 Posts

View attachment 569638

Nice times! Do they grip well on corners? how are the PS4S in the winter? looking to replace the stock all seasons on my redeye

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
Nice times! Do they grip well on corners? how are the PS4S in the winter? looking to replace the stock all seasons on my redeye
Good news on everything except winter my friend. They are technically not recommended below like 45-50 degrees. I have used them down to just above freezing. They work remarkably well. So three seasons maybe, but not all seasons.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
179 Posts

View attachment 569638
Dave, got to ask. Did you try the R888R in a similar test? What was the result and what size were they?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
Dave, got to ask. Did you try the R888R in a similar test? What was the result and what size were they?
I can’t get them to work as quick. I’ll have them on in May a couple of times yet, and I’ll try again. They have served me well and will soon be retired. I would think about larger for those but they are so loud to my ear. Otherwise they have given me some good wear and performance on the track. They are the 305/35’s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts