SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team

I need a small favor from ya'll. What would be the max tire size I can go with, for my 2017 SRT392 stock wheels.
I need bigger tires but not sure if I should go for 295 or 305. I am not sure if the 305s are going to bother the driveshaft.

Also I have heard that the NT555 Nitto's have slight smaller scale so we can go for NT555 305s for the car.

Would it be better if I change all 4 tires with 305s so that I can rotate the tires after every 5000 miles.

Thanking in advance.

Alien

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,724 Posts
285/35 on all fours is plenty for me. Look good and great traction on Conti. Extreme Sport Plus. Doing occasional road courses, I wanted an approved fit for the 9.5" wheels.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
285/35 on all fours is plenty for me. Look good and great traction on Conti. Extreme Sport Plus. Doing occasional road courses, I wanted an approved fit for the 9.5" wheels.
I am thinking of 295 but 305s would be great still not sure if the 305s would bea safe choice. :(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6 Posts
From what I’ve researched. 305’s are a safe bet. 315’s have a few issues. If you put them on the 9.5” stock wheels you will get a little ballooning. Some have gone to wider wheels to accomodate. My opinion is go staggered on the sizing. Who cares if you can’t do the full rotation. If you’re going with the modified sizing, you’re probably more concerned with performance than tire life so go all in. I’m waiting to burn out the cheap tires the previous owner put on my ‘15 SRT then I’ll go with 275 in front, 305 in the back. Wider wheels back there to make it work. Haven’t decided between Nitto or Pirelli yet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I would do the same but will it benefit if I put more rubber on front wheels as well? like 305s in front. And will it enhance the performance? Also I am considering to put all 4 wheels same size to rotate the tires every 5000 miles. And you are 100% correct, I am more clinging towards the performance :p

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6 Posts
Good question. Without track testing, I wouldn’t know for sure. Would the ballooning be detrimental? Personally, I don’t think the handling/steering could benefit from a larger front tire. I know I need more rubber in the back. Wasting so much good horsepower that isn’t connecting with the road!

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT 392
212 Posts
I don't think 305s will fit on the front, might be wrong, but haven't seen that done yet. (They will fit on the tire but might rub when turning)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am thinking if 305/35 for rear and 275/40 for front would be a good choice. Also not sure which brand would I go with.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think 305s will fit on the front, might be wrong, but haven't seen that done yet. (They will fit on the tire but might rub when turning)
And what can happen if I put 305/35 in the rear wheels. Will it damage anything in the shaft? Any drawbacks?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On my stock rims I was at 275 40 all around. I just got wider rims and went to 285 35 front and 305 35 rear
did you get replica of srt392 wider rims? I am looking forward for some rims if they are affordable. Can you help me share your link from where you got the rims.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don’t forget that a 315 in one brand may not be as wide (or light) as a 295 from another brand. Most of the data on tire rack .com is accurate for section widths and weights.

Michelin, Goodyear, Falken, Continental and Yokohama tend to run wide. Nitto, Hankook and Sumitomo do not. My 305 Goodyears were 31mm wider than my 305 Hankooks (both mounted on 11” wide wheels).

If you can keep the tire weight at 30 lbs or less, your car will brake, corner and accelerate better.

You’re greatly limiting the performance and aesthetics of your car by staying with the factory wheels. I recommend the MRR M392 to drop weight and go to the max width on the platform for not much more than you’ll be able to sell your OEM set for.

Reactions: Alien Cop

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7 Posts
I just mounted up my Nitto summer tires on a staggered set of Falken rims. 9x20 with 275/40 and 10.5x20 wearing 305/35.

The rears line up great, but I sure wouldn't go much larger unless you don't mind hanging out of the fender.

My 10x18 drag radials are nitto 555R in a 305/45r18 size on Konig 20mm offset and those hang outside the fender a little more.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don’t forget that a 315 in one brand may not be as wide (or light) as a 295 from another brand. Most of the data on tire rack .com is accurate for section widths and weights.

Michelin, Goodyear, Falken, Continental and Yokohama tend to run wide. Nitto, Hankook and Sumitomo do not. My 305 Goodyears were 31mm wider than my 305 Hankooks (both mounted on 11” wide wheels).

If you can keep the tire weight at 30 lbs or less, your car will brake, corner and accelerate better.

You’re greatly limiting the performance and aesthetics of your car by staying with the factory wheels. I recommend the MRR M392 to drop weight and go to the max width on the platform for not much more than you’ll be able to sell your OEM set for.

I totally agree with you. But the factory wheels are Forged wheels which are so much durable and stronger. And a stronger wheel is so much stable ride to withstand the pressure it creates on ground during burn out. I might be wrong, but correct me if its worth selling the factory wheels and getting cast ones.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
i have about a year on ps91 kumhos. 285/35 on the stock front srt wheel and 295/35 on the rear. i can agree that not all 285s are created the same size, and i realize how dumb that sounds. they are def a smidge bigger. the fronts rub a bit on full lock. no ballooning on stock air pressure. as for the rears, there is slight ballooning or crowning. i had to drop them 4psi to get an even wear. would i do it again? maybe, not really sure. part of me thinks 285s all around and rotate. another part of me says 285/305 combo on stock wheels. not sure yet, but going to compare the 295 i have to the dimensions of the conti dw 305 and go from there.

i would never put a 315 on the stock wheel, and i would never put anything larger then 285 on the front based on my experience with the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts