SRT Hellcat Forum banner

To all the Dodge techs. that hang out here on this site.

2854 24
Wanted to say thanks for hanging around here on this site and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we appreciate your wisdom, guidance and help in answering our questions.

In a recent post one of you stated that you didn't want to post up a diagram as somebody here ratted you out.

We really appreciate help like this and it is ashame you got ratted out (for what I don't know but if you got in trouble it sucks). Same to the guy who tried to help a buyer with info. on his splitter scrapes and then got hung out to dry.

If any of you guys want to post tech. information feel free to PM it to me. I'll repost it and I'll take it to the grave if anybody wants to know where I got it. I can say I received it from the Hellcat gods LOL.

This has really been bugging me. I just can't believe people are getting reprimanded for helping people. This world is messed up!
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Wanted to say thanks for hanging around here on this site and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we appreciate your wisdom, guidance and help in answering our questions.

In a recent post one of you stated that you didn't want to post up a diagram as somebody here ratted you out.

We really appreciate help like this and it is ashame you got ratted out (for what I don't know but if you got in trouble it sucks). Same to the guy who tried to help a buyer with info. on his splitter scrapes and then got hung out to dry.

If any of you guys want to post tech. information feel free to PM it to me. I'll repost it and I'll take it to the grave if anybody wants to know where I got it. I can say I received it from the Hellcat gods LOL.

This has really been bugging me. I just can't believe people are getting reprimanded for helping people. This world is messed up!
People who drink hatorade and graduated with Playa Hatin degrees or PHd's are abundant. I corrected your title from hand to hang and thanks for sharing this post!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
717 Posts
That's been ticking me off too, thanks for what you do guys. To whoever the rat is, feel free to speak up so that we can express our full gratitude to you.:mad:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
216 Posts
That's been ticking me off too, thanks for what you do guys. To whoever the rat is, feel free to speak up so that we can express our full gratitude to you.:mad:
I don't understand why it would matter that tech's and dealers would get in any trouble whatsoever. It there something in the employer's policy that prevents this?
Call me ignorant, but believe in Freedom of Speech for Everybody.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,911 Posts
Is there a way to "like" AND "agree" with something someone posts LOL. The culprit should be hung out to dry and banned. I don't understand what you would even be in trouble for???

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Thanks.

Part of dealer connects say strictly confadensal
I can't believe some moron would turn you in, hope they never get a cat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
76 Posts
I also appreciate the info provided and don't agree with the rats- but of course freedom of speech (and the constitution generally) only applies to state/government actors.. not private entities.. thus, your private employer can generally suppress your speech all they want.

People should carefully consider risks to their career before posting info on the Internet.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
most hesitate to post because posting copyrighted material can be hazardous to your job/wallet/freedom.
Smoking is no good for you either but lots of people do it!

Seriously... I totally get that part but in reality posting a page here or there to help some one is harmless (but I agree can get you in trouble). It's not like this is really confidential data. Heck, I'd sign up for the access if it wasn't priced so ridiculously high. I'm Joe Schmo that wants to learn about his car and do what I can. Help me out (Dodge) and give me a reasonable option to buy the info. for personal use.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
IIRC, 3 day TechAuthority.com subscription is less than $40 and you can download all you want.
Does this include downloading a full service manual for a particular car? If so, I think I will do that..

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,649 Posts
All I can say is Jim is good guy helped me wit few questions and then I heard he got snitched on by a forum member this place suppose be family and helpful that's point of it

******* snitch hope u burn or catch crabs
Or should I send mr.bubbles to spend the night

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IIRC, 3 day TechAuthority.com subscription is less than $40 and you can download all you want.
I saw that and I'll probably use it when I need to do something. I'd like to just have access to read stuff etc. Maybe I need to signup and just download 24x7 for 3 days.

I've often paid several hundred dollars for CD's or manuals but it seems like more and more the information is just getting out of reach to anyone out of the trade. It's too bad.

I have several German cars and I can get just about anything online. Heck there is even factory coding tools and stuff. It's all boot leg but the manufacturers don't seem to care. They never go after anybody.

Look at Ross-Tech. They have reversed engineered VAGOM for years now. It's so good there are local dealers that use it in addition to VAGCOM.

It's just dumb to make the information so hard to get cost-wise.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does this include downloading a full service manual for a particular car? If so, I think I will do that..
If not let's coordinate and figure out who gets what and then share it later! Have a few people sign up and assign them stuff to grab!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.