SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
will you get the HP rebate even though you wont take delivery by the 3rd? Ive seen in several places (including alpar) where the rebate will continue, but also saw a few times where it said need to take delivery by Sept 3

·
Registered
297 Posts
I really think the problem is the dealers make up there own rules. If your dealer says it is going to honer the rebate whenever the car comes in then go to sleep at night and enjoy the deal you got when the car comes in. If the dealer says he is not sure run like heck. I had three dealers call me to let me know that the rebate is good till the end of the year.The one dealer sold 11 Demon's so he was a very big and reputable dealer.I ordered a RE on the 15th at 12k off MSRP and looking forward to the car being what I should have bought in the first place. I will have a 19 Hellcat non redeye for sale pretty soon that I got in December.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've also heard rumors that the rebate will be running until the end of the year. I wonder how much longer we can order one though? I'm assuming that the rebate is only for 2019's? It would be weird if 20's start coming out with 19's still arriving at dealerships. I don't know what to do. It seems I may never get this good of a deal on ordering a scat pack, but then again I might like some of the updates of the 20's. But if I wait I will most likely pay more although that would give me time to pay down the loan on my trade more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SunnyS is spot on. I asked the dealer like 100 times "are you absolutely sure the rebate will be honored when I take delivery?" He said definitely, the order is "protected". He wrote up a a Retail Purchase Agreement with all the numbers including the rebate. My car became the sixth Challenger they now have on order for customers. 5 of the 6 are Hellcats, not sure how many are RE, WB, etc. I did mention that some guys were saying online that their local dealers were telling them that they couldn't order 2019's any longer. He said those dealers may not have the "allocation". Apparently, the more you sell, the more slots you have available to your dealership. Or something close to that logic.

I too wrestled long and hard about buying a 2019 vs. waiting to see what's up for 2020. Literally lost sleep thinking about it. Ordered this car exactly how I want it with a huge discount. I feel at peace now with my decision, LOL, and will enjoy and love this car when it arrives. :)

What's going on at FCA is certainly a mystery at this point. My understanding is they will continue to produce the 2019's until the end of October. The plant will then shut down for a week and they will then change over to 2020 production. The dealer says my car will likely arrive in early October. He says the wide body treatment is done out of house. Another company adds the wheel well flares and that adds several weeks to the build process. Maybe FCA will bring the widebody treatment in house for 2020? The Hellcat Chargers will be WB as well, so would make sense. Maybe. Who knows!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best news I had all day was the following email from the dealer:

Your car was picked up and scheduled this morning, it is in a D1 status which is a scheduled build. There is no production date or estimated ship date assigned at this point. here is the VIN# for it

2C3Cxxxxxxx....

Awesome! (y)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Best news I had all day was the following email from the dealer:

Your car was picked up and scheduled this morning, it is in a D1 status which is a scheduled build. There is no production date or estimated ship date assigned at this point. here is the VIN# for it

2C3Cxxxxxxx....

Awesome! (y)
You are home free .Start thinking of what your vanity plates are going to say. I am

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,276 Posts
Well, I appears FCA is still open for business. Placed my order today, have VON number.

So far, so good!
Humm, strange. I was in the room when my dealer called FCA 3 weeks ago and they said no more 2019 orders.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Humm, strange. I was in the room when my dealer called FCA 3 weeks ago and they said no more 2019 orders.
Don't know what to tell you, but I ordered this one about 2:30 Friday afternoon. I sat there and watched him enter it into the computer. I know he ordered an Indigo Blue HC Wednesday evening as well.

Maybe FCA closed down new orders to try to clear dealer stock and then had second thoughts and opened it back up?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi RCDice,

I can confirm order banks are still open for 19’s. My self like you placed an order on 8/23/19 and today I got assigned a VIN. Talk about quick. May want to check back with your dealer.

58B5F2EB-DF38-4A0D-AC99-C820AA96CB60.jpeg

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
What's going on at FCA is certainly a mystery at this point. My understanding is they will continue to produce the 2019's until the end of October. The plant will then shut down for a week and they will then change over to 2020 production. The dealer says my car will likely arrive in early October. He says the wide body treatment is done out of house. Another company adds the wheel well flares and that adds several weeks to the build process. Maybe FCA will bring the widebody treatment in house for 2020? The Hellcat Chargers will be WB as well, so would make sense. Maybe. Who knows!
Someone else posted 2019 assembly til Nov 8 then a shutdown. Donlen says 2020 starts Nov 18 so sounds reasonable.

You might have your car before October. The flares are done at Brampton so you dealer is mistaken, only thing the Upfitter does is install the wheels and tires. Guy on another board ordered his Scat Pack (not a WB) on 7/27 and arrived at dealer on 8/15, just to give you an idea of what can be done. In 2015, another guy had his Scat from order to delivery in 8 days, no kidding. But even with the Upfitter the process is moving pretty quick and doubt it will take several weeks to get thru it. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have to wonder why FCA is changing the timeline so much. I ordered my '18 in July of 2017 and took delivery in November 2017. Now, people can conceivably be taking delivery of there '19 in the spring of 2020.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I have to wonder why FCA is changing the timeline so much. I ordered my '18 in July of 2017 and took delivery in November 2017.
This is pretty late but they change at least a little every year. Model year 2017 was pretty late too. Order banks opened on September 12, 2016 and production for 2017 did not start until October 17.

Now, people can conceivably be taking delivery of there '19 in the spring of 2020.
No, that is not possible. I know you had a delay getting yours but its different time of year and demand now. The last 2019 will be built at Brampton no later than early November so even with the Upfitter, you gotta figure delivery would be at the latest late December.

By spring of 2020 the dealerships will be filling up with 2020 cars and even starting to get some of these late availability colors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I appears FCA is still open for business. Placed my order today, have VON number.

So far, so good!
Congrats man. Mine just shjffgvbh

So far, so good!
Congrats man. My Redeye

So far, so good!
Congrats man, My redeye should be at the dealership any day now. It took 8 weeks just to get to KZ status, so be prepared to wait bro

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
14 Participants
Medsport
SRT Hellcat Forum
HellCat.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat & Demon. Discuss modifications, engine specs, pricing and more!
Full Forum Listing