SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the incentives on HCREWB dropped to $4k. Who thinks they'll still go back to the full Power Dollars ?

Screenshot_20210401-221751_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think they probably will but at the end of the build cycle, or once the build cycle is over to clear any remaining 2021 inventory ,

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock / 2021 WB Scat pack shaker
187 Posts
Today the incentives on HCREWB dropped to $4k. Who thinks they'll still go back to the full Power Dollars ?

View attachment 571274
I see them reducing it further next month or the following month. Inventory is way down and the shutdowns due to part shortages is going to continue for the foreseeable future. Couple that with all the stimulus money being given out and you have a recipe for price increases on both new and used automobiles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,599 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
275 Posts
I think the people that really need the stimulus money NEEDS to spend that on rent, utilities and groceries. They didn`t have the extra coin in the first place before COVID to be shopping for Hellcats. This chip shortage and plant shutdowns with increasingly sparse dealer lots is what is truly driving these crazy high prices on new and used vehicles.
I`m a landlord --- I BETTER not see a new Hellcat in the driveway of a tenant that is 3 or more months behind on rent godammit!! lol
Beside here in Minnesota the fuc**** license plates for an $80,000.00 car is over HALF the stimulus check! (about $800.00 bucks)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
284 Posts
I agree. There not building enough cars to give cash away. Plus new ownership.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,564 Posts
To state the obvious now is not the time to buy a new car. With factories struggling to get cars built and with a shortage of parts in part due to the wrong forecast made by automakers regarding sales factory and dealer incentives are being taken off the table.

They'll be back as inevitably car makers will over produce and then have to bring back incentives to drive sales.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To state the obvious now is not the time to buy a new car. With factories struggling to get cars built and with a shortage of parts in part due to the wrong forecast made by automakers regarding sales factory and dealer incentives are being taken off the table.

They'll be back as inevitably car makers will over produce and then have to bring back incentives to drive sales.
I sure hope this is the case.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,599 Posts

Not for Hellcat engine based vehicles this year, production will be low

·
Registered
205 Posts
incentives will not be making any comeback until year end at best.. retail business is great and only getting better as the year progresses. get what you can while you can.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
Chip shortage did not cause the high prices imo. Prices have been trending through the roof for the last few months, well before the current shutdown. Chip shortage isnt helping and will help perpetuate an already crazy market but is not the root cause imo.

Reactions: ZelS001

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,553 Posts
Yeh, my wife's lease car is up next month. We've been looking for 2 months now for anything near the $213 per month we are currently paying. No go. We have all but decided we will buy the car and then wait it out to see if good deals come back. If they don't it's a good buyout price and my wife still likes the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
252 Posts
Campers are in the same situation. We cant get enough units by a long shot. Margins are higher than normal because of supply/demand. Sell a stock unit and you have no idea when you might get another one. Best guestimate would be 3 to 8 months. I have a sold unit ordered 9/11/20, it is not scheduled to be built yet. Three wholesale price increases since last fall. Inflation is back in my part of the economy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,160 Posts
Just looked at cars.com and for 2020 they are still showing 120 cars out there.

So still some Power Dollars to be had.

For 2021 it's 135 cars in stock or transit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Demand + < Production = > Prices + < Incentives
Some auto companies did not foresee this Chip shortage. Now they must compete for Chips with gaming companies, aerospace etc. It's a sellers market currently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts