SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't intend to keep your front splitter protector and live in SoCal, I'd appreciate picking it up--have steep driveway and garage entrance transitions.
PM me. Thanks.

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts
Hope you intend on painting black (or whatever color your splitter is).
I understand that you will be placing on your splitter for you, not me or anyone else.
But, in my opinion (which does not matter to most of this planets inhabitants),
Driving around with the yellow protectors is like keeping the Styrofoam protector's on your television
after you have removed it from the box and mounted it on the wall.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Heck I’ve bought two Hellcats and neither came with those things. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
I understand that you will be placing on your splitter for you, not me or anyone else.
Driving around with the yellow protectors is like keeping the Styrofoam protector's on your television

Yeah, and what's wrong with that??? :oops:

IMG_2175mod.jpg

I bet you think demanding the dealership leave the VIN sticker on the windshield is crazy too??? (They thought I was INSANE)

Don't worry, both the VIN and the protectors have since come off.... The VIN sticker came off right after I took this picture, but the protectors took another year or so...

20161002_132523mod.jpg

:p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, intend to have painted black satin to match the splitter.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

View attachment 336553

I bet you think demanding the dealership leave the VIN sticker on the windshield is crazy too??? (They thought I was INSANE)

Don't worry, both the VIN and the protectors have since come off.... The VIN sticker came off right after I took this picture, but the protectors took another year or so...

View attachment 336561

I was hoping the forum’s two “Helicopter” guys were going to argue. :D

Seriously though... do the protectors not fall off driving around? o_O

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
I was hoping the forum’s two “Helicopter” guys were going to argue. :D

Seriously though... do the protectors not fall off driving around? o_O

Nope, and if you keep your car clean like I did, they don't even leave marks on the splitter....

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts
View attachment 336553
View attachment 336561
Well, I guess if you wanted to keep them on and yellow, you could have painted your calipers yellow to match.:rolleyes:
Please don't tell me you still have the Styrofoam on your tv?:eek:

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
Well, I guess if you wanted to keep them on and yellow, you could have painted your calipers yellow to match.:rolleyes:
Please don't tell me you still have the Styrofoam on your tv?:eek:

I took the styrofoam off, but left the clear plastic sheet over the screen...

Ever walk into a trailer home and see the plastic on the couch, kind of like that, but classier....

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yes, intend to have painted black satin to match the splitter.
Simple mod. That's what I did before mod-ing my Cat further with an APR splitter guard.

Painting the factory protector guards was easy. Mine matched the matte black splitter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Definitely an upgrade for intimidating the Ricer crowd and those late 20-something guys in V-6 Ponies who always try to race you from the stop light. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I took the styrofoam off, but left the clear plastic sheet over the screen...

Ever walk into a trailer home and see the plastic on the couch, kind of like that, but classier....
Its more like wearin a condom all day long after the fat lady sang

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Yellow splitter protectors look horrid, obviously my .02 cents which can’t even buy you a cup of coffee.

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
2,212 Posts
Not that this matters ..............
I decided to leave my Yellow Protectors on until after I got the changes done to mine.
My thinking was I knew I was going to be careful because it's my Hellcat and also I'm paying for it.
But, having other shops including the local Dodge Dealer changing the brake pads to the Z26 Extreme low-dust-pads.
Not their Hellcat so I was NOT going to take any chances until everything was completed and then I had the Detailer remove them.
He placed them in the trunk for me.

My thinking is, "Better "Safe-than Sorry" guys. ;)

Terry

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Not that this matters ..............
I decided to leave my Yellow Protectors on until after I got the changes done to mine.
My thinking was I knew I was going to be careful because it's my Hellcat and also I'm paying for it.
But, having other shops including the local Dodge Dealer changing the brake pads to the Z26 Extreme low-dust-pads.
Not their Hellcat so I was NOT going to take any chances until everything was completed and then I had the Detailer remove them.
He placed them in the trunk for me.

My thinking is, "Better "Safe-than Sorry" guys. ;)

Dude, that yellow on yellow look imparts a very intimidating street presence!

Awesome! :cool:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I like the yellow on the splitter. The black splitter is lost when you are back away from it several yards. The yellow on the tips lets the person your coming up on in the rear view mirror
002.JPG
know that you are a Cat and not an SXT.

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
2,212 Posts
Dude, that yellow on yellow look imparts a very intimidating street presence!

Awesome! :cool:
Thank-You :) :D :)

This is the way it actually looks after the changes were made.

Terry

1 - 20 of 77 Posts