SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TPMS Hell

8896 Views 93 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  nashvillecat
Hello,

Just got my 2022 Hellcat Widebody about a month ago.
I wasn't a fan of the standard satin black wheels it came with, so I picked up a set of takeoff Graphite Devil's Rims with tires and sensors.
I was skeptical the TPMS would sync up, because that's just how my luck is. Of course after about 100 miles of driving and multiple ignition cycles, the light never went off.
So I picked up a set of new sensors from Tire Rack and had Discount Tire install them. They stated the car would be able to pick them up after the usual 20+ mile drive. Go figure, the light is still on after 200 miles and multiple ignition cycles.

Took the car back to Discount and they scanned to confirm the sensors were working. They are. They also said to just keep driving it and it should come on. Obviously that's not gonna happen.

So I took it to the dealer to see if they could help. The service advisor stated they would have to break wheel/tire down and get the serial # off each sensor to input into their computer.

Tire Rack said both the dealer and the tire shop (who is on the list of installers) are wrong and it shouldn't be this complicated. I agree.

I've never had this much trouble with a stupid TPMS in my life and I've swapped out wheels on almost every car I've had.

Is there something I'm missing or an easier way to get this done?
Thanks
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,356 Posts
Hmm....I've swapped wheels on other Mopars and never had a TPMS registration issue like that. Is the TPMS light flashing or solid? It's possible the main TPMS module in the car is SNAFU and the wheels are fine, in which case they should swap the TPMS main module under warranty for ya no problem. Good luck, and hopefully you can get back to enjoying your new Hellcat soon!

Also, welcome to the forum! You can contact @DodgeCares on here too and see if they can recommend what to do also.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,575 Posts
I have 5 sets of Chrysler wheels/tires both OEM and aftermarket TPMS sensors and zero problems. No manual syncing or progamming of sensors, serial numbers, etc needed.
Your in vehicle receiver may be bad.
Do you have an any aftermarket electronics, LEDs, OBDII attached devices, Cell phone or USB chargers, etc that might be interfering with the signal?

· Registered
Charger 392
217 Posts
I had this happen when I went with 11 inch rears. My fix was to disconnect the battery in the trunk for 30 minutes. Reset a lot of electronics. Worked after about 10 miles of driving.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
10min ago I was debating starting a new thread on this very subject. Now that I see someone else has the exact problem, I'm thinking there might be something different about the 22's.

Last year, for my 20HC I got 305’s on 10.5” wheels with new Schrader OEM TPMS. Dealer mounted them and I drove them all last summer no problems. Took them off and put the OEM P0AS on for winter.

Last week I put the 305's on the 22 RE and it would not pick up either TPMS. The car sent a message to Dodge and they sent me a email telling me to service TPMS.

My first thought was to reset the TPMS system, the fuse is in the trunk, which is when I noticed the loose neg battery cable (another thread). I disconnected the battery for a couple min to reset the system. No help. (Maybe 30min would have worked???)

After maybe 30mi I stopped by the dealer and the Serv mgr said to keep driving. Now I’m well over 100mi and it still doesn’t see the TPMS. Today I pulled the 305’s and put the OEM wheels back on. So far, after 30mi, it won’t read the OEM’s either!!!

When I start the car I get the TPMS warning in about 15sec, before I move. It’s like the car remembers there is a problem and refuses to look for the TPMS.

I'm swinging by the dealer tomorrow.

Did you try putting the OEM wheels on to see if it finds them again? In my case, it is a Dodge problem since it now does not see the OEM wheels.

· Registered
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
4,169 Posts
I hate to say this. But did you read the owners manual? If they did change the Vehicle then there may be a procedure to link them up. Initiate a search etc......

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
256 Posts
I just purchased new granite speed warp wheels and had Discount tire install there TMPS sensors. I haven’t mounted the rims and tires to the car yet so I hope they will connect and turn off the light. Fingers crossed. The OEM from Dodge were back ordered for months. Decided to go with Discount tire. Hopefully I did not make a mistake here. Will see when spring arrives in cold Cleveland Ohio.

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
3,876 Posts
1. Did they work initially? 2. Does the manual say anything? 3. (I got nothing) MY manual actually says the error light will go off after a few cycles, like if you're running winter tires w/o sensors.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
I never had problems before either, now even the OEM wheels don't read. That was the point of my post, and to see if anyone had a possible solution.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all of the help and suggestions so far!
I checked the manual - no help.
When the car starts, the light flashes and the screen says there's an issue with the TPMS. The light stops flashing once I'm driving.
I have not swapped the originals back on yet, but will give it a try this week.
First, I'll give the battery disconnect a try since that's quick and easy.

I'll report back after I try the battery.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
207 Posts

· Registered
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
4,169 Posts
I never had problems before either, now even the OEM wheels don't read. That was the point of my post, and to see if anyone had a possible solution.
It sounds like some dealers might not be up to speed on this possible change on the 22's. Maybe try another dealer? Maybe tactfully suggest that they investigate. If the 22's are having issues then there is likely a solution. Hopefully an end user procedure, so we can link them up ourselves.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts