SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TPMS Hell

8894 Views 93 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  nashvillecat
Hello,

Just got my 2022 Hellcat Widebody about a month ago.
I wasn't a fan of the standard satin black wheels it came with, so I picked up a set of takeoff Graphite Devil's Rims with tires and sensors.
I was skeptical the TPMS would sync up, because that's just how my luck is. Of course after about 100 miles of driving and multiple ignition cycles, the light never went off.
So I picked up a set of new sensors from Tire Rack and had Discount Tire install them. They stated the car would be able to pick them up after the usual 20+ mile drive. Go figure, the light is still on after 200 miles and multiple ignition cycles.

Took the car back to Discount and they scanned to confirm the sensors were working. They are. They also said to just keep driving it and it should come on. Obviously that's not gonna happen.

So I took it to the dealer to see if they could help. The service advisor stated they would have to break wheel/tire down and get the serial # off each sensor to input into their computer.

Tire Rack said both the dealer and the tire shop (who is on the list of installers) are wrong and it shouldn't be this complicated. I agree.

I've never had this much trouble with a stupid TPMS in my life and I've swapped out wheels on almost every car I've had.

Is there something I'm missing or an easier way to get this done?
Thanks
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

· Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye
111 Posts
I believe that is the sensor. In the diagram is shows the TPMS as Item #4. In the description it says “Part can be found as reference #4 in illustration”. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Yesterday I stopped by the dealer and showed the serv mgr the printout and he said that was the correct #. Maybe he made the same mistake? Let me know, thanks for helping us make sure!
Maybe I am wrong then. I was just going by what it said: Mounting Hardware Kit, Includes I-Sheet. Sensors Serviced Seperate.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
Maybe I am wrong then. I was just going by what it said: Mounting Hardware Kit, Includes I-Sheet. Sensors Serviced Seperate.
I was sure but not so much after you mentioned it! Then I researched it all over again. It sucks to order the wrong thing, not only do need to return it and lose money, you also don't have the right part when you need it. We'll be sure when Lucas gets his! Nice to have a "Mikey" to try it! :)

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,511 Posts
Hello,

Just got my 2022 Hellcat Widebody about a month ago.
I wasn't a fan of the standard satin black wheels it came with, so I picked up a set of takeoff Graphite Devil's Rims with tires and sensors.
I was skeptical the TPMS would sync up, because that's just how my luck is. Of course after about 100 miles of driving and multiple ignition cycles, the light never went off.
So I picked up a set of new sensors from Tire Rack and had Discount Tire install them. They stated the car would be able to pick them up after the usual 20+ mile drive. Go figure, the light is still on after 200 miles and multiple ignition cycles.

Took the car back to Discount and they scanned to confirm the sensors were working. They are. They also said to just keep driving it and it should come on. Obviously that's not gonna happen.

So I took it to the dealer to see if they could help. The service advisor stated they would have to break wheel/tire down and get the serial # off each sensor to input into their computer.

Tire Rack said both the dealer and the tire shop (who is on the list of installers) are wrong and it shouldn't be this complicated. I agree.

I've never had this much trouble with a stupid TPMS in my life and I've swapped out wheels on almost every car I've had.

Is there something I'm missing or an easier way to get this done?
Thanks
Sometimes, while rare, the Dealer has to force the synch. Like @blkcat2016 posted, it could also be the module. New just means "Never been used". Doesn't mean it's any good. Let the Dealer sort it out.

Not sure I would have gotten away from OE TPMS. You may have compounded issues.

Also, batteries only last maybe 5 years so make sure you get new sensors.

· Banned
3,421 Posts
Right now I am running old wheels/TPMS on the back of the 22 and at every start-up I get the TPMS warning and have to scroll through the screen to get out. If I understand the manual correctly, if you do not have TPMS on all 4's, it'll learn to ignore everything. Apparently if it is just 2, it continues to display the warning.

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
3,876 Posts
Right now I am running old wheels/TPMS on the back of the 22 and at every start-up I get the TPMS warning and have to scroll through the screen to get out. If I understand the manual correctly, if you do not have TPMS on all 4's, it'll learn to ignore everything. Apparently if it is just 2, it continues to display the warning.
Yes, but I have yet to see anyone confirm it though.

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,083 Posts
This has been an informative thread, and also reminded me to order a set of Tpms sensors for PRE 22! Good job everyone. It sucks that they just changed things that won't work in earlier cars even though it's the same dang car!

· Banned
3,421 Posts
My Serv Mgr guesses this is part of the Stellantis consolidation of sources. Probably saves them $0.50 per car but causes us a ton of aggravation!

· Registered
143 Posts
I was sure but not so much after you mentioned it! Then I researched it all over again. It sucks to order the wrong thing, not only do need to return it and lose money, you also don't have the right part when you need it. We'll be sure when Lucas gets his! Nice to have a "Mikey" to try it! :)
„Happy” to be guinea pig! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
143 Posts
So a little update … my orders (tpms and some others) were calcelled due to the fact that those items are on back order with no ETA when they are available again.

What are the proven alternatives then for tpms for 2022 Charger?

· Banned
3,421 Posts
So a little update … my orders (tpms and some others) were calcelled due to the fact that those items are on back order with no ETA when they are available again.

What are the proven alternatives then for tpms for 2022 Charger?
Great!!! Not only do they change the TPMS so my wheels are are not compatible between the 2 cars, but I can't get the new TPMS?!?!?

Did you try some of the other mopar-on-line-discount-places.coms?

(Thanks for being the Mikey!:))

· Registered
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
4,168 Posts
Lol, no, can you share those websites that I can trust and I’ll make orders there. Mickey I will be, no problem.

You can 100% trust these folks. I have been ordering from them for YEARS. But if they are on back order, then they are on back order. If you want to be sure, Call them and ask for Jeremy in "Internet Parts".

· Registered
3,826 Posts
It sounds like some dealers might not be up to speed on this possible change on the 22's. Maybe try another dealer? Maybe tactfully suggest that they investigate. If the 22's are having issues then there is likely a solution. Hopefully an end user procedure, so we can link them up ourselves.
Sat in the factory for so long waiting for computer chips the batteries went dead

· Banned
3,421 Posts
Somebody is selling "OEM Replacements" on ebay, but apparently only in sets of 4.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
294 Posts
Just put my drag radials off my 16 on the 22 and guess what! Why would they change the TPMS on a car that is going out of production next year?

· Registered
2022 Indigo Blue Super Stock
5 Posts
Just put my drag radials off my 16 on the 22 and guess what! Why would they change the TPMS on a car that is going out of production next year?
Did the same. Put my drag radials from my 19 Redeye on my 22 SS and they wouldn’t read. I bought a set of the orange TPMS for a 22 from the eBay site and swapped out the old senders that had worked fine on the 19. The 22 reads these new senders. .

41 - 60 of 94 Posts