SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TPMS Hell

8894 Views 93 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  nashvillecat
Hello,

Just got my 2022 Hellcat Widebody about a month ago.
I wasn't a fan of the standard satin black wheels it came with, so I picked up a set of takeoff Graphite Devil's Rims with tires and sensors.
I was skeptical the TPMS would sync up, because that's just how my luck is. Of course after about 100 miles of driving and multiple ignition cycles, the light never went off.
So I picked up a set of new sensors from Tire Rack and had Discount Tire install them. They stated the car would be able to pick them up after the usual 20+ mile drive. Go figure, the light is still on after 200 miles and multiple ignition cycles.

Took the car back to Discount and they scanned to confirm the sensors were working. They are. They also said to just keep driving it and it should come on. Obviously that's not gonna happen.

So I took it to the dealer to see if they could help. The service advisor stated they would have to break wheel/tire down and get the serial # off each sensor to input into their computer.

Tire Rack said both the dealer and the tire shop (who is on the list of installers) are wrong and it shouldn't be this complicated. I agree.

I've never had this much trouble with a stupid TPMS in my life and I've swapped out wheels on almost every car I've had.

Is there something I'm missing or an easier way to get this done?
Thanks
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
Did the same. Put my drag radials from my 19 Redeye on my 22 SS and they wouldn’t read. I bought a set of the orange TPMS for a 22 from the eBay site and swapped out the old senders that had worked fine on the 19. The 22 reads these new senders. .
Can you give us a link to the 22 TPMS you got that worked? Thanks!

· Registered
143 Posts

· Banned
3,421 Posts
Please help me understand, when you start your car, do any warnings pop up? Does it act like a normal car?

Right now I have my 2020 wheels on the back of my 2022 and every time I start I get 30 sec of warnings and 2-3 screens and I have to manually scroll out of them! PITA!!!

· Registered
143 Posts
Somebody is selling "OEM Replacements" on ebay, but apparently only in sets of 4.

Anyone verified they work and don’t need programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Banned
3,421 Posts
Solved:

· Registered
143 Posts
Solved:

So … for the ones on ebay they don’t work if anyone interested unless there is any trick to make them work. It took the car around 10 miles to figure kitty doesn’t like them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 94 Posts