SRT Hellcat Forum banner

TPMS question!

4098 13
I have 18" rims with the Nitto NT05R 305/45R18 with a 28.9 inch diameter that I used for drag racing my 2010 RT Classic. The question I have is that some have speculated that if I don't have the tire pressure sensors in the rim it will cause the Hellcat to bog done or cause electronic issues. Now with my 2010 I had an interceptor gauge pod that allowed my turn off traction control and outside of my tire light showing on the dash it caused me no bogging issues.

The stock tires look like they measures i at 28.66"

So without having a tuner the variance is;
Revolutions per mile (km) 700.11 (435.03) for the 305/45/R18 compared to stock 703.67 (437.24) 3.56 (2.21) which is less than 0.5%.

I know with my stock tires on my RT of 245/45/20 the car would go into limp mode as the revolutions did not match or was outside of tolerance.

With the stock tires being a 275 and the Nitto's in a 305 I'm as close as I'm going to get.

With the new Hellcat is this an issue?

Thanks!
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
not sure if 0.5% is enough of a difference to cause problems but missing TPM sensors should only cause warning lamp illumination.
Correct, no issues with mine on

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
just installed my 18" Bravado Tribute wheels without the TPMS and it bogs or goes into limp mode. I will try to install a new set and see if that makes a difference
What are you talking about? I've had mine for a month and no sensors don't cause a bog. TPM is just a warning and nothing else.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
it was acting like the traction control was on but I had it in track mode and the light indicated traction control was off.
You got another issue then, mines at track every weekend and track is how I do burnouts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
it was acting like the traction control was on but I had it in track mode and the light indicated traction control was off.
Traction control is not all the way off unless you hold the button down until it beeps. Track mode only partially disables it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,343 Posts
Fyi I have sensors and when you drop the tire pressure down to 18-20 psi the light comes on anyway so if they are just track wheels you don't need them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
354 Posts
I have the same combo, bravado 18's without sensors. I install them at the track & get 6 runs or so in before i get a TPMS warning. I have never had any bog whatsoever. When i put my stocks on at the end of the night it only takes a mile or two for the system to be happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.