SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I seen somewhere here where the trackhawk quad tips will bolt up to the Challenger resonators. Anyone have some input if they will work? Jeff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the part numbers if anyone is interested.. 68306589AB, 68306590AB

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,521 Posts
I don’t want to like the quad tips on the Challenger and then I see something like this. Damn that’s sharp!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
184 Posts
I don’t want to like the quad tips on the Challenger and then I see something like this. Damn that’s sharp!
Technically the Challengers have the 70-74 Cuda exhaust tips. They should have used the 70-74 Challenger R/T tips.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
Where did you get them?
I got them from a member on this forum, he posted it in the for sale section. Do I have these on backwards??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
thanks I will swap them out...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
I know that the stock exhaust tips are clamped on but are they also tach welded. So my next question is are the forum members who have done this mod tach welding their tips. Has anyone had them fall off because they weren’t tach welded ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
138 Posts
They won't fall off as the part that clamps the tips to the muffler is round/bell shaped and the tips can't come off was the clamp is in place. The clamp is actually concave and not flat so that when it is tightened over the bell it can't come loose. The tack weld on the clamp is pretty weak. Mine was on crooked as hell and was preventing me from lining up the tips properly. So I was able to grab the clamp and work it back and forth until the weld snapped, it was pretty easy. This allowed me to place the clamp centered over the bell to give a perfect fit. No tack welds here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts