SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Here are the numbers my Dodge Dealer gave me;
2021 Charger Redeye - no added options $72,838
2015 Charger Hellcat 9,900 miles Red, w/Nav (perfect 9.5/10 condition) trade in $35,000

Is $35,000 outrageous? I see 2015's going to $52,000 with 30,000 - 40,000 mile!
You guys / gals have so much knowledge - Is this a bad deal - upgrade will cost $42,000.

My "GO" # was $25,000 - $30,000, but for $42,000 I'll keep my 2015. I cherish your opinion and thoughts.
Paul
Where is a 2015 w/30k mi selling for $52k? You can buy a much lower mi 2018 for that $

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Carmax offered me 45k for a 2018 Charger HC with 31k miles. I laughed and left
Fair offer for the mileage. I was offered $52500 for my 2018 with about 16k miles at the time

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
662 Posts
Sell it privately. More work but you get your money then. Trading it in you better be ready to cough up the convenience money of not having to deal with tire kickers etc. Also keep in mind a lot of these cars sold for way less then the MSRP.
I think a lot of owners on this thread need to get off their high horse in thinking these things are so renowned and hold their retail like a one of kind Mclaren. lol

My 16 loaded has 19k miles on it. I'd be more than happy getting 45k and my rock bottom would be 40k private sale (with mods, they add no value to the car...actually almost devalue the car). Mine is mint! From a dealership on a trade in and not having to dick with selling it? 35k sounds right but obviously I'd push for for a few grand and you know they'd give in....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
Sell it privately. More work but you get your money then. Trading it in you better be ready to cough up the convenience money of not having to deal with tire kickers etc. Also keep in mind a lot of these cars sold for way less then the MSRP.
I think a lot of owners on this thread need to get off their high horse in thinking these things are so renowned and hold their retail like a one of kind Mclaren. lol

My 16 loaded has 19k miles on it. I'd be more than happy getting 45k and my rock bottom would be 40k private sale (with mods, they add no value to the car...actually almost devalue the car). Mine is mint! From a dealership on a trade in and not having to dick with selling it? 35k sounds right but obviously I'd push for for a few grand and you know they'd give in....
Not everyone wants to deal with crazy people and private party sales, you also get a tax break in most states when you trade.
For trade value I search dealerships within 500 miles to see the current market of the car I’m trading and subtract up to $4k and you’ll be in the ballpark.
Not Mclaren but it looks like market value has been holding decently for these cars with lower miles.
Filtered national search 2015 Hellcat a8 <10k miles in cars.com:
I’m seeing similar results on a other classified car websites as well.
35k does not sound right, op’s car has 9000 miles (miles a big factor) assuming it’s in decent condition I wouldn’t take a penny under 42k currently.

·
BMF
4,568 Posts
35k is actually generous trade in value.
You should jump on it.
Once the National Lockdowns Start prices will plummet

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,113 Posts

·
BMF
4,568 Posts
Slowpoke you are giving out False Information
The National Lockdowns start once the New Democratic Administration gets in power.

Reactions: Dennis H and catdad

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,200 Posts
Fair offer for the mileage. I was offered $52500 for my 2018 with about 16k miles at the time
Traded in my 2018 Challenger Hellcat with 27K+ miles -- in excellent condition but granted needing two new front tires -- and got a 2020 Scat Pack and $3K check back from the dealer. Scat Pack stickered for for over $51K IIRC.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,215 Posts
Traded in my 2018 Challenger Hellcat with 27K+ miles -- in excellent condition but granted needing two new front tires -- and got a 2020 Scat Pack and $3K check back from the dealer. Scat Pack stickered for for over $51K IIRC.
When/ where was this

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,102 Posts
35k is low but that's what dealers do. 40k-42k is about right for a super low mileage 2015 now depending on options. Its true you might be able to sell outright for a little more if you can wait for the right buyer to come along. 50k+ isn't happening on a 2015.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,200 Posts
When/ where was this
November 13/14 (I can't recall which day) of 2020.

At the dealer the other day and was told the car had been sold.

But just checked and it is still for sale. I would not have mentioned it had I known the car was still for sale.

I'll not name the dealer, until after the car has sold.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Not fair market value though. The nada report shows past 8 2018s in my area with 5k more miles average selling at 60k
That's a sale $ not a trade in $. Not comparing the same thing at all...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,621 Posts
Dealer near me in NE MD has an A8 2020 HC WB with Zero options and 5000 miles on it on the lot for $68k also has a 2014 Radar Red SRT8 392 M6 with red leather seats and sunroof with 2500 miiles on it for $39k Prices are high on used ones near me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I came back from another dealer. They gave offered $42,500 for the trade in - The car was right there - they did not even look at it. Better than the $35,000. But he couldn't match the 1st guy's price. I can config a charger redeye with no options for $74,090 on the Dodge site. Town and Country Jeep in Levittown NY said that is Dodge's price - I want $75,150. Does the $74,090 on the Dodge site include the gas guzzler tax? But I git kicked out of the dealership because I parked in 2 spots (between 2 brand new cars - I didn't want to dare scratch them. The manager said - "park it the right way or GET THE **** OUT!" ...so I left.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I came back from another dealer. They gave offered $42,500 for the trade in - The car was right there - they did not even look at it. Better than the $35,000. But he couldn't match the 1st guy's price. I can config a charger redeye with no options for $74,090 on the Dodge site. Town and Country Jeep in Levittown NY said that is Dodge's price - I want $75,150. Does the $74,090 on the Dodge site include the gas guzzler tax? But I git kicked out of the dealership because I parked in 2 spots (between 2 brand new cars - I didn't want to dare scratch them. The manager said - "park it the right way or GET THE **** OUT!" ...so I left.
42 is in the ballpark for a trade in. They are going to turn around and list it for 50k but that’s how it works. I traded in a car for 18k one time and checked the site a couple days later it was listed for 35k

·
Registered
2020 Durango SRT
24 Posts
Got more than $35k for trade on my 18’ scat pack with 23k miles...definitely better out there, keep looking...good luck!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Rule #1 of car buying...........There is no negotiation unless your prepared to walk away. $35k is an insult (my opinion)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
I had a similar problem last year trying to trade in my 2016 all stock only 13k miles and sits in the garage. I was interested in getting a redeye widebody just because so it was easy to walk away, I was hoping for mid 40's and they were low 30's I laughed and left. But later on I got pissed off, they really have you at their mercy because they know it's not easy to sell a car privately for that high a price. Too many lookers and you want to avoid being scammed. Btw I'm on Long Island where there isn't any inventory even if you wanted to buy something new.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts