SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
I have a 2015 Hellcat Charger, Under 10K miles, Mint condition and custom paint on top of hood where it rises in the center . B5-Blue,Top black and spoiler black. All the options like wheels, Leather and too many other things to read off the sticker. I hope the value might still be up like at $40K ish presently and keeps some value cause I will probably sell it in a couple years (getting old and early state of Alzheimer's has been unfortunately the latest info from my Dr. ) Wife is afraid to drive it so can't keep it if I can't drive it. Backed it out for pic. then back in warm garage!

·
BMF
4,568 Posts
2015 are going for low 30s

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
35k is actually generous trade in value.
You should jump on it.
Once the National Lockdowns Start prices will plummet
What’s funny is I read your posts across this platform and initially thought you were a troll. Then I realized you’re just speaking the truth even if the words are not what the OP wants to hear. Not being sarcastic either. Stay frosty.
Airborne!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Here are the numbers my Dodge Dealer gave me;
2021 Charger Redeye - no added options $72,838
2015 Charger Hellcat 9,900 miles Red, w/Nav (perfect 9.5/10 condition) trade in $35,000

Is $35,000 outrageous? I see 2015's going to $52,000 with 30,000 - 40,000 mile!
You guys / gals have so much knowledge - Is this a bad deal - upgrade will cost $42,000.

My "GO" # was $25,000 - $30,000, but for $42,000 I'll keep my 2015. I cherish your opinion and thoughts.
Paul
Not surprising from a dealer. They got to make 10k. For that much I would keep the one you have and add some mods to get the extra 100hp. It would definitely cost less. And nothing has changed that much to justify that kind of money

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Traded in my 2018 Challenger Hellcat with 27K+ miles -- in excellent condition but granted needing two new front tires -- and got a 2020 Scat Pack and $3K check back from the dealer. Scat Pack stickered for for over $51K IIRC.
Really. Two front tires. Haha. Why would you drop down to a scat pack?

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
45 Posts
I will drive it till I can't and hope that's for at least another couple years. I am only 75yr old but drive like i'm 25.
Good for you my friend. Drive it like you stole it till you can't no more.
God Speed and Good Speed to you!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,102 Posts
I came back from another dealer. They gave offered $42,500 for the trade in - The car was right there - they did not even look at it. Better than the $35,000. But he couldn't match the 1st guy's price. I can config a charger redeye with no options for $74,090 on the Dodge site. Town and Country Jeep in Levittown NY said that is Dodge's price - I want $75,150. Does the $74,090 on the Dodge site include the gas guzzler tax? But I git kicked out of the dealership because I parked in 2 spots (between 2 brand new cars - I didn't want to dare scratch them. The manager said - "park it the right way or GET THE **** OUT!" ...so I left.
$42500 is TOP dollar for your 2015. I managed to get $44k for my 2016 with 28K miles about 3 months ago but I had to visit 4 dealers, one offered as low as $35k too. Believe it or not 28K miles is considered low too and there's just not much more to be gained from even lower mileage and your car is 1 year older than mine was. I hate that you expect more for your car but it just isn't there. $42500 for a car that is almost 6 years old now regardless of the mileage, that stickered for probably $62-65K since the 2015's were cheaper than the 2016+ models, says to be me that resell value is still very good on these cars, but you can't expect that they will stay over 50k forever.

Reactions: MJS73

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,102 Posts
I had a similar problem last year trying to trade in my 2016 all stock only 13k miles and sits in the garage. I was interested in getting a redeye widebody just because so it was easy to walk away, I was hoping for mid 40's and they were low 30's I laughed and left. But later on I got pissed off, they really have you at their mercy because they know it's not easy to sell a car privately for that high a price. Too many lookers and you want to avoid being scammed. Btw I'm on Long Island where there isn't any inventory even if you wanted to buy something new.
Exactly right, they know you will have a hard time selling it outright and most people would rather go through a dealer now. The dealer also knows there's a high probability that the car will sit on the lot for a little while. The problem with a car like the Hellcat is that the dealer will have 10 or more people show up to drive the car with no intention of even buying it. They just want to joyride in them and that's a waste of the dealer's time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,102 Posts
2015 are going for low 30s
I haven't seen a 2015 anywhere going for that price that wasn't a salvage title. The M6's are a few K cheaper than the A8s but even they are still in the high 30's.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I came back from another dealer. They gave offered $42,500 for the trade in - The car was right there - they did not even look at it. Better than the $35,000. But he couldn't match the 1st guy's price. I can config a charger redeye with no options for $74,090 on the Dodge site. Town and Country Jeep in Levittown NY said that is Dodge's price - I want $75,150. Does the $74,090 on the Dodge site include the gas guzzler tax? But I git kicked out of the dealership because I parked in 2 spots (between 2 brand new cars - I didn't want to dare scratch them. The manager said - "park it the right way or GET THE **** OUT!" ...so I left.
I've sent you 2 PMs asking if you want to sell privately. I've been in the market for a Hellcat Charger for about 2 months since I sold my Hellcat Challenger.

Let me know.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,200 Posts
Really. Two front tires. Haha. Why would you drop down to a scat pack?
Just decided I didn't want to own such a complex car out of warranty. Traded it in mid November 2020. Warranty expires sometime mid February this year. Figured the car with some factory warranty left was worth as much as a trade in as it would ever be so when I spotted the 2020 Scat Pack with a 6-speed I decided to go back to a simpler car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
any wonder why people dislike dealers?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts