SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Trade ins?

12K views 91 replies 30 participants last post by  april77 
I'm stopping in at CarMax on the way to pick up my hellcat and getting a quote from them. I'll use that quote as a ammo to help in the negotiating with my dealer. If CarMax offers me 10k and dealer offers like 9k...then I'll still just stick with the dealer for the tax break and the ease of transaction.

Caren....don't you have a CarMax in the area?? The quote is free and takes like 30 minutes and is independent of you buying a car there.

I'm her husband and we're not even bothering going to CarMax. Before I got the Challenger I took my 2010 B5 SRT8 to CarMax for kicks and they offered 20k for it. I laughed and walked away. Complete waste of time.

Edit: Should add that 20k was below 'rough' Black Book value for trade-in, LOL. That car was far from 'rough' condition.
wow, that sucks. I have only had 1 dealing with CarMax so far, it was for my gf's Camaro and they offered pretty much exactly what the KBB said it should be. Hoping it's the same for me and my charger, but if nothing else I'll have a number in my pocket just in case, but both of our cars are around the $10k mark for trade in so maybe that'll help as opposed to your $40+K trade in.

Oh man, tsc is really in trouble! (But I guess he figured that out by now). If you really like jewelry I would be happy to PM you a link (I don't think I am allowed to post it) to my Flickr site with (a small part of) my wife's collection - almost all "vintage" (she is not a fan of modern). For aficionados it is a fun collection to look at...
I'd like to see the collection, my gf loves vintage crap, I mean stuff....no I meant crap. PM to me please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.