SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Trade ins?

12K views 91 replies 30 participants last post by  april77 
Is anyone else doing a trade-in on their Hellcat purchase? Did your dealer try to sc**w you over (like mine is) because they know you're stuck buying the car you ordered no matter what?
My dealer has always promised me whatever I owed for my trades. Since I don't put anything down and I don't keep them more than 3 years, its always been a win for me. I was able to get over book for my trade and msrp for my Hellbaby. I also had about $10k in mods on my trade so, it was a win/win for both.

I'm her husband and we're not even bothering going to CarMax. Before I got the Challenger I took my 2010 B5 SRT8 to CarMax for kicks and they offered 20k for it. I laughed and walked away. Complete waste of time.
Yep, I figure if I get a bit of a loss I got it back in pure kick a$$ enjoyment while I owned it! LOL Go get your woman's car, screw the trade bs. Its worth it!!

Reactions: caren
I still need to crunch the numbers as the tax savings may be worth it even with their low-ball trade offer. Plus the lack of hassle of selling on your own, not even knowing when the new car will show up.

I've always considered a trade in a convenice tax. As I've gotten older I'm fine with that as long as the offer is reasonable. What sucks is they're offering the same amount as what I got from the other dealer where we got our Challenger. But mine had nearly double the miles, and did not have A5, sunroof and navigation like hers does. Wish we could switch the order to the other dealer.. :(
Yeah, that's b.s. they got you because the car is ordered and they know they can sell it. Jackturds! Are they even close to trade in book value? Good luck, I hope you guys get it worked out. Caren needs to get her Hellbaby!!

They're close to 3k off the mark for trade in based on Blue Book, Black Book and NADA..
Ugh! That does suck, but based on what we have seen not surprising. At least they aren't trying to get $10k more from you guys. Just my opinion, which is worth less than 2 cents, but I would still take the deal as long as it doesn't cause you to be seriously upside down with the bank. o_O

We get charged tax (GST/PST) on our Federal Green Levy fee. :mad:
Crappers! Now I need to go look at my paperwork. My initial answer is, no it was listed after price and state tax. But that is not my final answer until I look!o_O

I'm looking at my POC and sticker and it looks like the GG tax is added as an option. I'm guessing that you do, you know Uncle Sam loves taxes....the more, the merrier:mad:
Well, that is some bullshizzy. Good thing I get to write off all that tax on my return. I'm running out of things to donate.o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.