SRT Hellcat Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
I'm her husband and we're not even bothering going to CarMax. Before I got the Challenger I took my 2010 B5 SRT8 to CarMax for kicks and they offered 20k for it. I laughed and walked away. Complete waste of time.

Edit: Should add that 20k was below 'rough' Black Book value for trade-in, LOL. That car was far from 'rough' condition.
wow, that sucks. I have only had 1 dealing with CarMax so far, it was for my gf's Camaro and they offered pretty much exactly what the KBB said it should be. Hoping it's the same for me and my charger, but if nothing else I'll have a number in my pocket just in case, but both of our cars are around the $10k mark for trade in so maybe that'll help as opposed to your $40+K trade in.

I traded my 2014 bmw 435i

you don't get charge tax on the gas guzzler tax do you? I'll be really pissed if we have to pay taxes on the taxes :)
We get charged tax (GST/PST) on our Federal Green Levy fee. :mad:

My old srt got bought back under lemon law. So no trade for me
What was the issue that made it a lemon. Just curious.

I'm looking at my POC and sticker and it looks like the GG tax is added as an option. I'm guessing that you do, you know Uncle Sam loves taxes....the more, the merrier:mad:
Well, that is some bullshizzy. Good thing I get to write off all that tax on my return. I'm running out of things to donate.o_O

Well, that is some bullshizzy. Good thing I get to write off all that tax on my return. I'm running out of things to donate.o_O
I agree, I don't think they can do that. So I did go look at the POC and the MSRP is cheaper than the the option price, so they must back it out. (so they could add it to the total). So, I'm off the ceiling a little now...

Was also thinking about the trade in vs. selling outright and losing that tax advantage, but at Tammie points out, we can deduct the sales tax on our state taxes. Makes that wash.

Curious, how much did you get for that? Was it purchased new? That is like a 65K+ vehicle.
Bought it brand new 58k they gave me 46k terrivle resale cars

. . .Was also thinking about the trade in vs. selling outright and losing that tax advantage, but at Tammie points out, we can deduct the sales tax on our state taxes. Makes that wash.
Ah, not an option up here in Canuckland.

i got about $3k over what i would have on a trade in.......which is a bit more than i would have saved in taxes...took 5 weeks, tons of people dreaming making low ball offers....sold it on ebay.....

reason i didnt consider a trade in is i wanted to be able to get my new HC anywhere....w/o the hassle....you finally find a HC for msrp and now you have to d*ck around with a trade in....no one wants it and it just adds another element to the frustration in finding one.....

sold mine in WI in the middle of winter to a guy 8 hours away who bought it sight unseen.....just pics off ebay.....when he showed up he didnt even really look at it

Transmission could not get parts to repair it. Sat in shop 5 months
Dang, you would think they would just get you a complete replacement tranny... Has to be cheaper than a buy back. I'm guessing not replacement units available either?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.